cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

smt1493
Enthusiast

Hi, So my package has been at ISC for 15 days now, what is going on? All it has been saying for 2 weeks is the same thing. "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)."  It was coming from Malaysia.  Will I get my package? And does it update daily trackments?  Because it dosn't seem to be moving at all.

Thanks.

August 22, 2012, 10:07 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Registered Mail™

Message 31 of 521
latest reply

mines been sitting there too since the 30th and had no choice but to initiate a claim because when you call or email usps to find out anything they simply tell you to ask the seller to initiate an investigation to find out what the hold up is. What i want to know is seeing i'm the one who damn paid for the thing, how come I can't get the information about my item?? Doesn't make a bit of sense; and hate to give this poor guy any trouble, as just like others have said, seems hes not the one who did anything wrong and supposedly the only information they gave him when he tried contacting them is that I should be getting it some time soon.?? nice answer, huh!??

usps is getting pretty bad they couldn't even update an item that was sold last month and shipped with signature confirmation, as i'm only hopeful that the person receiving it has gotten it since they hadn't opened up a case or anything on me, but could of resulted bad for me either way you look at it.

Message 32 of 521
latest reply

joeshead
Enthusiast

I'll just offer some of my experience, and the attitude I take to international shipments. In 2008, I ordered a large, heavy 3-vol dictionary from The Netherlands, directly from the bookstore.

Four weeks later, I was still waiting, and the tracking information said it was stuck in Amsterdam. Well, it didn't really say that. It's just that the last report was from Amsterdam. So, I talked to the seller, and the seller went to the Dutch post office, and they said it had been sent.

As I remember, a few days later, it showed up in (probably an ISC) in New Jersey. That is, an entry in the tracking system appeared from a New Jersey facility 4 weeks after the last one (from Amsterdam). Once there, it made it to Austin, TX within a week (i.e., normal time).

My interpretation (guess) is that it was sent from Amsterdam within a few days direct to the New Jersey facility, where it sat on a pallet for 4 weeks before they began processing it. I imagine that if you could see how many staff they have, and their load, you'd see why.

So, my attitude is: Don't be surprised if it takes 5 weeks.

Also, I'm prejudiced towards sellers who say that they are shipping from inside the US, even if it is a Hong Kong seller.

PS: But do pay attention to how long you have to file a claim.

Message 33 of 521
latest reply

dcav12
Enthusiast
Hi id like to know what haPpened with ur package?
Message 34 of 521
latest reply

dcav12
Enthusiast
Hi did u receive ur item after waiting for such a long time?
Message 35 of 521
latest reply

dcav12
Enthusiast
Did u get ur package after all?
Message 36 of 521
latest reply

License to steal:

http://www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-04-02-E9-7373

"The UPU agreement does not require handtohand processing. Inbound international Registered Mail, therefore, will no longer be handled in the domestic Registered Mail system."

Message 37 of 521
latest reply

carl98513
Enthusiast
Just a few answers for several after reading posts.

1. There is no ISC  in New Jersey. 
2. Every person or item must go through Customs when entering The USA from another country.
3. USPS International tracking with EMS (International Registered Mail) can show at ISC for a week easily, and the next day your doorbell is ringing with your mail item.
4. They use to and may occasionally now on tracking say.....entered ISC, then the next update was cleared ( has been processed through ISC) . It seems has been processed now means it has entered ISC, as that is the first scan by the USA. Because after it has been processed through ISC, it will arrive in about 2-3 days (Postal Day)
5. There is no overnight international mail, it has to go through Customs and no one is going to walk it through for you.
6. There are only a few ISC USPS sorting facilities. New York is by far the busiest and most likely to be routed through.
6.The speed of your mail getting through fast @ ISC USPS is just luck. It can be 2-3 days, or 10+ days. 
7. REMEMBER ...HAS BEEN PROCESSED THROUGH  ISC USPS NY... IS NOW A FALSE STATEMENT. The mail is coming in will always show the first USA scan that is tracked as entering the USA Customs, not after it has got through Customs.
8. USPS is cutting jobs and facilities and maybe eliminate Saturdays, all adds up to slow mail. That's a future problem.
9. If it's cleared Customs, it's just 2...3 at most Postal Days away and have to sign for.
Message 38 of 521
latest reply

International mail goes through the Sort Facility before it goes into customs. My shipment from the UK has been stuck at the NY sort facility since Sept 13. I did call a customer service number on the USPS website and got an email stating that it's in customs and they have no idea how long that may take. However, I've never had a package when the tracking didn't show it had entered customs. I think it's lost. Have never had this problem before. I'm hoping it will magically appear at my home but not holding my breath. My shipper, who checked and was given the same story, is giving me a refund which I've promised to return on the off chance that the package does show up.

Message 39 of 521
latest reply

It doesn't really matter which shipper you use. I had a package shipped by UPS from china disappear into an custom center in CA. It have 3 scans in there, then nothing. Amex gave me a credit on the non-delivery, but you need to initiate that within 90 days.

Even after that, I checked the package, the tracking number stayed active for a year, until UPS just purged it.

On the buyer side you can google for the ICE watchlist. If a seller in on the watch list it can mean anything from long delays or at worst they can be under an impound all flag (which is what likely happened to my purchase).

I have heard claims that if you do get a package seized by customs that they may also flag your address. I am testing that now, as the item that went AWOL was a high power laser, and I now have another one in transit from a different company in China.

Message 40 of 521
latest reply

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

That's what the tracking on my item says. If it's already processed, why is nothing being done with it? The worst part is that I live in NYC. So wherever the hell this thing is, it's at least a 30 minute ride away from me. It's a vest for my Bane costume which I'm planning on wearing at Comic Con, WHICH IS TOMORROW. Is there any way I could get in contact with the people who are holding my vest so that I could at least physically pick it up from them? 

Message 41 of 521
latest reply

"Processed Through Sort Facility

Oct-06-12, 17:47 PM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)"

Made a booboo in my above post. This is what it says in my tracking information

Message 42 of 521
latest reply

I was expecting three packages from international sellers: 2 of them from eBay (Tokyo and Hong Kong) and the other just from an online store based in Taiwan. The 2 eBay packages have been sitting in the sort facility in NYC for the past week but the non-eBay one have already came. I'm glad I tumbled upon this forum thread as I was planning on doing more purchases and all of them were international sellers. The non-eBay package I received went through the Bells Garden, CA sort facility and was processed within a day. It doesn't say that it's a ISC. Hopefully I received my packages soon!

Message 43 of 521
latest reply

I just wanted to follow-up:

Package 1 was finally delivered after being in the NYC sort facility for 10 days. 

Package 2 was finally delivered after being in the NYC sort facility for 6 days.

In both cases, the USPS tracking information was not updated until they were delivered. So even though I checked on the day they were going to deliver, there were no information until I received it.

Message 44 of 521
latest reply

i'm confused about something there is more than one ISC in the US right? because right now my package is at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) but it doesn't make sense that the package would be in new york if it was shipped from hong kong and i live in California. why would it be all the way in new york; isn't there a ISC on the west coast?

Message 45 of 521
latest reply