cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Prevent International Sales

Don't want the hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints & hits on your Shipping Time DSR's, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on? There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu.
Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row.
Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit
Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US.

Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit.
Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship.
Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings.
If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page.
Under Selling Preferences click on Payment Receiving Preferences.
Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save.

Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

France> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Buyer-Not-Paid/5100044189

If you do sell internationally read Post #5 and follow the Yellow Red Brick Road to the buyer.;-)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 106 of 177
latest reply

Good info to know.  I used to include International sales, but stopped when I started selling here again last year.   Imo, too much can go wrong for the seller.

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 107 of 177
latest reply

And just to grind salt into the wound, the USPS has raised International postage up to 40%(See post #8)> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Killer-New-International/5100044418

Message 108 of 177
latest reply

Brazil....Again!> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Ebaypaypal-Supports-Con/5200063833

Message 109 of 177
latest reply

If you don't want to sell Internationally then set the blocks in the original post. Why? http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Being-Harassed-Through/5100046949

ID from Poland buys a US shipping only widget then gets mad because seller refunds! Now it's escalated...

Message 110 of 177
latest reply

The major problem with international transactions is INR because there's no tracking> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Chat/Missing-Overseas-Package/5100047647

Message 111 of 177
latest reply

If you are going to sell Internationally then you need to include the Customs blurb in your listing> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Sellers-Unite-Something/5100048980 Read Post #2 & #5... The Blurb is:

We will remove Feedback if the listing meets the requirements below and the seller receives a negative or neutral Feedback comment that refers to customs delays or customs fees.

Requirements

The following text, or very similar text, must be included in the listing. You can cut and paste this directly into your listing:

International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

This text must also be:

Free standing or apart from other text in the item description

In a font size no smaller than the majority of the other text in the item description

Prominently displayed in the upper half of the item description

You might also want to include the following information for potential buyers:

Customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.

We won't under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws.

Message 112 of 177
latest reply

Then there's the language barrier> http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Deskjet-1051-All-in-One-Printer-and-Bonus-USB-Printer-Cable/17655334

Read Post #5.

Message 113 of 177
latest reply

I'm still not against international, I just refrain from it. Mostly, I find it annoying, when I do give an international price, based on USPS Priority, and the same considerations I have for pricing my shipping to US and Canada, and then here back that "normally" or "last time" it was $toodamnlow.50.

Could I respond, by saying "Congratulations, you have found a seller is happy to spend their own money, just to have the opportunity to say they shipped something to your country!".... or do you think that might get lost in translation?

If you "collect" things, and you are not a part time ebay seller, well... you're just a hoarder.
Message 114 of 177
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Bump... 🙂

Message 115 of 177
latest reply

Ya know, it's tough enough to sell hi-tech gadgets to US residents because of the high incidents of fraud, but Russia?> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Can-Someone-Please/5200073023

Check your settings NewBees!

Message 116 of 177
latest reply

That's my issue with International selling, no inexpensive DC, your only protection against INR> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Warning-To-All/5200073990

Message 117 of 177
latest reply

Personally, I sell to the Lower 48.  Canada and Hawaii are just too expensive to ship to...

Not true...Canada is airmail from Hawaii and is cheaper then priorty; up to a certain weight.  First class, flat rate priority mail and media mail is the same anywhere in the USA.

Parcel post, next day express and priority zone are not.

Everyone in Hawaii may not know how long some types of service take but we all know it's costs more and are willing to pay.

Message 118 of 177
latest reply

Not true...Canada is airmail from Hawaii and is cheaper then priorty; up to a certain weight.  First class, flat rate priority mail and media mail is the same anywhere in the USA.

Parcel post, next day express and priority zone are not.

Everyone in Hawaii may not know how long some types of service take but we all know it's costs more and are willing to pay.

With what OMA typically sells, FC, FR, and MM are pretty much out of the question, but regardless, your last paragraph is very much worth noting, and warrants condideration of reconsidering the decision to not ship outside the lower 48.

If you "collect" things, and you are not a part time ebay seller, well... you're just a hoarder.
Message 119 of 177
latest reply

conditeration + consideration, in my neck of the woods...:^O

Message 120 of 177
latest reply