• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
hondamedic
Community Member

USPS Price Increases January 27, 2013

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_114.htm

Of course our cost is less than posted using eBay or PayPal shipping services.

So when you go to the PO for your holiday stamps buy some Forever staps & save a penny on each!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
martoutlet
Community Member

Re: USPS Price Increases January 27, 2013

in reply to hondamedic

So when you go to the PO for your holiday stamps buy some Forever stamps & save a penny on each!

BETTER STOCK UP NOW!!! :smileysurprised:

or you can buy them here and save more. ;-)

i'll cost me a nickle more for international letters. :smileyindifferent:

hope FC doesn't go up,that'll cost me more. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

A little more, in depth, document on the proposed price & service changes~~~> PRC Document

Parcel Post (page 7, item F): Is being renamed Standard Post and the price is going up 21%.

Priority Mail International (page 8, item B): Is going up 15.1% overall. DC will be available for certain Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Box offerings to select destinations.

First Class Mail International (page 9, item E): Is being renamed First Class Package International Service (FCPIS) and is going up 58.6%. DC will be available for FCPIS mailpieces meeting certain physical characteristics to select destinations.

I anticipate a sharp decline in international sales next year. I'm glad it's only about 10% of our business.

Price charts, for all the various services, start on page 14.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Good morning alwaysabargain4u and welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

Thank-you for the update!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
lmang20
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I agree that international shopping may come to a halt.   I sell about 5 or 6 items a month international.  That doesn't seem like a lot, but normally these are higher priced items (usually over $50).:-(

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Hey pocketchalker, welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

Got some Polish blood coursing through my veins, Lithuainian, Russian, Jewish and French too.

OK, ok... Heinz 57 varieties... So I'm an American!

Please use plain text.
giraffe_gift
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Thanks Honda-good information for sellers to know about

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Theodore Roosevelt
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Throw in a tracking number and it jumps again.

So maybe don't use tracking.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

So maybe don't use tracking.

Hahaaaa! AKA don't sell here if you can afford a profit margin :-)

Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Selling items that make you a profit is always a good idea.

Tracking all international sales is quite often a silly idea though. 

Pocketchalker sells lowish priced items (under $20 mostly) that appeal to a specific segment of the sports community so probably a reasonably honest group of buyers.  That's a similar market to mine although my stuff tends to run a little more expensive.  I don't use any sort of tracking since I have very few losses so it would be mostly throwing money away.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Newt...todays eBay is necessary to PROVE all items meet their destination. However if the OP was a TRS the only hope without using DC on all parcels is GSP (Global Shipping Program)...otherwise international sales are getting slimmer by the daily policy changes.

I have thrown money away to Australia & Canada...but as always, I can afford to lose it as the saying goes.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

hondametic,

Six months before the USPS announce that the postal rates are going to be raised, they brokered a deal with the company that sends you all the junk mail that you get. The USPS gave this company arate reduction some were between 20% to 50% of what they were paying the USPS.

So what I'm saying is that if they can give this company a big rate reduction why did they need to raise rates on the rest of the service that they provide.

The USPS needs to show the people the company books the really shows what they are making not the fake book that they show so that they say they need these rate increases.

Yes I'm saying that the USPS is crooked.

Please use plain text.
steersman
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

USPS needs more money so they can 'pre-fund' future retiree health benefits for people who haven't been born yet.

http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/financials/annual-reports/fy2010/ar2010_4_002.htm

'Unlike any other public or private entity.'

Please use plain text.
zoee1957
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

The one (1) ounce international rate for a package will be $6.55, my normal international order contains 20 items so is generally 3 ounces.  ebay will charge a FVF on the actual shipping amount divided by 20. 

With my calculations for a 3 ounce package to Norway I would need to charge the buyer $9.89 shipping to break even.  45% of my business is international so I guess thanks to USPS greed my business will be reduced by 45%.

Cass
Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

These are the new Rate charts.

http://www.prc.gov/Docs/85/85329/Notice%20CP2013-3.pdf

Has anyone figured out what are the new Parcel Post AKA "Standard Post" rates?  There are a lot of charts but none are labeled RETAIL Standard Post rates.  Is it the rate chart beginning on page 89?  Or is it one of the other charts?  ?:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Never mind I think I found the new Parcel Post rates on page 82.  They mis-filed and put under the caption of First Class packages.

But now I am not sure which chart is the Retail First Class parcel?  They have a First Class "Commercial Base" chart on page 81 but I do not see a Retail First Class chart.  Do you?

Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Newt...todays eBay is necessary to PROVE all items meet their destination.

That hasn't been my experience.  I ship FCI almost all of the time and in the rare case where a buyer says the package didn't arrive, I apologize, refund, and ask them to pay again when it arrives.

This happens in less than 1 of 100 packages and at least half the people I refund do pay when the package gets there.

If you look at my newer listings, you will notice that I don't have any exclusions.  Some of the older GTC listings do have excluded countries (Nigeria mostly but it occurred to me that I've never had a Nigerian buyer so I got rid of even that one)  and I've been too lazy to change them.

Newt
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I just noticed my last feedback from the 10th - for a package I sent to Australia via FCI on the 5th.  The item is actually listed on the OZ site and sales have been good & problem free.

Newt
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Is anyone else having problems with international buyers saying that they never received their package? I don't know what is happening here, but in the last 6 weeks, it has happened 6 times, and in my first 8 1/2 years selling online, it never happened once. Paypal instantly takes our money, even though I show a tracking number and proof of shipment. I am frustrated beyond belief!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

READ this!!!!!!!  i also noticed that shipping a 5oz shirt to canada went up from $3 to $7.70 (on ebay)

HOWEVER this is ONLY on Ebay...you can still ship a 5oz shirt through stamps.com for $2.85 and keep your shipping costs low for international buyers. Not sure why ebay is hiking up the fee if you want to print from their service!!!????

Please use plain text.