eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Re: Sure could use more free listings :)

in reply to kilnntime

Um you can have up to 5 ebay ids. Just need separate emails and then you get 250 listings. problems come up when u just sell 10 out of 150 really sucks. getting sick of ebay. lot of work no money. I dont  think i'm doing anything wrong cause stuff is selling. My house is full of unsold inventory.

Please use plain text.
yng1998
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

I sure could use more free listings too.  I've got over 150 items waiting to be relisted.  I tried to list and it was not free.  What I don't understand is if they run thier free relists why only a few get it for several days.  Why not invite everybody for one day.  I'd be happy with crumbs. 

Of coarse it could be a conspiracy.  I kept getting calls from ebay to talk to one of thier people in selling development.  I finally agreed just so they would leave me alone.  I discolsed that I was considering starting a store.  Now,  i'm sure they have used that information against me. 

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

I called ebay today to find out who was invited and it was silver and above top rated sellers. At least now we know, right?

LOL!  A classic case of a CS rep making stuff up just to get you off the phone.

I got invitations on 4 IDs, none of which is any sort of TRS; one isn't even registered as a seller. I don't even know what a "silver" TRS is. Several other members have mentioned that they didn't get invitations for their main selling ID but got one for a rarely-used one.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

I called ebay today to find out who was invited and it was silver and above top rated sellers.  At least now we know, right?

Please use plain text.
catacombing
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

HOORAY:^O

I'm listing for free too!  I still had some of the regular 50 freebies left and didn't want to waste any--but I relisted 3 items and the remainder of the 50 stays the same.   Still didn't get an official invitation.  I guess the R hand really isn't in sync with the L at Ebay.

Please use plain text.
kilnntime
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

Yay its letting me list free :smileyhappy:   for whatever reason I thought yesterday was the 18th so it didn't work, but just now I tried twice and it worked,  happiness happiness happiness :smileyhappy: woot woot. 

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

spin it any way you want B.B.F ;-), more free listings would benifit all sellers and buyers,,

How, specifically?

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

BBF, $1.50 is a lot when you sell cheap priced items. I try to sell mostly DVDs and the starting (and usually ending) price is $5.00. That is the Gross amount made; I Net about $2.25 per DVD.

Indeed that is also a consideration.  Save the fixed price listings for when you can get at least $10-15 on an item.

We list everything as fixed price.  However, the lowest-priced item of ours that you'll see on eBay is $7.99.  And those are items that we paid essentially $0 to acquire (they are typically part of a larger lot purchase).

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

Re: Sure could use more free listings:)

in reply to kilnntime

Well I was hoping that was the case but , NOPE , again I was not chosen to get the freebies :smileysad:   Oh well , thats life ,  I did try to list an item to see if it would be free or not and NOPE its not :smileysad:  so I don't know what the qualifier is but I will not be listing anymore unless they are free listings, just can not justify spending money when it seems like I have about a 10% sell thru rate here lately :smileysad:

KT, it didn't start until today,:-D

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

Doesn't hurt to try; tomorrow set up an auction and see what happens. If you have already used up your 50 free listings for the month (or if you have a Store) then you can just set up the eBay listing form and see if an insertion fee appears at the bottom without even launching the listing. If you still have some of your 50 left, you'd have to actually launch an auction-format listing, and see if your counter changes.

Thanks for that wonderful advice Boston (and the others who said the samething afterwords). I just checked something that I could relist and it is free without the official invite. :^O Now the relisting and new listings begin. I have a busy morning in front of me.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

I have said this before the other free listing promo's and I am going to say this again. Ebay's left hand does not know what it's right hand is doing just like the US government and other large Compnays and governments around the world. Before every one of these free listing things in the past or speical free listing invite. We did not get a email/invite from ebay. But every time the free listing started we were able to list for free. And those times like now I am telling everybody to do this, which is to do a test listing. Do a relsit or create a listing if it shows 0.00 fees charged to your account before You hit the list your item button then you can list for free. Which is what I always do now. And guess what I am not being charged even though ebay never sent me a invite email. SO PEOPLE I AM TELLING YOU TO DO THE SAME AND CHECK FOR YOURSELFS!

And today is my Birthday!

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/sep182012_ZIFAuction/

Who's eligible? Sellers who list Auction-style on September 18-22, 2012, will pay no Insertion Fees per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 50,000 listings in the Auction-style format. The Buy It Now option may also be added to these listings for free.

Your listings, up to 50,000 total during the Promotion Period, will be in addition to the 50 free Auction-style listings with free Buy It Now that you already get per month.

This Promotion is available by invitation only. If you qualify for participation, you will have received an email, and/or a message in My eBay. The Promotion is then activated with your eBay User ID. The Promotion is for you only and is not transferrable. When is it? This Promotion starts on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second), and will end on Saturday, September 22, 2012, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Please use plain text.
kilnntime
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

During the last one, there were some sellers who discovered that they were getting free listings even though their invitation had apparently been "lost in the mail."

Doesn't hurt to try; tomorrow set up an auction and see what happens. If you have already used up your 50 free listings for the month (or if you have a Store) then you can just set up the eBay listing form and see if an insertion fee appears at the bottom without even launching the listing. If you still have some of your 50 left, you'd have to actually launch an auction-format listing, and see if your counter changes.

Much comparison of who got invitations has led to confusion rather than to conclusions about who gets them. The consensus is that they're random. A couple of us have gotten invitations to IDs that aren't even registered for selling.

Well I was hoping that was the case but , NOPE , again I was not chosen to get the freebies :smileysad:   Oh well , thats life ,  I did try to list an item to see if it would be free or not and NOPE its not :smileysad:  so I don't know what the qualifier is but I will not be listing anymore unless they are free listings, just can not justify spending money when it seems like I have about a 10% sell thru rate here lately :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
kilnntime
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

Ditto.... sittin on about 80 myself.... thank GOD for the Ranch.. sales might be slow but atleast I can list all of my stuff...

yes , happy about the ranch too,  I am not getting rich but I do get some things sold there :smileywink:  and anything sold means money in my pocket

Please use plain text.
swampbuck1962
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

sounds like a plan..

I only work so I can Hunt
Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

During the last one, there were some sellers who discovered that they were getting free listings even though their invitation had apparently been "lost in the mail."

Much comparison of who got invitations has led to confusion rather than to conclusions about who gets them. The consensus is that they're random. A couple of us have gotten invitations to IDs that aren't even registered for selling.

Please use plain text.
catacombing
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

Well, I wasn't invited again!  Read on another thread that there's a free listing period starting tomorrow.  I know that life is not fair--don't even expect it to be.  But why eBay has to be secretive about how one qualifies for an invitation is way beyond me.  The powers that be have to know how frustrating this is.  Reminds me of being left out of groups in grade school; what do I have to do to fit in?X-(

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

Couldn't see starting a new thread... Read last paragraph carefully...

Who's eligible? Sellers who list Auction-style on September 18-22, 2012, will pay no Insertion Fees per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 50,000 listings in the Auction-style format. The Buy It Now option may also be added to these listings for free.

Your listings, up to 50,000 total during the Promotion Period, will be in addition to the 50 free Auction-style listings with free Buy It Now that you already get per month.

This Promotion is available by invitation only. If you qualify for participation, you will have received an email, and/or a message in My eBay. The Promotion is then activated with your eBay User ID. The Promotion is for you only and is not transferrable. When is it? This Promotion starts on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second), and will end on Saturday, September 22, 2012, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
swampbuck1962
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

spin it any way you want B.B.F ;-), more free listings would benifit all sellers and buyers,,

I only work so I can Hunt
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

I am in agreement.  I only have a couple left and it is only the 17th.  I will not list either without these free listings.  I am using my other site to pay 20 cents/listing for 4 months!  Not the same traffic as eBay, I must admit

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kilnntime

BBF, $1.50 is a lot when you sell cheap priced items. I try to sell mostly DVDs and the starting (and usually ending) price is $5.00. That is the Gross amount made; I Net about $2.25 per DVD.  So to put another $1.50 on that would mean if I buy the DVD from a rummage sale for $1.00 I would start losing money.

I have moved on to other things especially now that there are free listings inthe sporting memorabilia category, but I don't know about that stuff in order to make it work for me. Yes, I am a Packer fan, but I don't collect their stuff I just watch the games.   

Please use plain text.