eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

hondamedic
Community Member

Re: Paypal Holding your money

in reply to hondamedic

I saw this on the news, didn't want to start a thread about it, and thought this thread appropriate but in this case seizing your money.> Social Security, Treasury target taxpayers 

Across the nation, hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are expecting refunds this month are instead getting letters like the one Grice got, informing them that because of a debt they never knew about — often a debt incurred by their parents — the government has confiscated their check.

The Treasury Department has intercepted $1.9 billion in tax refunds already this year $75 million of that on debts delinquent for more than 10 years, said Jeffrey Schramek, assistant commissioner of the department’s debt management service. The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

eBay BOTS look for unusal activity on accounts like this buyers seller.> http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Chat/How-much-money-does-Ebay-PayPal-lose-to-scammers/m-p/18591281...

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to billy_biggle_fan

billy_biggle_fan wrote:

nathanman22 wrote:

Ebay can't survive without sellers...and its going to lose a lot over this.

You do realize that Amazon also holds funds for new sellers, has mandatory 30-day returns, and other policies stricter than eBay's, right?

And charges a higher FVF percentage....

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nathanman22

nathanman22 wrote:

You do realize that Amazon also holds funds for new sellers, has mandatory 30-day returns, and other policies stricter than eBay's, right?

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to nathanman22

we've been looking for years........

let us know when you find it.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to hondamedic

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Ebay holding your funds, Let's create our own buying/selling market!

Let us know how that works out for ya!

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

If those are 4" stilettos you've made a silk purse from a sows rear!

Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Welcome to Paypal of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

wild kingdom photo: BeltedBoar BeltedBoar.png 

photo z110525944.png
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

I am having issues with Paypal to they are holding the money & I am a good seller & buyer no negative feed back I contacted Paypal to see if they can release the $ I can not pay for the shipping I have no $ & i think it's unfair we should get the $ first & that's how it has always been now they are holding the $ & I had to refund someone last month & i do not what 2 do that I sold two items & asked the seller 2 give me positive feedback so the $ can e released I don't know why Paypal is doing this I can not pay 4 the shipping myself & if this keeps happening I will not be a buyer or seller on Ebay anymore! X-(

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mary*011&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

. photo montalban_fantasy_island.jpg

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

I am having issues with Paypal to they are holding the money & I am a good seller & buyer no negative feed back I contacted Paypal to see if they can release the $ I can not pay for the shipping I have no $ & i think it's unfair we should get the $ first & that's how it has always been now they are holding the $ & I had to refund someone last month & i do not what 2 do that I sold two items & asked the seller 2 give me positive feedback so the $ can e released I don't know why Paypal is doing this I can not pay 4 the shipping myself & if this keeps happening I will not be a buyer or seller on Ebay anymore! X-(

Please use plain text.
oliver906susan
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

It was a lot funnier when I didn't know!   :-D

smiley candle photo: candle candlef.gifFounding member of the Pack of Disgruntled Failures.
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Interesting, I didn't know that, but that's why I'm here---to learn!

It is mentioned here and there.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

Although PayPal's corporate headquarters are located in San Jose, PayPal's operations center is located in Omaha, Nebraska,

Even their website buries it.> https://www.paypal-media.com/mediacenter.cfm

PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. with offices in Timonium, Md. Its European headquarters is in Luxembourg and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. PayPal has operation centers located in Berlin, Germany; Chandler, Ariz.; Dublin and Dundalk, Ireland; near Omaha, Neb.; Petaling Jaya, Malaysia; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China. PayPal has development centers in Austin, Texas; Chennai, India; Bangalore, India; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Singapore; and Tel Aviv, Israel.

But we have the resources to ferret them out!:^O

Please use plain text.
oliver906susan
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Psst:

Although PayPal's corporate headquarters are located in San Jose, PayPal's operations center is located in Omaha, Nebraska.

smiley candle photo: candle candlef.gifFounding member of the Pack of Disgruntled Failures.
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Burgle foog kwaken woogle up nilk ??

Con troogle furdel bop !!!

FURD TRONKLEDAP !!~

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Shhh. Let them drive to Omaha.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

5100077254_LOLLOLROTF!!!!!!!!!.jpg
5100077255_Shhhh.jpg
Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

photo e5019209.gif 

photo z110525944.png
Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to chester-90

Yes!! I'm a victim too, makes me want to drive to Omaha and kick their ass

They are in CA.

eBay Inc. Headquarters

Whitman Campus

2065 Hamilton Avenue

San Jose, California 95125

(800) 322-9266

(408) 376-7400

We may have some info to help.

Please use plain text.