eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Paypal Holding your money

Since last fall Paypal has  been holding my money for items I have sold on ebay. I have 100% feedback, never had a negitive feedback and have been a ebay seller since 2001.

However for some reason they want to out of the blue hold MY money for 21 days. The first reason I was given was I had not sold 24 items in a 30 day period. Then I was told ALL ebay sellers would have their money held after Jan. 1 2012. Now after selling 2 items this month they decide I am trust worthy enough to not hold my money FOR NOW.

Is anyone else having this stupid thing done to them. It is MY money they are holding. I guess they are not making enough off of their outragous fees that now they want to draw interest off our money too.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

Re: Paypal Holding your money

in reply to chester-90

..http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Part-Time-Ebay/Ebaypaypal-Holding-Funds/5200036928

sigh.......

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

I guess they are not making enough off of their outragous fees that now they want to draw interest off our money too.

They don't draw interest anymore...they did up until
February but now they do it for fun...;-)

Please use plain text.
theguitarpartsguy
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

They don't draw interest anymore...they did up until February but now they do it for fun...;-)

I know that they claim that, but I'm not sure that I believe it...

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Since last fall Paypal has  been holding my money for items I have sold on ebay. I have 100% feedback, never had a negitive feedback and have been a ebay seller since 2001....

You have less than 20 feedback as a seller in the past 2 months and some of your DSRs are very low (e.g.,  4.5 for  "As described") which might precipitate a hold.  eBay cares much more about your 12-month record than what you did ten years ago.

Please use plain text.
bostongrammy
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

... less then 20 feedback as a seller in the past 12 months...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

I've sold things on here in the past, no problem.  So last week when I decided to sell after a few years of not selling, I figured it would be no biggie.  I've never had an issue.

Imagine my surprise when I was told AFTER...not before I listed, but AFTER that my money wouldn't be available for 3 weeks...

So I'm never selling a thing on here again.  Craigslist or a yard sale...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

LOL kindred....Don't like the rules, don't sell here. Can't keep up with the changes, don't sell here.

People with little or no current history were ripping off buyers and eBay. EBay had enough of it. Use DC and get your money in around 10 days. Can't wait that long, don't sell here.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Sorry this happened to you. You're right, this is not the eBay of years ago. Electronics as you sold, http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/221000178112 , are at the top of the fraud list from both buyers & sellers. Good luck wherever your path leads!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Believe me, I won't sell here.  And I'll make sure none of my friends do either.

I never ripped off anyone.  I can understand my account being held if I were only on here a month, or I had awful feedback...

But I've been here 9 years and have perfect feedback...buying and selling.  I was not aware of this policy change.  I never saw it in a newsletter or anywhere else.  I didn't even get a warning about it when I listed, or I wouldn't have listed.

Ebay is tired of fraud, I understand that.  But what Ebay and Paypal are doing is fraud, and illegal.

I won't do business here again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Thank you hondamedic. :-D

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Ha - I have 13,600 positive feedbacks with a 99.8% Rating and They are holding MY Money for 3 weeks at pay pal - sounds like I make a lot of money, but this is over 12 or 13 years. - Ebay wants to go stone professional now - casual sellers are dead in the water. It's a MONOPOLY pretty much. Where else are you going to sell with this large of a market? A Lot of folks will drop the whole thing, which is what ebay wants. The Little guy is just a pain in the butt to them. They don't make much money off of the smaller sellers. Better to discourage them. Get rid of them. This is how big business operates. Streamlining.  Just have to deal with it, or get out.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

They just did the same thing with me. I have outstanding feedback my score board is all at 4.9 = 5.0 NOT ONE NEG I never even had a return or any claims. I list at least 5 to 20 items weekly. I am going to contact an attorney tomorrow to see if this is legal.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Save yourself the lawyer fees> Google Search "Holding Funds 2012"

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

OH No fees I happen to know plenty lawers :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

OH No fees I happen to know plenty lawers :smileyhappy:

Question is.....Why?..........Photobucket......;-)

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Let us all know what you're gang of lawyers has to say.

& how much they charged you an hour.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Yep i have my funds on hold. after 7 years and paying my fees weekly, shipping right away. I filed with the bbb maybe if enough people do this the gov. might look into this money making scam?

Please use plain text.
vasox
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

I hate to go against the grain here, but you don't need lawyers.

My Aunt recently starting selling here after being away for 3 years, they did the same thing to her (held money).

100 % feedback no negs ever.

No DSR dings

She sold 8 items and had about $900 that PayPal held.

She simply went down to the local court house filled out a small claims case against PayPal. ( there is a PayPal office in every state ) look it up;-)

Within 24 hours of PayPal being served, she got a call from Paypal and money was released.

The fact is:  what PayPal is doing is not good business, the legal part I don't know. Once you challenge PayPal with a third party they will relent.

Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.
Please use plain text.
jlh1973mu
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Sorry this happened to you. You're right, this is not the eBay of years ago. Electronics as you sold, http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/221000178112 , are at the top of the fraud list from both buyers & sellers. Good luck wherever your path leads!

then get rid of the fraud buyers & sellers...holding funds doesn't solve the issue....

Please use plain text.