eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Part-time eBay Sellers

This widget could not be displayed.

eBay Employee
|
|

Join us to chat about policies with the PayPal team.  For more information, you can visit this link.

We'll open the discussion shortly before 4pm ET/1pm PT on Wednesday and will be around for the full hour. See you then.

eBay Chat Guidelines:

Based on feedback we received from the eBay Community regarding the format of chats, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines when participating: 

1. Your posted question must be directly related to this week's chat topic.  We’ll move any off topic posts to the appropriate area in the Discussion Boards.

2. Only ONE question per post.  This will help us from missing a question so we can get an answer to all of your questions.

3. We carefully track each post and assign each one to someone on the team.  If post volume is high, it can take time to answer your question. So please, do not repost your previous post. Reposts of your original post or of another member’s post will be deleted to avoid confusion. 

4. Any posts that violate our Community Policies will be deleted.

5. When replyiing to another post, kindly use the "Quote" button.  This copies the text to which you are responding into your reply and helps others track which post is receiving a response. 

Part-time eBay Sellers discussion

In my info it states I made $25,071.00 in the last quarter. Really? ewd     Where and why are they hiding it?

dfws          ds

frtgre

This widget could not be displayed.

As I understand it, EB gets a cut on the shipping fee; right?  It gets a cut if I ship from the EBAY site; right?  But if I go direct to Paypal, that bypasses the FV shipping fee; right?

I notice in my statement a few final value shipping fees and kept wondering -- why?  And it seemed to be when I shipped from the EB site.

This guy: rickland2013 ( 35)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rickland2013&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2776

Asked for OVERNIGHT overnight shipping, I did it for him. And then asked if he had to sign for the package IN PERSON, I told him no.

Then right after delivery, he opened dispute with Paypal, and IMMEDIATELY escalated to a claim. NO COMMUNICATION before the case. The claim type is "Not as described", and the reason is only one simple sentence:"I just received the manuals not the phone."

I actually did check his feedback at a glance before shipping the phone, and it seemed he had 35 feedback, 100% positive, and should be a normal ebayer. However, when I checked closer now, I found two things:

1. Five out of six of the feedback he left for others are negative! 83.3% negative for other ebayers! The only seller who received his positive is highly suspected as his alternative account.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rickland2013&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

2. The 35 "positive" actually included a lot with NEGATIVE CONTENTS. Sellers had no right to leave buyers negative feedback, and the only way to warn other sellers is to leave a "+". The contents read like this:"Asked for express shipping, and didn't pay difference and"; "A fake and he tried to fraud me and cursed me out"; "Bad customer"; "Did not pay", etc. Had these been shown as a negative review I would not have shipped my phone! Isn't it very unfair that sellers can only leave buyers positive feedback? I believe there are more sellers who also had issues with this evil guy, but some of them did not even leave a feedback because they were not willing to give him a "POSITIVE"!

Also, I have to say this guy is well practised to do this. He deliberately waited for 6 months after he did the last one with seller daebro , and before he attacked daebro  he waited for 6 months after the case against seller jbeasly1214 . He does this every 6 months just to wait for the history to fade out!

Whoever had similar experience with this guy, please reply and tell your story here. And those who had experience with other evil buyers like this, you are welcome to share your fighting experience here. All will be greatly appreciated!

New message in my personal email this morning:

eBay Community: This week, eBay Inc. announced it will create two independent public companies — eBay and PayPal — in the second half of 2015. This will ensure each business is best able to serve its customers' needs and thrive well into the future. You can read more about it here at http://www.ebayinc.com/ The creation of independent eBay and PayPal businesses will take up to 12 months to complete so this has no immediate impact on your account. Likewise, you can continue to count on everything you expect from eBay today. Innovation, value, trust, selection, and global reach will remain central to our business. And we will continue to work closely with PayPal to ensure payments remain a seamless part of the eBay experience. As an active customer, you help make eBay what it is. eBay has always been more than a store. It is a community of people — buyers and sellers — connecting around the world. Thank you for being part of this amazing community. As we begin this next chapter of the eBay story, you have our commitment to make sure people like you remain at the heart of everything we do. We are excited by the opportunity ahead and look forward to working with you in the future. Best regards, Christopher Payne SVP, eBay Marketplaces

Wondering how this will play out for the sellers because we know ebay tries to stick it to us every chance they get.

i have some items i want to cancel transaction but it showing

Case Information Unavailable           The information you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.    

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 354 15515
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 2
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 120 319
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 16 551
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 15
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 354 15515
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 45 253
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 217 658
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4