cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has it been Slow this month for you????

I sell a little bit of everything and Ive noticed that this month it has been really slow. has anyone else noticed a big drop in sales?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Huge drop for me yes...last week I yanked all my items that were flat. Hoping for a better month in August especially when football season kicks up...my big months are right around the corner. 🙂

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Slow YEAR!  Last year we doubled over previouos year.  This year we are selling less than half of what we sold last year.  Where have all the customers gone?  I have been saying...o, its a slow month, for so long now..... wondering if its really worth the time and effort.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

What do you mean, you yanked all your items that were flat.  Do you just put them in unsold, do you end them, or is there a way to put them in inventory and then pull them out at a later date without being charged the month(s) in between?

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@jacke407 wrote:

What do you mean, you yanked all your items that were flat.  Do you just put them in unsold, do you end them, or is there a way to put them in inventory and then pull them out at a later date without being charged the month(s) in between?

Yep & Yep......if you run selling manager or pro, you can keep them in your unsold folder for up to 90 days and relaunch them at a later date.

Items that have little or no views for the first 15-20 days go stale....and with Cassini they can effect all of your listings like a cancer. I pull those items....let them rest for a month or so...then relaunch using the "sell-similar" format on the item. I dont use "relist" because that takes a stale item directly back to it's "stale" location.

Basically.....you cannot replace cancer with cancer....you need to replace cancer with remedy...and "sell-similar" is the remedy.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Yes, because my mother died and I have been lazy. Other than that, no.

Radine

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Cassini

Abolishes

Small

Seller's

Items

Negating 

Interest

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Oh, radine, I'm so sorry to hear your mom died.

I wouldn't be listing, either.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Radine please accept my condolences on your loss.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Slow over here also.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

I have had a slow month, but the weather hasn't been great which has decreased the # of yard sales, so I don't have many new exciting items.  I have just been getting rid of free box stuff, mostly under $10 items.  Even the better items I had didn't do as well as expected though, so I do think buying/bidding is probably down.  I have also been somewhat lazy- too many heatwaves!

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

mint, thanks for the reminder about that.
you told me about it before and yet... i did not yank a dead item down! should have done it weeks ago....DOH!
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

and i think the best way to go is to make a brand new listing.
the cancer listing i had, I pulled it down via mints advice.
decided to try making a new listing... it started selling again.
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

The past 20 days were slower then slow.  The worst I have ever had on e bay actually.   I was away at my sisters house sitting and left my hubby in charge of shipping.  He had a few mishaps which resulted in some refunds.  I was not able to list anything brand new just re-added using the "sell similiar" function.  Still sales were slow.

I then went to my Parents house for a week with NO internet.  So I was not able to even relist with sell similiar.  WHen I returned home on Sunday Night I relisted about 90 items using sell similiar.  Since Monday we have had 8 sales.  It is like things are back to normal. 

I will start listing all of my new items sometime today.  I hope this pushes sales even more.

I am wondering if the bots picked up the refunds and lowered our exposure for a few days?

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Hate to be the odd ball but sales have been decent this past month. I checked and last year in July and Aug I also had good sales. Maybe lots of folks sitting inside with the a\c shopping, dunno.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply