eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

hondamedic
Community Member

Re: USPS Price Increases January 27, 2013

in reply to hondamedic

I thought I posted this here but I guess not. From eBay announcements...

Parcel Post® will no longer be available for purchase through eBay Labels as of January 27. A replacement service akin to Parcel Post will be available via eBay Labels in March.

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

LOL - we got married Dec 2012 and the quality is still great but we'll both get more action from the fish.

We are taking a 5th wheel and aren't in a hurry so visiting family in south Florida is also on the agenda.  I have a grand daughter who graduates this Spring so no telling where she will go and this is a great time to see her.  One of my grown sons will be able to fish with us at least one day and we haven't managed that for at least 15 years.  Bobbi (my bride) also has family in the area including a couple of great grandchildren she's never seen so it should be fun.

I enjoy traveling when I can sleep in my own bed and eat in my own kitchen.  I lived in the RV with my late wife until she died in 2011 and we had our stock with us so no need to ever close the store.  Most of it is now in our house or one of the outbuildings so we decided to just close down for a while.  Bobbi operates her own upholstery business (cars, trucks, & boats)  from home so its simple enough to close that down for a while too.  Not sure she'll even open that up after we get back since we have a pretty good retirement income and can get plenty of "mad" money from selling stuff.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Please use plain text.
ibuy6262
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Newt - Remember, it's the quality, not the quantity;-).

I rescued my dog and he rescued me!!
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

"it looks like only Commercial Plus can only be used on packages from 3.5 to 15.999 oz"

Sorry - that came out wrong.  Commercial Plus is only available on packages from 3.5-15.999 ounces.  Normal FC and Commercial Base FC continue to start at 1 oz and end at 13 oz.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Domestic First Class limit is 13 ounces.

Yes & no.

From https://www.usps.com/business/first-class-package-service.htm

"First-Class Package Service 

For your business.

First-Class Package Service™, using Commercial Base™ or Commercial Plus™ pricing, is an option if you ship a high volume of lightweight packages. Whether you’re an online retailer looking for a cost-effective way to fulfill orders or a business that routinely ships packages that weigh up to a pound, First-Class Package Service may be just the solution your business is looking for.

Features

Multiple pickup options available. No surcharges for fuel or residential and rural delivery. Reaches every U.S. address, plus PO Box™ addresses, and most APO/FPO/DPO destinations.Packaging tracking using the Track & Confirm tool. Additional extra services available including Signature Confirmation™ and Hold For Pickup."

In practice and based on the price list you can download from that link, it looks like only Commercial Plus can only be used on packages from 3.5 to 15.999 oz and is the same cost no matter which weight in that band.  Commercial Base only goes up to 13 oz but is cheaper than Plus for any weight up to 13 oz.

Prior to this last rate hike, no FC qualified for the reduced commercial pricing so I know I'll need to do some work to figure out exactly how to make that happen because I know I paid above the base rates on the 1st class domestic I've mailed since the 27th.

In a word, there may be some bright spots for some of us from these changes but we'll need to do some research to sort things out.  I'm closing my store (well, putting it on holiday settings) until early March and hopefully there will be some solid info available when I get back from my honeymoon (the reason I'm shutting down - the Florida Keys are calling and my bride & I both love to fish - with both of us pushing 70, there's only so much romance we can manage so lots of time for fishing  :^O  ).

Newt
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

The Post Office is going to "Kill the Goose that laid the Golden Egg."  The extra money is probably going to be diverted to ObamaCare or some other useless government program.

My understanding is that USPS is supposed to be self-sustaining.  It hasn't been profitable for years, so I don't know how you think these fee adjustments are going to lead to some sort of windfall.

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Domestic First Class limit is 13 ounces.

Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

The one thing that is the most upsetting is that 1st Class International is restricted to 1lb.  Everything over that has to go Priority. 

Nope.  FCI remains available up to 4 pounds as always.

The domestic FC package max weight is 1 pound.

Newt
Please use plain text.
electrostation
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I was using USPS.com today to print International Shipping labels and saw that for every country it's showing that Tracking is available for every kind of "Priority Mail" except "Priority Gift Card Envelope".

I thought only the regular "Priority Mail" and Canada would have tracking for the "Priority Flat-Rate" packages.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

The Post Office is going to "Kill the Goose that laid the Golden Egg."  The extra money is probably going to be diverted to ObamaCare or some other useless government program.

Please use plain text.
kansas_gal06
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

..... They have a First Class "Commercial Base" chart on page 81 but I do not see a Retail First Class chart.  Do you?

It's here, you have to download it and open it in excel.

https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class.htm

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

This is the best Reference I have seen so far on the new rates and will take page prints of what I need.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I don't know where you got this info. I just called stamps.com.

I compared two destinations that I am about to ship to today U.K and Canada.

The prices Stamps.com representative gave me are exactly the same prices that I got

when shipping through eBay.

Another step in losing to Chinese sellers on eBay... X-(

Please use plain text.
lmang20
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I do not believe that ebay hikes up the usps prices.  I think you are not reading something correctly.

The one thing that is the most upsetting is that 1st Class International is restricted to 1lb.  Everything over that has to go Priority. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

READ this!!!!!!!  i also noticed that shipping a 5oz shirt to canada went up from $3 to $7.70 (on ebay)

HOWEVER this is ONLY on Ebay...you can still ship a 5oz shirt through stamps.com for $2.85 and keep your shipping costs low for international buyers. Not sure why ebay is hiking up the fee if you want to print from their service!!!????

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Is anyone else having problems with international buyers saying that they never received their package? I don't know what is happening here, but in the last 6 weeks, it has happened 6 times, and in my first 8 1/2 years selling online, it never happened once. Paypal instantly takes our money, even though I show a tracking number and proof of shipment. I am frustrated beyond belief!!!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I just noticed my last feedback from the 10th - for a package I sent to Australia via FCI on the 5th.  The item is actually listed on the OZ site and sales have been good & problem free.

Newt
Please use plain text.
janewt-1
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Newt...todays eBay is necessary to PROVE all items meet their destination.

That hasn't been my experience.  I ship FCI almost all of the time and in the rare case where a buyer says the package didn't arrive, I apologize, refund, and ask them to pay again when it arrives.

This happens in less than 1 of 100 packages and at least half the people I refund do pay when the package gets there.

If you look at my newer listings, you will notice that I don't have any exclusions.  Some of the older GTC listings do have excluded countries (Nigeria mostly but it occurred to me that I've never had a Nigerian buyer so I got rid of even that one)  and I've been too lazy to change them.

Newt
Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Never mind I think I found the new Parcel Post rates on page 82.  They mis-filed and put under the caption of First Class packages.

But now I am not sure which chart is the Retail First Class parcel?  They have a First Class "Commercial Base" chart on page 81 but I do not see a Retail First Class chart.  Do you?

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

These are the new Rate charts.

http://www.prc.gov/Docs/85/85329/Notice%20CP2013-3.pdf

Has anyone figured out what are the new Parcel Post AKA "Standard Post" rates?  There are a lot of charts but none are labeled RETAIL Standard Post rates.  Is it the rate chart beginning on page 89?  Or is it one of the other charts?  ?:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.