eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

komokwa
Community Member

Re: Is it possible to contact ebay support via email rather than telephone?

in reply to komokwa

& ya...i no they were for parts...

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to lashananeenee2009

why?

did u buy a chrome book ?

With a 50% feedback rating i'd think 2x about what kind of seller she is....specially with that 1st sale of 4 laptops.....for 9.99.......eeeeeeekk !!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atrionix

I need to contact this seller. http://www.ebay.com/usr/fancy.dancer

she will not respnd to my messages, and i just emailed her. 

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to levis_and_lace

I don't much about Quickbooks but I would guess that you could import the values in your store listings to any spread sheet/data base program by creating a CVS file. (CVS=comma seperated values). There should be a way to download such a file in selling manager or your bulk listing program if you use one.

If you do a google search for " importing Quickbook CVS files" then try adding "eBay" to the search or  "eBay store" you should find some relevant tips.

levis_and_lace wrote:

How do I link my eBay store to Quickbooks?

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
levis_and_lace
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Yes, the software.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to levis_and_lace

Quickbooks .....as in the software program ?

Please use plain text.
levis_and_lace
Community Member

in reply to atrionix

How do I link my eBay store to Quickbooks?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lovemy2kitties
Haven't been selling on E-bay for a while. Recently I sold an item, boy was I surprised with the final fees. Yes, they gave you a brake on insersion fees, big 30 cents discount, but take 10% of your final price and what did me is 10% of shipping. This is it for me, NO MORE SELLING ON EBAY. They got to be kidding, even taking their cut on shipping ?????? NO MORE for me.
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to flywelstore

Fly, your crystal ball is soooo much better than mine ~ kudos for figuring out the post and taking the time to respond!

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
flywelstore
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to 2007euris

@2007euris

Your question is a bit vague, but I have to point out that you are not contacting eBay here, we are just a bunch of sellers just like you.

If you are having a problem with a non-paying bidder, you can open an Unpaid Item Dispute (UID) 48 hours after the auction ends.

If the buyer does not pay within 4 days after that, you close the UID and get your Final Value Fees Credited.

The instructions are here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html#work

If the buyer does not pay, they get an Unpaid Item Strike on their account.

With 2 of those strikes, they will be blocked from buying from any seller who has their buyer preferences set up correctly:

My Ebay>>Account>>Site Preferences>>Buyer Requirements

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)

You then put that buyer on your Blocked Bidder List (BBL):

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jaysonstonehouse

this is the e-mail i receive from the bidder what more can i do, i can not demand are command him to pay for it,
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Although they do state on their "Support Page" that you can contact them by phone, chat or email I have never found a wy to email them. The "Chat " system is ok as long as you have an hour to spare whilst waiting for your turn.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atrionix
I was browsing on eBay and I found "SELLERS" that are "selling" 5star ratings with FAKE Comments to boost other buyers/sellers ratings.. basically screwing over good people who are looking for an honest, hassle free transaction from a PROVEN (by ratings) good buyer/seller. How isn't E-BAY doing anything about this?? So all ratings you look at B4 You decide to buy, can be all lies.. look it up for your self...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to levildeadl

the reason they charge a percentage of the shipping is that some people use it to build it into the auction cost. so ebay figured out that sellers will charge .99 for a 2 ounce item and 10.00 to ship it..Ebay will ALWAYS figure out a way to get they cut!! They don't care if we can't contact them--they aren't going to do anything to help you anyway..only so many call centers in india anyway. You shouldn't be charged insertion fee unless you went over your 50 items.. you can have more than 1 account

Please use plain text.
levildeadl
Community Member

in reply to dash-flash-strobes

dash-flash-strobes wrote:

I like eBay.  It's pretty much the only option for selling worldwide. I have only two beefs with eBay:

1.  Charging a Final Value Fee on shipping is a rip-off.  We don't profit from shipping, so why should we be charged for it? We sell heavy items, so shipping can be as much as $20 to $30.

2.  The inability to ask a question via email.  Like many others, I don't have time to sit waiting on hold for 30 to 45 minutes.

2 1/2.   I see that they have now started also charging us $.30 "insertion fee."  I thought 50 listings a month were free.

In the old days shipping charges were not factored into the final value fee.  You did not have to pay a percentage of your shipping charges to Ebay. 

Two guesses why they stopped doing this but you'll probably need only one.  Yes, you're correct, sellers were scamming Ebay by putting a $1 buy it now price on their auctions and charging $15, $20, etc. for shipping.   Since we didn't pay fees on shipping, sellers were scamming Ebay out of their cut by putting the actual price of the item they were selling as their shipping charge.  Ebay would only collect fees from the $1 official final value while the seller pocketed the $20 shipping charge paying no fees on it. 

Don't blame Ebay, they had the system correct for years.  Blame all the con-men out there for taking advantage forcing Ebay to change the way in which they collect fees.

Also back in the day every auction was a minimum 30 cent insertion fee.  That was just a basic listing with 1 picture.  Every picture beyond that one was an extra 10 cents.  Every thing they could charge extra for they did.  Want to use bold print,?  That was an extra 50 cents.  They nickel and dimed you to death when listing an auction and the insertion fee frequently ended up being $1-$1.50 for a single item.  The system is much better now.  Listing is free for the first 50 or 100 items each month.  I'm not sure which because I don't sell that much in a month therefore I never have to pay insertion fees.  If you haven't exceeded the number of free listings this month the only way you would be charged a 30 cent insertion fee is if you listed an item with the Buy it Now/Best Offer format instead of an auction.  Only auction listings are free.  If you list your item with a set Buy it Now price but no auction (buyers can not bid, they can only buy it now) you will have to pay an insertion fee every time.   Ebay does this because they are a business and their revenue comes from their perentage of the final value fee your item sells for.  If you list an auction, somebody will win it and Ebay will get their percntage.  If you just list Buy it Now/Best Offer then Ebay may never see a penny from the listing.  You may have the price set to high and nobody buys your item........which means Ebay was hosting the item on their server, promoting it to the world for you and did not receive a penny in return.  By charging insertion fees on Buy it Now/Best Offers they are guaranteed to atleast get 30 cents for their trouble.

Please use plain text.
levildeadl
Community Member

in reply to paulio39

paulio39 wrote:
I posted items in the post and they were damaged during transit and now ebay has given a full refund from my paypal with no prior notice to myself and now im over drawn. Am i liable for damage during transit? Ebay are not atall helpfull. The buyer also left me negative feedback and when i did the same to the buyer my coments were removed by ebay. Is this common practice off ebay???

Yes.  You are responsible for items during transit.   It is your responsability to package your items well before shipping them out.  This includes bubble wrap, stryrofoam peanuts or any other type of padding you deem  necissary to make sure the item arrives to the customer undamaged.    Would you want to pay for something that was broken?  I'm sure you woulnd't, nobody would.  The item should arrive to the customer in the very same condition it was listed as in the auction. 

your feedback comment was removed because it was retalitory feedback.  you had no reason to leave the buyer negative feedback.  obviously he paid you or you would not have shipped the item to him.  The feedback system is in place for people to leave honest reviews of the buyer/seller following through on their commitments. They buyer did follow through, he paid you. That was the only commitment he had.  He left you negative feedback because you did not follow through on your commitment.  He purchased an item from you that was listed in good condition yet when he received it, it was damaged.  Either you were mis-leading in the description of the item's condition when you listed the auction or you did not package the item properly when shipping it to him allowing it to be damaged in transit.  Either way, it was your fault.  The buyer paid for an item and you didn't make sure he received it exactly as it was described in auction. 

retalitory feedback is never allowed on Ebay and will always be deleted.  That is a mis-use of the feedback system.  If Ebay allows users to mis-use the system to "get back" at somebody then the entire system is worthless and may as well not exist at all.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Congrats on the 200!

Spoiler
just a click will do it. How many more clicks do you need?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to kjamesro

Unfortunately, there is no way to reach eBay Customer Service using email.  Please start a new message with your question, and you will receive answers and advice from long time sellers willing to share their knowledge.

The "New Message" box is at the top of the page ~ just a click will do it!

Spoiler

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atrionix

on hold for 44 minutes and counting w/ebay cust svs.  never had a short wait time, always bad.  can't revise a listing even though i showed international shipping, it is not on listing.  terrible cust svc.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to paulio39

Ebay ALWAYS sides with the buyer..even if they lied. I had a guy ask for measurement on a tshirt-I told him what it was all the way around..he said he only wanted the front measurement??!! he filed a not as described--didn't have to return--got a full refund :smileyembarrassed:(  It is unfair that no no matter how badly a buyer behaves..negative feedback is not permitted. They can say whatever they want about you tho--including hidden comments that affect your account. You are not permitted to know these to "protect the buyer"-so you can't defend yourself. In this country you have aright to confront your accusers--not in the world of ebay.  The seller is responsible for broken item..the only way around it is to insist on insurance...and then you have to fight with the PO..they don't always pay claims (and , of course, ebay will take a percentage of what you chareg for insurance too)

Please use plain text.