cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing "0" Feedback people from bidding...

I thought I remember that in the past, I had changed a setting that prevented people with lower than a certain feedback score from bidding on my items. I wonder if that's still in effect.

I just had an item sell for about twice the price that other people are selling it for. The item was bid up by two people from Canada (item is in US) who have a total combined Feedback score of "3". One of them has had an account since 2006 and never bought anything.

Of course, being that I want to get this out by Christmas (it's NIB, so very giftable), my options are limited. Of course, the item still hasn't been paid for by the winner. Technically, I have to wait for the winning bidder, but my gut tells me it's not a real bid. If I make a second chance offer to the last "legitimate" offer, and the winning bidder then pays later, I'm at fault.

Any suggestions? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Preventing "0" Feedback people from bidding...

007.jpg

Shoot Foot

HeHeHeHeHe

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 106 of 120
latest reply

Ahumm.....

.Super Sniper Mode 17.5 Terabytes...!

random-yellow-cars-3.jpg

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 107 of 120
latest reply

I'll give you a reson for blocking "0" feedback people-I'm dealing with one right now.

She purchased a listing for over $150.00. She never paid or responded to my many emails. I had others who were bidding on this item but she outbid the last bidder by $1.00. After many weeks and headaches gettiing my ebay fees back I relisted the item but added a few more to the listing. Yes she won again with the bid of $51.00 using a new name with 0 feedbacks. I refused to deal with this kind of buyer and refunded her money..she begged me to sell her the item at the first price($150.00) not going through Ebay...and when I refused she gave me a BIG FAT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. Sorry but after this rodeo I will not sell to 0 feedback people. Not worth it..to me anyway.

Message 108 of 120
latest reply

Lucky you....I hope you never get burned like many of us.

Message 109 of 120
latest reply

My Dad haas been on eBay since it started and has a whole whopping two feedback. He is an attorney, so he can afford to pay, and understands the importance of a binding contract. He just doesn't use the site very often. He has made more than two purchases, but only two sellers have left feedback. He has bought pricey antiques, and he found out that one of the sellers also had a store where he lives. He decorated his entire law firm with antiques from that seller's brick and mortar store. He spent almost 75 grand with the guy. Sometimes those low feedback buyers can be worth dealing with!!!!
Message 110 of 120
latest reply

I forgot to add I hope you all sell a lot and make lots of money I really like the people on this board!!! I sell a little here and there and I enjoy reading your posts!!!
Message 111 of 120
latest reply

I have been ebay member for years...not very active till last two months....out if 20 items I've listed 4 have been 0 feedback scammers....very disappointing as a seller
Message 112 of 120
latest reply

m.facboo.com
Message 113 of 120
latest reply

@us_ene6 wrote:
m.facboo.com

What do "unblocked proxy servers" have to do with this topic?

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 114 of 120
latest reply

Go to the ebay cancel page and block page for unexciting bidders.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 115 of 120
latest reply

That has been my solution. I don't know how these scammers manage to verify a PayPal account, but I've been burned too many times. I do BIN with immediate payment. On the ones I give "Best Offer" options, I will not accept questionable feedback profiles. Buy some cheaper stuff and prove you actually exist, then I'll take a chance on you.
Message 116 of 120
latest reply

@voices_past wrote:
That has been my solution. I don't know how these scammers manage to verify a PayPal account, but I've been burned too many times. I do BIN with immediate payment. On the ones I give "Best Offer" options, I will not accept questionable feedback profiles. Buy some cheaper stuff and prove you actually exist, then I'll take a chance on you.

Speaking of voices past, this thread is from last year.Smiley Surprised

edit: oops 2011

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 117 of 120
latest reply

I sell "long Tail" items.  That means that my items are not hot, in-demand items.

My items are mostly things that someone can't buy retail anymore.

I have a lot of guest buyers and low feedback buyers ... When someone breaks a piece of grandma's china, in a pattern that has been discontinued since 1952, they will search for it and either sign up that day to purchase or just check out as a guest.

When the high volume buyers start looking at my stuff, I know that I have it priced too low 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 118 of 120
latest reply

"

Every year more and more people come to the internet to do their shopping , and of those many find eBay . They all start at ZERO feedback, the way we all did ." 

Thats fine. But when their first item they want to bid on is a 300$ video card I am selling and they opened their account yesterday and they are based in a country that I EXPLICITLY say I don't ship to. If you are new to ebay then you should buy a few DVDs or something trinkits frist. Get a SINGLE review. Just like if I was a new seller I would not put up a 500$ phone, GPU, or car. No duh. Build your rep. 

Message 119 of 120
latest reply

Here we go again. This topic began 6 years ago! How/why is it still available for comment today??
Message 120 of 120
latest reply