cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Prevent International Sales

Don't want the hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints & hits on your Shipping Time DSR's, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on? There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu.
Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row.
Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit
Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US.

Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit.
Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship.
Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings.
If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page.
Under Selling Preferences click on Payment Receiving Preferences.
Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save.

Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
This should be tacked to the top because there have been countless inquiries about how to prevent international bidders lately.

Thanks for putting it all together Honda!
Message 2 of 177
latest reply

How about a post informing sellers ' how to encourage international sales'...............
wouldn't that be productive ???

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 3 of 177
latest reply

"How about a post informing sellers ' how to encourage international sales'...............
wouldn't that be productive ???"

Sure. Awaiting your productive post.
Message 4 of 177
latest reply

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
How about a post informing sellers ' how to encourage international sales'...............
wouldn't that be productive ???

Good idea for those who will sell internationally 🙂
Message 5 of 177
latest reply

"How about a post informing sellers ' how to encourage international sales'...............
wouldn't that be productive ???"

Sure. Awaiting your productive post.

Well ya , except for the fact that I'm in canada !

I can tell Canadians how to post or ship and sell to other countries and what to look out for ( like those Pita buyers from the US who think it takes 2 days to get a box from Vancouver to Miami..) but only from a Canadian perspective.

The only thing I can tell you Americans is that our economy is still the strongest of the G7 and you won't believe how inexpensive it is to ship stuff up here !

The rest you'll have to get from some savy USA seller who knows a good market is only a customs form away !!
SPITFIRE

Message 6 of 177
latest reply

The rest you'll have to get from some savy USA seller who knows a good market is only a customs form away !!

Bingo!

Our Canadian friends are among the best!
Message 7 of 177
latest reply

This is the reason some international sales go bad, the buyer!

I checked my feedback today and found this: Received in 20 days, the product does not appear to be new.

The item went by USPS First Class International to Brazil -- buyer had choice between First Class International and Priority International. (Also, buyer wanted me to make shipment as a gift so he didn't have to pay import fees.)

I know for a fact shirt was new because I removed tag myself last year for a gift that I never got around to giving.

The buyer who requested lesser cost S&H, falsifying Federal Forms & lied about the items condition? http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=mistergugu&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 8 of 177
latest reply

Ya but you know it goes both ways.

What about the US seller who sold me a fake G7 painting!

He said I was the scammer for not bidding high enough !
Think that one through !!

If I'd have bid higher ...would the painting suddenly be authentic??

SPITFIRE

Message 9 of 177
latest reply

Well yeaaa it works both ways! So you file a SNAD, eBay refunds your money & S&H paid & the dishonest seller eventually gets NARU'd for selling bogus items.

How does eBay protect this seller from an international sale that the buyer inflicted his own disappointment by requesting a slower shipping service?

We know there's great international buyers just like the US but it costs a lot more to be scammed by the ones overseas, or over the border in your case.

Speaking of the Canadian border, did I ever tell you about the time I crossed into Canada through Fort Kent, Maine ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Kent,_Maine )? When I stopped in at a restaurant in Ft. Kent to get a bite I had to get a different waitress as the original one assigned to my table only spoke French!

Message 10 of 177
latest reply

Yes in this case the buyer is at fault times two !

And it would seem , a scammer too !

An only french speaking waitress in Maine ?? LOL !!
You should have called the cops to check her green card !!
Or you could have ordered from the Table d'Hote ! LOL !!!!

Message 11 of 177
latest reply

makayla.renee89
Enthusiast
When I go to Profile options, then to Selling Preferences it doesn't have anywhere that says Payment Receiving Methods. This is what I see:
Selling Preferences
Auctions
Shipping Preferences
Create New Button
PayPal Shops
Invoice Templates
Language Encoding
Message 12 of 177
latest reply

summer-in-love
Enthusiast
If you are selling on eBay and want to receive payment through PayPal, you will need to upgrade your PayPal account from Personal to either Premier or Business.

Link: Upgrading your PayPal Account

Once you have done that, you will see more options under Selling Preferences than you do now.
* Lynette *
Message 13 of 177
latest reply

and the cost to do that is ?

Message 14 of 177
latest reply

summer-in-love
Enthusiast
To go from Personal to Premier: free, and the fees paid by each are the same.
* Lynette *
Message 15 of 177
latest reply