eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

hondamedic
Community Member

Re: USPS Parcel Select VS Parcel Post

in reply to bluemountainretailers

pennlocalauctions wrote:

Stamps.com IS free for ebay sellers. I've used them for years. Call on the phone if you're not finding the correct link.

stampsdotcomcorp wrote:

Hi ohrememberwhen,

Stamps.com has a free plan for eBay shippers.  Unlike our other plans, there are no monthly fees associated with this type of account; however, you will need a special link to sign up: http://www.stamps.com/ebayfree1/.  While the program is restricted to eBay orders, there is no subscription charge to use the service.  If you sell on eBay, you will not be charged the $15.99/month subscription fee.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Divya

Stamps.com

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
pennlocalauctions
Community Member

in reply to ohrememberwhen

Stamps.com IS free for ebay sellers. I've used them for years. Call on the phone if you're not finding the correct link.

Seize the Day!
Please use plain text.
bluemountainretailers
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

I have to say, I use USPS a lot, both Priority and First Class Package - I haven't had any troubles.  I live in an urban area, lots of POs to choose from, I know which ones are quick and which ones have lines - that makes a huge difference . . .

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
meekopla
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Thanks for the heads up!  I am watching the Postal Service happenings here in Pa. My normal mail carrier has again disappeared. We have a new delivery person again. I have watched the First Class packages shipments ~ how they are accepted at the central hub & how they are recorded. Not good. Normal first class mail is postmarked and takes 3 -4 days. No matter where it is shipped from. 

Many attitude changes. Long lines at PO or PO  CSR Rep is begging for more packages to process. It's a shame. hope you find your item !

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

I'm going on my third week of waiting for an item I bought on eBay shipped Parcel Select, and I am NOT impressed.  The seller and I are in the process of filing a claim, as it was insured.  The Post Office has no idea what has happened to it, it went off to the sorting site in Cornwall, PA, was put into a container, and fell into a BLACK HOLE there, I guess.  ALWAYS make sure you purchase insurance with any kind of "Parcel" via the Post Office.  I am going to request UPS or Fedex for all of my heavier items from now on, if they can't go Priority without breaking my wallet.  Ridiculous! 

Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Ok sooo......? If anybody knows when it's available on EBAY please post.

Please use plain text.
5933lynne
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Thank you bg.  I will go back sometime and ask again.  Hopefully at that point I will have a

rep who knows what is going on.  What is the deal with reps?  Here, there, everywhere.

Now if they had you training them... well,  there would be no mistakes.

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Read the last post on this thread, in which our friendly local stamps.com rep says you don't need a Store:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Packaging-Shipping/Endicia-Vs-Stamps/5100136358?#msg5101859309

The confusion probably stems from stamps.com using the term store in a much less formal way than eBay does when eBay is referring to your Store subscription. Apparently stamps.com uses "store" to just mean "selling stuff on eBay".

Please use plain text.
5933lynne
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Hi BG.  I hope you are right.. as tho you are ever wrong..  ... but as I was filling in the blanks

and it repeatedly said "store" which made me curious and I used their email form and asked

directly.  Do you need to have a store to receive discounts you give to EBay customers and

she said "yes".  I asked why and she said "that is how our software is set up.  If you only

have an account you will not receive any discounts and you will have to pay fees."

Hopefully someone who has more information because they actually use this site all the time, will clarify.  

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Stamps.com only gives a discount and charges no fees for those having an EBsy store.

I contacted them and they said it is because that is the way their software is set up.

You had some sort of miscommunication with the stamps.com rep. You do not have to have an eBay "Store" subscription in order to use stamps.com, including their free option just for eBay labels.

Please use plain text.
5933lynne
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Stamps.com only gives a discount and charges no fees for those having an EBsy store.

I contacted them and they said it is because that is the way their software is set up.

If someone else already mentioned this, sorry for the duplication.  

I got rid of my store last year so i guess I am out of luck.  

Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Does anybody know exactly what date the Parcel Select will be ready for us? I know it's sometime in March.....but when?

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

So glad to see that I am not the only one who was taken by surprise when the shipping changed, I lost money on a few than had to go in and manually change 100 listings, urgh why were we not told? What is all the confusion between USPS and eBay? Here is an idea... eBay doesn't care about their sellers, for any sellers that have been doing this for a while, we know that it has gotten worse for us year after year, they always come up with something else to take $$ out of our pockets and put it theirs, charging us on what we charge for shipping WHAAAAT, how are they even allowed to do that, guess its because we just let them. All they care about these days are the buyers, well eBay if there were no sellers, not rocket science, no sellers... no buyers then what??? Yes if there were another place to sell I would leave them in a heart beat!

Good evening Limber-Kimber and welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

Venting encouraged here, ranting to a point.

I posted this back on January 26th:

A heads up for all the sellers that print PP labels through eBay/PayPal... The replacement will not be available until March when you try to print postage.

eBay Announcement

Parcel Post® will no longer be available for purchase through eBay Labels as of January 27. A replacement service akin to Parcel Post will be available via eBay Labels in March.

Hang around, we'll keep you updated!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

So glad to see that I am not the only one who was taken by surprise when the shipping changed, I lost money on a few than had to go in and manually change 100 listings, urgh why were we not told? What is all the confusion between USPS and eBay? Here is an idea... eBay doesn't care about their sellers, for any sellers that have been doing this for a while, we know that it has gotten worse for us year after year, they always come up with something else to take $$ out of our pockets and put it theirs, charging us on what we charge for shipping WHAAAAT, how are they even allowed to do that, guess its because we just let them. All they care about these days are the buyers, well eBay if there were no sellers, not rocket science, no sellers... no buyers then what??? Yes if there were another place to sell I would leave them in a heart beat!

Please use plain text.
meekopla
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Their contract with USPS arrangements doesn't start until sometime in March. They are still making money on your advertised shipping cost. so they aren't loosing too much.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
Please use plain text.
katiestash
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

I found this out today, when a heavy package with a handwritten label cost almost $22.00 to mail at the post office. The Ebay calculator had it at about $15.00, which is closer to what the buyer paid. I don't have that many like that, so thought using another website to print labels wasn't necessary. Because the Ebay system has "Commercial Plus" rates from the USPS, the "Parcel Select" {commercial only} option will be correct when it is added in March-but is incorrect now. By not having "Standard Post" as a shipping option, which is the only economy shipping you can buy at the post office window, this problem will happen many times over. I don't see how "Standard Post" can be added quickly enough to the label system to help. Hopefully, the "Parcel Select" will be available soon!

Please use plain text.
meekopla
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Sorry equivalent to UPS ground. Not USPS. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
meekopla
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

The Parcel Post product was suppose to be ground transport, the equivalent of USPS ground. I don't think that it will ever be flown anywhere. What you are asking for is USPS Priority Product.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Does Parcel Select still take 4-6 weeks for deliveries between Hawaii and the mainland, like it did with Parcel Post?

Any word on if this is ever going to be improved?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to goodiecar

Hi hondamedic,

Please email your information (full name, phone number and email address) to social@stamps.com so we may further assist you.

Thanks!

Divya

Stamps.com

Please use plain text.