eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Part-time eBay Sellers

This widget could not be displayed.

Ummmm ~ Riddle me this, Batman (:smileyvery-happy:) ~ I check in on the group to see if perchance, we have any activity (nope:smileysad:), and I notice the little cart at the top right side of the page now has a bright orange 2 ~ so I click on the bright orange 2, and this is what I see:

cart 2.PNG

ebay cart.PNG

Ummmm ~ not mine ~ eBay's got some 'splainin' to do! 

Part-time eBay Sellers discussion

Oct 21, 2014 5:31:11 PM PT

My Cart Runneth Over!

Hi everyone, this week, the eBay Out of Stock Option team will join us to chat about how to manage out of stock items. For more information about Out of Stock Option, please visit  this link

eBay Chat Guidelines:

Based on feedback we received from the eBay Community regarding the format of chats, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines when participating: 

1. Your posted question must be directly related to this week's chat topic.  We’ll move any off topic posts to the appropriate area in the Discussion Boards.

2. Only ONE question per post.  This will help us from missing a question so we can get an answer to all of your questions.

3. We carefully track each post and assign each one to someone on the team.  If post volume is high, it can take time to answer your question. So please, do not repost your previous post. Reposts of your original post or of another member’s post will be deleted to avoid confusion.
4. Any posts that violate our Community Policies will be deleted.

5. When replyiing to another post, kindly use the "Quote" button.  This copies the text to which you are responding into your reply and helps others track which post is receiving a response.

This widget could not be displayed.
I just sold something, and it turns out it was an international sale. I completely forgot I opted in to the global shipping program. Otherwise I never intended to ship anywhere but domestic. But now my buyer keeps asking for an invoice with the price plus shipping. eBay won't let me send an invoice. Also, I am confused as to whether I charge shipping just to the processing center (which is somewhere in Kentucky but can't find anything more that that), or do I charge anything more than the selling price of the item, and do they pay eBay for the international shipping? The buyer is in Italy. The item sold was an iPhone. It sold for 91.00. Somewhere the sold item shows a shipping fee of $22.09. I wish I hadn't opted for this. Then I might actually have my money by now. Please help!!!

Oct 22, 2014 9:24:49 AM PT

Global shipping frustration

This will be my first holiday season selling on ebay and can't find the answer to a question.

Buyer wants to gift an item and formally adds the recipient's gift address on eBay and select it at time of purchase.  However, the ebay gift recipient address does not match the Paypal address, which may be the buyer's address.

If I ship to the gift address on the ebay invoice -- am I covered by seller protection if the buyer files a claim through Paypal? It appears the answer is no.

Thanks,

-Vic

I don't like any site that asks me to sign up FIRST in order to see their stores.  I just happened to go to 11 Main to see how it's fairing and I can't get pass the "signup" screen.

Whoever designed this monstrosity will learn soon enough that that step is an annoyance.

At least EB and A*Z don't have that foolish step.

Oct 21, 2014 3:50:11 AM PT

11 Main Observation -- I don't like it

I'm beginning to sell more items now that I'm a stay at home mom and need the extra money. I haven't offered returns so far but I had an unhappy buyer recently wanting a refund stating item was fake. I had proof that it was indeed described correctly and fortunately she realized the item was legitimate and closed the request. She did apologize profusely. It got me to wondering though after ebay sent me the return request giving me the 3 options of refund, partial refund or whole refund and no return what good does a no returns policy do. I've read posts that some say it keeps buyers remorse buyers at bay but I wonder if I state no returns if it will cause me more trouble than not. I'm afraid that buyers with remorse will use the item not as described option to bully me into returning items because they believe that is their only option to get me to return an item. I always state no returns but to please contact me if there is a problem with any item as I am open to discussion of a problem but the buyer above didn't contact me directly. She went straight to ebay resolutions. Just wondering what the best way to do this is. I've sold mostly children's clothing, some jewelry, some electronics and video games. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oct 24, 2014 12:49:58 AM PT

Should I offer returns?

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 366 15795
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a popular topic with new unread messages
44 228
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 366 15795
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 5 13