cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I just got an email that the subject was "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" from paypal.

Now, I'm not selling anything now nor do I plan to, but it says "Recurring". Does that mean eBay is going to charge me seller fee's every month no matter what now?
Message 1 of 226
latest reply
225 REPLIES 225

Re: eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I haven,t sold anything since July . Just got my invoice for Aug,15-Sept,15.Ebay chargred me $4 on my invoice. What they charge for viewing listings now.
Message 196 of 226
latest reply

@snugbugz64 

If you want to see a break down of where fees are coming from go to

1. myeBay
  2. account
  3. seller account
  4. fees
  5. then use the monthly break down on the top right area.
How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 197 of 226
latest reply

wow ok thank you guys for clearing this up .... This just happened to me today I canceled it through paypal . I called E bay the lady tried to lie and say it was cus I posted 2 items, she said they were the fees but I told her the items where the same i just repposted it for cheaper but I never sold them I ended up not selling them on E bay and sold the item to a friend. Now the item was a xbox with games for $100 and the first post I had a fake buyer who just made a profile try to rip me off.... He ended up not paying me so I never shipped ok so I lower price to $85 someone buys I print shipping label  I made a mistake on label so had to make another . I let the buyer know and he said forget it so i refund him the $ and just sold the xbox to a friend . She said the charge in oct 2 for 10$ was for the first xbox post and thhe charge in oct 30 was for the second xbox??? I said even though they did not sell she said you have to notify ebay??? I said what is this Ebay seller fee for 10$ in my My pre approved payments in Paypal its blank where it says Expires also so they were going to keep billing me if I did not cancel and she said no its just for those 2 items ....

Message 198 of 226
latest reply

Just so you guys know I did get my money back lol only $20 I cought them early they only billed me 2 times oct 2 and oct 30 got a email from paypal saying I gave e bay $10 for ebay seller fees .... I did think they could be from selling the item like the lady said on the phone cus they both did sell but never went through cus one was a fake buyer and the other I refunded but the first item (xbox) was for $100 and the second item (same xbox) for $85 and if they take a % than charging me a even $10 would not add up... Plus the ebay seller fee in my paypals preapproved payments with the blank experation date..... Scary thing is when I went to go cancel it i see this Billing limit for 300,000,00 yeah ok no lol....

Message 199 of 226
latest reply

oh yes you do it happend to me and im still after explaining to ebay

being charged

Message 200 of 226
latest reply

@kenwired247 wrote:

oh yes you do it happend to me and im still after explaining to ebay

being charged

@kenwired247

This thread is from 2014.

Do you have a question? 

Many things have changed since then.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 201 of 226
latest reply

how about a month ago I signed up for how about a month ago I signed up for PayPal and eBay and I just happen to link all three to my bank account and I tried to sell my phone and some plumbing parts on eBay and I was contacted by 2 different scammers trying to scam me so me being me I messed with them for about 3 or 4 days email them back and forth keep getting her hopes up and wasting their time and tell him whatever they wanted to hear and all the sudden I got a bill from eBay the same they're going to take out $53 and some cents and then they took it out of my bank account. And it put me in the negative so they made me negative hundred dollars for no reason at all the only thing that I ever did was list two things and they never sold so I don't know what kind of retards they have over there if they're the same ones that work at Google or Facebook or what but

Message 202 of 226
latest reply

*snip*

"And it put me in the negative so they made me negative hundred dollars for no reason at all the only thing that I ever did was list two things and they never sold so I don't know what kind of retards they have over there if they're the same ones that work at Google or Facebook or what but"

@quefuslives_0  Evidently, what you didn't do, was file and Unpaid Item Dispute (UPI) when the buyer didn't pay.  You have 32 days from the date of the sale to file a UPI and if the buyer doesn't pay in the specified time frame set by the seller, you will receive a Final Value Fee (FVF) credit.

eBay has no way of knowing if the buyer has paid or not and collects their fees at the time of the sale, so it is up the the seller to file the UID in a timely manner if they haven't received payment.

New or low volume sellers are targets for scammers in the electronics category, which you found out. You are one day pass the time frame to open a UID ~ give eBay CS a call and see if they will give you the FVF credit as a courtesy ~ let them know that you are a new seller and didn't know about the UID, however, if you should decide to continue selling on eBay, you should know the rules before you list.

Message 203 of 226
latest reply

How can I file something against a ghost. I have never bought or sold anything on ebay. I listed two things that didnt sell. I still have both things that were listed in my possession. I never recieved money or paid money to anyone for material or services. No money was ever exchanged. That help?

Message 204 of 226
latest reply

ALso, it was an obvious scammer. I could tell from the first message. So I continued to **bleep** with him and lead him on to waste some of his time. I still have all the emails. I was actually playing to scammer at the same time. I reported both them to paypal and ebay.

Message 205 of 226
latest reply

@quefuslives_0  According to your "completed sales", you sold a phone at auction at the beginning bid of $300.00 to the first and only bidder on 4/25/17.

I am assuming that this is the buyer that you strung along, correct?  eBay considers a listing that ends with a bid for the anount at or above the listed price as "sold"  ~ even if the item hasn't been paid for, so you actually did "sell" something, you just didn't get paid for it.

All sellers must pay the final value fees to eBay on "sold" items.  It is the responsibility of the seller to open an unpaid item dispute in the resolution center if they don't get paid.  Once the UID is closed in favor of the seller (because the buyer never paid), then the FVFs will be credited to your account.  If you had done this, you would not owe eBay anything.  As I mentioned upthread, call CS and see if they will give you a courtesy refund of the FVFs because you are new and didn't know about the UID. It may not work, but it is worth a shot.  To learn more about how a UID works, read the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 206 of 226
latest reply

I guess I guess I cancelled the transaction or something so they're going to give me my final something back and they overdrafted my bank account in the process so they probably should give me my $40 back on top of that.  they're not going to credit my PayPal or anything are they?

Message 207 of 226
latest reply

I have a question. So I called them and they said they're going to credit it back to me does that mean that they're going to credit it back the way they took it out through my bank? Because I already unlinked my routing number so they can't go through my bank again and I don't want them to give it to PayPal because I'll never get it back can I call him and have him set up my debit card or something and have them put it on that I know they're not going to go out of their way to satisfy me but things changed because I don't want anything to do with eBay or PayPal anymore because of this so I change stuff and now they have no way to credit it back to me unless they do it to my Paypal account which I will never get out of. What can I do to get around all this **bleep** because I'm guessing it's going to take me about 3 months to get my money back? Should I relink my bank account to that for now and do I have to close the case myself or they won't pay me?

Message 208 of 226
latest reply

Can anyone tell me how to stop the reaccuring $4.50 per month automatic withdraw from my PayPal account 

Message 209 of 226
latest reply

What does it say the fee is for?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 210 of 226
latest reply