cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ching ching is missing from Phone

Ok I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I use to hear alerts on my cell phone when an item sold. Now I receive nothing. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

I know that some are thinking its because there are no sells on ebay but that not it for me I'm selling a few items to know that its not working.  

I hope that I can start receiving them again.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Cha-Ching APP?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 16 of 94
latest reply

No, just a feature of the eBay app for android and iPhone. It "cha chings" each time something sells. It's fun alert if you keep your device at hand.

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it's stupid.
Message 17 of 94
latest reply

Haha, I recently got a smart phone and installed the ebay app.

I'd rather the cha-ching sounded when they PAID.

Message 18 of 94
latest reply

@kansas_gal06 wrote:

Haha, I recently got a smart phone and installed the ebay app.

I'd rather the cha-ching sounded when they PAID.

rolling on floor.gif Kansas - best idea EVER - Contact PayPal and tell them about YOUR idea for an app - make sure you get royalties!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 19 of 94
latest reply

If you go into eBay and then go into edit settings and make sure your seller ring tone is site to default, you will have the cash register cha ching sound. Easy fix!!
Message 20 of 94
latest reply

Set to default not site, gotta love auto correct
Message 21 of 94
latest reply

I have iphone 5 And loved that I got a cha ching when item sold but no longer get? any suggestions would be great
Message 22 of 94
latest reply

Iphone 5 eBay mobile "cha ching" reset..

1) Delete App
2) Reinstall app
3) Go to iphone settings
4) Choose notification center
5) Scroll down to eBay & select options..

Next go into app....choose
1) Settings
2) Notifications
3) Turn on desired options

If you are having an issue with the recent 3.3 version app....let me know & I can teach you how to revert back to the old app 3.0 version.

Any of your iphone apps for that matter...sometimes the updates are actually "downgrades"...but there is usually a hidden version of the prior version still in your itunes.

Message 23 of 94
latest reply

I still can not get my sounds back...I did what you suggested...sigh...Dave
Message 24 of 94
latest reply

Hey, Dave ~ sorry about that, but from what I am reading, you may be the only seller to benefit from hearing the "ching ching" sound, as sales are so slow.

A friend of mine had the same problem ~ took it into an Apple store, and they fixed it right up!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 25 of 94
latest reply

I might have it resolved...
Message 26 of 94
latest reply

I came across this forum looking for an answer to the same problem as many of you. I lost my Cha Ching around a week ago and no one in Ebay can help me get it back. Whenever I got a sale I use to get notified on my Iphone and Ipad, with the cha ching sound, and shortly after that I would get another sound telling me that the buyer has paid. I no longer get either sound. I checked my settings and everything is on. Has anyone had the same problem and was able to fix the problem? If so I would really appreciate any suggestions. Ebay customer service is not familiar with the Cha Chings, and when I asked to talk to technical support I was told that there wasn't such a dept? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 27 of 94
latest reply

LMAO!

If that wasn't meant to be funny, my apologizes.

If serious. Turn your phone and pad off and on.
You may need to update the ebay app.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 28 of 94
latest reply

The sales rep in the Apple store figured out the problem. You have to be signed into the email address where you want the ebay alerts to go to. If your not you wouldn't get the Cha Chings. It worked, a very simple solution to the problem.

Message 29 of 94
latest reply

does

it work on ipad?

Message 30 of 94
latest reply