• Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
hidy-hoo
Community Member

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

in reply to komokwa

Nobody does it better!

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

dONT tOuCH my BonE !!!!!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!!!!!!

SK

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

like a dog with a bone.......

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to zenstudio

try sending them a private message......

expecting an answer here from a 6 month old post..from a member who only posted one time  .is....well....................

It's never gonna happen !

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to maindames

may i know what online store do you sell now? thanks

maindames wrote:

eBay was once a great site for individual entrepreneurs to become financially stable and earn a living in this awful economy, and at the same time provide a buyer somewhere to shop for some of the best deals on unique hard to find items or anything they could think of.

Now If you look closely smaller or non corporate online stores/shops/individuals are getting snuffed out by the thousands everyday, while huge corporations are now taking over like walmart, autozone, gnc, bed bath & beyond, radio shack, best buy, etc... 

The Chinese are not exactly safe from these indefinite selling restrictions either as ebay is booting them off just as fast, but there is so many more of them that you'll still see a few here and few there for the next year. 

eBay led the public to believe that this was a dream place to build a career. Only now it's ruined many lives by stripping away financial income from families that have been indefinitely restricted after being loyal to this famous auction site, which has turned into a viscous monster circle of Internet internal fraud activity with conflicts of interest, and anti trust with owning Paypal. Let's not forget the fee's that have become outrageous. 

Let's face it, with NO SELLER, there is NO BUYER, and with that said NO BUSINESS. Many of the best sellers have already moved to other areas online. Bon anza, Web store, Est y, Am a zon, etc..   

eBay sadly is cutting their own nose off, and they won't see the negative impact they bestowed on themselves for a little while yet.

It's inevitable that this is the beginning of the end for the growing unpopularity of ebay, but on the bright side will be a huge gain for other online  selling sites without all the B.S. 

I've personally made the move to some other sites and honestly have made way more sales and doing amazingly better than I ever did on eBay. So thank you Feebay for indefinitely restricting my family's accounts as my business is now booming better than ever without your encouragement of buyers scamming sellers like us and ripping us off with your crazy fee's. ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Please use plain text.
rktoyandhobby
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nateowens1

I have heard all of this almost since I found eBay nearly two decades ago. What I don't get is why WS has languished with their clean layout  and full featured setup. But, surprise, brand recognition triumphs over absolutely everything else.

Please use plain text.
bunni2
Community Member

in reply to siegtrmpt

It's too bad but it makes sense for them NOT to cater to the needs of sellers like me. Ebay always been nothing but a part-time hobby for me and back in the day, it was perfect for selling my way.

I like buying and selling vintage and Ebay used to be the perfect venue to sell from...not so much anymore.Like a yardsale, people want your stuff for nothing.It just doesn't pay most of the time to go through the steps to list not to sell or just to make a few bucks  on it.

I'm not complaining...as they say, it' is what it is now

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to gbartlett1_2013

u just responded to a post from May 2011........

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to the_lurker
NEVER
Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to nateowens1

What is Happening to Ebay??

It has gotten old and moldy and stale. 

old and moldy and stale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

bronx-dog wrote:

nateowens wrote on April 21, 2013:

ebay is done

they will be gone by this time next year

See ya next year... :^O

Well, the year has passed.

Guess what??? We're still here.

See ya in another year.

photo z110525944.png
Please use plain text.
maindames
Community Member

in reply to nateowens1

eBay was once a great site for individual entrepreneurs to become financially stable and earn a living in this awful economy, and at the same time provide a buyer somewhere to shop for some of the best deals on unique hard to find items or anything they could think of.

Now If you look closely smaller or non corporate online stores/shops/individuals are getting snuffed out by the thousands everyday, while huge corporations are now taking over like walmart, autozone, gnc, bed bath & beyond, radio shack, best buy, etc... 

The Chinese are not exactly safe from these indefinite selling restrictions either as ebay is booting them off just as fast, but there is so many more of them that you'll still see a few here and few there for the next year. 

eBay led the public to believe that this was a dream place to build a career. Only now it's ruined many lives by stripping away financial income from families that have been indefinitely restricted after being loyal to this famous auction site, which has turned into a viscous monster circle of Internet internal fraud activity with conflicts of interest, and anti trust with owning Paypal. Let's not forget the fee's that have become outrageous. 

Let's face it, with NO SELLER, there is NO BUYER, and with that said NO BUSINESS. Many of the best sellers have already moved to other areas online. Bon anza, Web store, Est y, Am a zon, etc..   

eBay sadly is cutting their own nose off, and they won't see the negative impact they bestowed on themselves for a little while yet.

It's inevitable that this is the beginning of the end for the growing unpopularity of ebay, but on the bright side will be a huge gain for other online  selling sites without all the B.S. 

I've personally made the move to some other sites and honestly have made way more sales and doing amazingly better than I ever did on eBay. So thank you Feebay for indefinitely restricting my family's accounts as my business is now booming better than ever without your encouragement of buyers scamming sellers like us and ripping us off with your crazy fee's. ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Please use plain text.
rusty1234russell
Community Member

in reply to bronzbax

Thats why other venues will eventually grow,its inevitable.Sellers are being purged at an alarming rate bc ebay doesnt need them.ebay is looking at the business end  of it meaning their shareholders.Big companies are the driving force (CHINA) behind their machine.They will tolerate us but the noose is short and our exposure is limited

Please use plain text.
bronzbax
Community Member

in reply to siegtrmpt

I agree, even if it IS USED or ANTIQUE merchandise, eBay would rather be working with a large dealer than an individual. An individual can pretty much just quit selling or take a holiday whenever they want, a dealer is going to be a steady customer they can count on to continue selling, and probably less legal issues with the large dealer, too.

As a small seller I feel they are putting the screws to me, and if I go under then my merchandise will likely show up at a large dealers shop who eBay will get a lot more revenue from on a larger volume basis.IMHO.

Please use plain text.
slappy2014
Community Member

in reply to rusty1234russell

I can not count the times I have heard someone talk about other sites and how they could be so good if they could get more people interested.  The truth being there is not enough commerce for them to really function with ebay alive,so all these other sites will flicker out or be below sub par with no reach in an ebay atmosphere.

Please use plain text.
rusty1234russell
Community Member

in reply to jarneckestreetart

if we could spread the word about web high store like the gospel there is no doubt it could get bigger.Problem is alot dont know about it esp. buyers.And thats a shame bc it could be so good.

Please use plain text.
slappy2014
Community Member

in reply to tech.know.redneck

I agree.  I like ebay myself an believe it is the best option.  Every company has issues and ebay is one of those but we have to continue on.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to datkins2012-2012

There is a site that is rated, by some online reviewers, as #2 to ebay.  I found it with a web search.  It is web, and then store and then put a dot with a com at the end of it.

Listing is free, stores are free.  Final value fees...I am not sure yet.

It seems little known but who knew about ebay when it first started.  People are just going to have to word of mouth advertise for other options and then go!

I try not to keep all of my eggs in one basket.

Please use plain text.
musicforthesouls
Community Member

in reply to artie-chicago
Just enjoy all the changes and pitfalls.
Please use plain text.
musicforthesouls
Community Member

in reply to tech.know.redneck
Because it hurts. We remember the old ebay and enjoyed the success we had.
This morning I was thinking how I'm a Powerseller and TRS with good sales before May. Now everything has changed and I got an email telling me how to improve my sales! I was fine! So, like many sellers, I pulled my auctions and stepping back. I found a site to sell on and will continue to search for more. I'm sick of trying to live with an axe over my head!!
Please use plain text.