eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Part-time eBay Sellers

Can anyone identify this artist of this water color painting? it is Japanese. Also the little dog on the lower right may be something the artist always adds.

Part-time eBay Sellers discussion

Oct 17, 2014 4:43:12 PM PT

Find artist by looking at painting

On ebay's Buy-It-Now option, you click on it, and from that moment on, you are committed to that item..  You can't find out if the seller accepts PAD until you click on that BIN button.  If the seller DOESN'T accept PAD as a payment option, then doesn't that cause a problem?  If you don't have money in the bank, will it not go to echeck automatically?  Is there a way to remove echeck option in yoru paypal account? 

Oct 18, 2014 3:24:25 AM PT

Isn't this Pay After Delivery thing a scam?

All my listings are enrolled in the global shipping program. I have a potential customer from Australia who wants to buy one of my vintage clothes. She's requesting me if she could order outside the global shipping (according to her, it's so expensive). I came back to her with a shipping price I got from ebay's postage calculator thing. But she said she can't order it because it's defaulting to Global Shipping. What would be the right thing to do in this case? I welcome any suggestions you may have regarding shipping international outside GSP. I've sold many items through GSP, and never had problems. It actually works for me. But in cases like customer request outside the program, how do I handle this. Thanks!

Well -- I'll tell you.

eBay CS says that this is "Impossible" .... and it should be ... but we all know how clean and elegant eBay's coding is <snort>

A "buyer" puts a bid on a Baccarat wine glass that states 3 times in the listing "Chipped" ... with clear photos of the chips.

$13.50 for Baccarat .... fix it or display it ...

The auction ends Sunday night

Wednesday Afternoon ... the questions start ... Is this glass chipped?? How bad is it chipped?? And ... "Send me a picture"

I refer her back to the listing for the Condition, the Description and the pictures.

Next message is "Do you have a different one in exchange?"

Well ... not for $13.50, I don't .... I don't actually say that ... "No, I'm sorry, I only have this one"

Her reply

"I don't want this order if it chipped" ....

OOOOOKKKKK ... instead of opening UPI ... I do the "nice" thing and send a Cancel Request

10 minutes later, she agrees, and I get the "You have successfully cancelled this sale"

She gets BBL'ed and I'm done

or am I?

Today --- the Auto-UPI opens on her ...... aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

The solution from CS?  "Leave it open for 30 days so it won't record the strike on your buyer"

Ummmm--if she pays, then what?

"Then just refund her money"

Ummmm--NO

an hour and a half on the phone with CS later .... there's nothing they can do .... and nothing I can do.

Oct 17, 2014 1:02:33 PM PT

When is a Cancel not a Cancel??

What can I do to rectify this. Who can  can fix this. I know for a fact this is an<Authe tic item                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

I ordered a Canon t3i and an sd card for it. Both of them were in my cart and I ordered it. When I recieved a confirmation email about 5 minutes later, it hat the full total price of $521 but only showed the sd card as if i only bought that, but that total was still shown as the $500. Is this normal? Do I have to wait for a confirmation from BOTH sellers? I also checked my PayPal account in which i payed the order with and it only shows -$6.00 that I payed for the sd card. What is going on?

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 362 15734
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 6
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 362 15734
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 67 1262
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 13
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0