eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

in reply to juzmoon

I was curious about what ISC NY meant; and with a quick google search, was lead here. I began to panic that my package was going to be hung up in ISC NY for a month++ like others were reporting. 

So today, upon reading this thread; I panicked, and got on the phone with USPS customer support, and while waiting for a rep to answer......... A knock on the door.. It was USPS, to deliver the item.. How ironic. 

Here's how my run-in with ISC turned out... 

THANKFULLY, it was not a month or so wait, this was a time sensitive item for a wedding in about a week!! 

1d53e27f5f1ae46dca7acfa8453636a5.png
Please use plain text.
flywelstore
Community Member

in reply to drs619

Nothing to worry about.

New York is it's Port of Entry.

Once processed through the ISC (International Sorting Center) and customs, your package should make it's way to Chicago.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kali-the-pup

if i live in chicag is there any reason my package coming from china post (bejing) should be going to new york instead of straight to chicago or is there something to worry about?????

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to cgwrrco*diningcar*dept-0elwein

nothing i like more than a well balanced package....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
cgwrrco*diningcar*dept-0elwein
Community Member

in reply to kali-the-pup

I have had to file 3 claims from 3 different German e bay sellers of just war photographs that I collect that have never reached me all processed through this New York Sort Facility. Seems items are never getting delivered to me and are either lost or stolen. This facility is real bad losing items and ore just keeping them. They have either kept my mail or have destroyed or lost it. This is illegal and I wish they would please deliver my mail. They are just terrible.

kali-the-pup wrote:

I have a package sitting there for over a week. I'm infuriated   

It's just working it's way through the system...

kali-the-pup wrote:

kali-the-pup wrote:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lamaravilla829

Well If your package says ISC New York this means...... Dress warm its gonna be a while and I mean a loooooooooooong WHILE

Date & TimeStatus of ItemLocation

May 30, 2014 , 11:07 am

Delivered

EAST MC KEESPORT, PA 15035 

Your item was delivered at 11:07 am on May 30, 2014 in EAST MC KEESPORT, PA 15035.

May 30, 2014 , 7:54 am

Out for Delivery

NORTH VERSAILLES, PA 15137 

May 30, 2014 , 7:44 am

Sorting Complete

May 30, 2014 , 7:17 am

Arrival at Unit

May 29, 2014 , 3:35 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility

BETHPAGE, NY 11714 

May 28, 2014 , 9:54 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

BETHPAGE, NY 11714 

May 4, 2014 , 11:48 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

April 28, 2014 , 11:49 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility

SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

April 28, 2014 , 4:12 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nkkromhof10

mine has been there since the 11th and is supposed to be delivered i font understand whats going on

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
I finally got the package yesterday. It took 29 days to reach me. If you're having trouble with a package stuck in ISC try to get the seller to get their post office to contact them. That may speed up the process.
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to elm_street_slasher
 photo congrats_2.gif
BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
It finally moved after 21 days! The seller had his post office inquire about the package so I'm sure that's what got it moving. The first time they inquired the USPS said it was there processing. So, Australia Post said that wasn't good enough and contacted USPS again to get more info on why the delay. It looks like that finally got it coming here!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

https://help.cbp.gov/app/forms/complaint

Contact your US Congressman if you are importing an item for personal use and share your complaint.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

[ Edited ]

elm_street_slasher wrote:
Oh, I know. The seller sent the day after I paid. He has been in contact with me. We have been discussing this ridiculous situation.

http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

I did find the above that may help understand the delay...

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Oh, I know. The seller sent the day after I paid. He has been in contact with me. We have been discussing this ridiculous situation.
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Part-4-Freddy-Krueger-Silicone-Mask-Sweater-and-Hat-/171272583835?ViewIt...

Oh my, $700 item & $60 S&H from AU, I'd be upset too! Hopefully you'll remember DSR's are not based on the carrier but the sellers timeframe to get item moving to you! Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
I've had a package sitting in ISC Chicago since March 25th. It's coming from Australia. This is unacceptable. There is no reason a package should be sitting there for 18 DAYS! The seller contacted his post office and they are supposed to contact ISC Chicago about it. It seems like this is the only way to get the ball rolling.
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to flakbait2

Welcome to The Part Timers Forum FlakBait, neat ID!

Bad Apple

Please use plain text.
flakbait2
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

ISC NEW YORK NY  is a sorting facility.  It is also a black hole into which my Registered mail from EU disappears.  Since about 2010, its been a problem.  When my mail goes missing, ISC NY is always the last recorded location.   Some person or persons working there are either extremely careless, dishonest, or both.

You can report problems with ISC NY here:

https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form

Maybe if enough people do, the issue will be corrected.  

Dave

Please use plain text.
yuliyacollins
Community Member

in reply to patcomp2004

If you ordered something from  China you should be prepare to wait for at least 45 days! It is horrible but it is as it is! I ordered a kids puzzle once, I even did not pay attention that it was coming from China. I waited for 45 days - at it came! I bought it on eBay and 45 days was what the seller actually told it would be... I read it after I bought it! Ops! But it came! Do not open a case - if you order from China - you should be prepared to wait!!!! I do not buy from China anymore and do not sell there as well - their postal system is horrible!!

Please use plain text.
cbreezyboost
Community Member

in reply to i94west

Because the USPS can't track a package once it leaves the United States. It is now in the hands of the other country.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dongix
This might be an old post but your link to http://www.trackitonline.ru/ helped me heaps ... Thank you
Please use plain text.