cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I just got an email that the subject was "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" from paypal.

Now, I'm not selling anything now nor do I plan to, but it says "Recurring". Does that mean eBay is going to charge me seller fee's every month no matter what now?
Message 1 of 226
latest reply
225 REPLIES 225

Oh jeeeeeezeeeeeeeee I just realized that the OP thread was STARTED back in 08. Please disregard my previous post. I think I may have been too quick to cancel that Ebay, Inc. now. The fact that the Pay List is no longer there makes me think this whole thing may have been resolved a long time ago as I have NEVER been charged any recurring fees . Guess I will have to go and set it back up again.
Message 61 of 226
latest reply

jeff3626
Enthusiast
Oh jeeeeeezeeeeeeeee I just realized that the OP thread was STARTED back in 08. Please disregard my previous post. I think I may have been too quick to cancel that Ebay, Inc. now. The fact that the Pay List is no longer there makes me think this whole thing may have been resolved a long time ago as I have NEVER been charged any recurring fees . Guess I will have to go and set it back up again.

You may want to abstain from that, I just received a nice little bill of $124.22, titled "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment." I don't recall ever selling anything, ever. PayPal says I initiated this crap on April 18, 2009. Naturally I do not recall ever signing to fork over $100+ a month to these people.

Long story short, they still are up to their old tricks, quietly siphoning money from their unknowing users.
Message 62 of 226
latest reply

Thank-you Jeff & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

Did you read the whole thread? Did you review my post #19? Did you find this by doing a "Search"? If so, where?

Looking for input on how to improve this topic...
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 63 of 226
latest reply

jozee955
Enthusiast
Hi,

I was reading this thread because I have been away from selling for a while and wanted to figure out if I should return to selling on ebay.

I took your advice and went onto my Paypal account. Ebay Inc was there and the billing limit was $300,000 per month!!

Fortunately I have not had any withdrawals. I also checked the subscriptions on the seller account.

Wow, this may have helped me make my decision!
Jozee
Message 64 of 226
latest reply

Wow! You haven't sold since Dec. '07! Lotsa changes...
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 65 of 226
latest reply

Dear Hondamedic , since you seem to be the one with the wisest answers of anyone I have read here, are there recurring billing fees? I don't see any on any of my stuff , but then the truth is I wouldnt know where I was suppose to look for them. The more I have read this thread the more confused I am getting so please explain anything you know 🙂
Message 66 of 226
latest reply

jeff3626
Enthusiast
Thank you for the welcome.

I've read the entire thread, I pretty much went into rage-panic mode when I saw that they took $122 from me for no apparent reason. Was able to easily cancel my unknown subscription, the only problem now is this money they took from me. Live chat was pretty much useless, the session was ended for whatever reason after I explained my problem to the eBay contact.
Message 67 of 226
latest reply

Jeff.... Please stand by... More help to follow... But this is what I have now....

OK... Log into your eBay account home page.........

Wave cursor over the Account Tab in the upper left corner of page & click on "Summary, "Account Summary" opens...... Click on, View: All account activity, right hand side, "Select Invoices", review charges... Look for "Recurring" in the charge....

Thanks for stopping back!
Message 68 of 226
latest reply

davidrsim
Enthusiast
Thanks for this thread. I've just encountered this charge for the first time - you would think they would provide an easy to find breakdown of how the cost is made up. It is entirely automated after all.

I sold a couple of items. One went missing in the post and despite me having clear evidence that I'd sent it Paypal refunded the transaction anyway. So I'm not only £159 down on the transaction (which I accept, as unfair as it is), it seems that Paypal have charged me seller fees for the sale anyway! Is this correct?
Message 69 of 226
latest reply

flyfishhikeski
Enthusiast
This worked for me!!
Message 70 of 226
latest reply

That's right! 3 eBay accounts & 2 I haven't a clue about! & 1 has authorization to deduct 250 bucks a month!

I had signed in after getting an email about recurring payments being deducted after only having sold 3 things for my mother over a month ago, they had set themselves up to be able to deduct $300,000 a month.

I have no clue where this recurring payment came from, I was deducted for the things I sold accordingly at the time, but ebay just got 5 bucks extra from under my nose. Might as well be pick pocketing me.

Needless to say, I canceled it. It discourages me from using ebay period, but there is no other other e-auction site that I trust, heh trust, as much.

I wonder if I can get my 5er back.
Message 71 of 226
latest reply

Holy Toledo, Batman! I lucked out, no recurring fees, but I should have been watching it for years...I did set up some Good Til Cancelled BINs that I'll have to watch like a hawk or they'll mount up. Scary thread--- Pat2
Happy Sales To You!.....Until We Sell Again!
Message 72 of 226
latest reply

awesome, thanks so much 4 your post. i cudnt figure out how to get rid of those annoying fees :).
Message 73 of 226
latest reply

Glad we were able to help!
Message 74 of 226
latest reply

flaman1
Enthusiast
Just to add a little twist to this situation. I received the eBay Recurring Seller fees e-mail this morning. I was a little baffled because my eBay fees usually go to my credit card. Turns out, my credit card information had expired. eBay must have automatically setup the connection to my Paypal account because of this. I have updated my credit card info and canceled the subscription in Paypal. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. I think the word "Recurring" in the subject of the e-mail is a little misleading. The charge to my account was legit, a listing fee, and I would not expect it to "Recurr" once paid.

Anyway, just my experience.
Message 75 of 226
latest reply