cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program..?

Anybody else receive this banner on their summary page?

My guess is I can ship internationally but my parcels go to a shipping center who then ship my parcel to the buyer?

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogramexport.html

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Unfortunately you can't "opt-out".> http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=5200151830&rw=true&anticache=1369673000147

You must edit each aution to not use it.> http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogram/faq.html

Can I opt-out of the Global Shipping Program?

If you enroll in the Global Shipping Program and decide you no longer want to apply it to your listings, you can remove the Global Shipping Program from your listings by unchecking the box for the Global Shipping Program from your international shipping details.

Sorry, hope this helps...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 31 of 60
latest reply

Here's another one in a long list of unintended consequences that occur when you attempt to program a computer to have common sense:  I got the invite to the Global Shipping program, and signed up just for fun, to see how it works.  Since then I've made exactly one international sale, which was to a country that's not part of the program.  Coincidentally, I now have a black mark on my Seller Dashboard and a reduction in my Top Seller Rating because my feedback percentage of .00% is lower than the .06 threshold for a TSR.

To me, that adds up to being punished because the Global Shipping Program chased off all my international customers.  Oh, well... :-{)}

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

whoodathunk2
Thrill-Seeker

the reply comes up as an error.

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it's stupid.
Message 33 of 60
latest reply

I'm thinking this program is a way of extracting the same fees from postal shipments as from UPS shipments. The list of fees is pretty much identical, as are the disclaimers. It would also seem  that Ebay is attempting to get out from under the liability of having to refund for unreceived shipments. You can bet the seller will be docked, though. Delivery times have stretched out considerably, also.

I also notice there is a disclaimer saying the buyer is still responsible for any additional duties, taxes, and fees that may be charged at delivery.

I then took the liberty of contacting  CCRA, Border Services. They informed me that the Global Shipping Program as operated by Pitney Bowes for Ebay has no official standing with them and packages will still be inspected and assessed duty and taxes as before.

I leave the rest to your own intelligence as to what this program's purpose is.

Message 34 of 60
latest reply

I am an English dealer living and working in Germany. I find this new programm very disturbing. 1. If I pay this 3rd. party my local tax and customs duties I have to pay it on the day I purchase. Normally I would pay approx. 5 weeks later.So my money is tied up. 2. The antique pieces that I normally purchase are packed very well from the dealer that is selling it. However  the parcel is then sent to a 3rd party who unpack it and repack it, if it is not securely packed and arrives damaged who takes the responsibility and the agro? 3.  As I very regularly buy in ebay.com I am efficient in importing my own goods and have realised that of course this 3rd. party and probably ebay are more expensive and again are earning money out of the dealers!  4. I have spoken to the local customs officer about  this problem and he has garenteed me that it is not accepted in Germany and that I would have to pay again the duty and tax when the parcel arrives in Germany. 5. I have therefor decided I would rather refrain on bidding on a piece that has this service, however unfortunatly it is not always clear and I have bought a few pieces and have not realised this customs clause was in the agreement until  I came to pay.My conclusion is not to buy anything even if it means missing a deal if it is conne ted in anyway to this service. I consider the whole thing a bit of a rip off quite honestly. Stkellams

Message 35 of 60
latest reply

@stkellams wrote:

I am an English dealer living and working in Germany. I find this new programm very disturbing.

1. If I pay this 3rd. party my local tax and customs duties I have to pay it on the day I purchase. Normally I would pay approx. 5 weeks later.So my money is tied up.

2. The antique pieces that I normally purchase are packed very well from the dealer that is selling it. However  the parcel is then sent to a 3rd party who unpack it and repack it, if it is not securely packed and arrives damaged who takes the responsibility and the agro?

3.  As I very regularly buy in ebay.com I am efficient in importing my own goods and have realised that of course this 3rd. party and probably ebay are more expensive and again are earning money out of the dealers!  

4. I have spoken to the local customs officer about  this problem and he has garenteed me that it is not accepted in Germany and that I would have to pay again the duty and tax when the parcel arrives in Germany.

5. I have therefor decided I would rather refrain on bidding on a piece that has this service, however unfortunatly it is not always clear and I have bought a few pieces and have not realised this customs clause was in the agreement until  I came to pay.

My conclusion is not to buy anything even if it means missing a deal if it is conne ted in anyway to this service. I consider the whole thing a bit of a rip off quite honestly.

Stkellams

Welcome to The Part Time Sellers Forum.

There is one mistake in your post, #3, "earning money out of the dealers". We save money by paying a smaller fee to ship to a central location within the US, you pay everything else so it should read "earning money out of the buyer".

Sorry this eBay money grab is preventing you from using us!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 36 of 60
latest reply

Antiques aren't supposed to be eligible for the Global Shipping Program according to the site.  http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html#restricted  Sellers shouldn't be able to create that listing

As far as your taxes/duty go, Pitney Bowes collects them and pays them to Customs on your behalf.  You would not have to pay it again.  This is supposed to facilitate the sale as the item has already cleared before it reaches your country.

- Suzanne -
Message 37 of 60
latest reply

The main problem is that Duties and Taxes are being charged on items,

which do not have Duties and Taxes applicable to them in the first place.

Either, Pitney Bowes has no idea what they are doing with respect to Duties

and Taxes, or more likely... they know exactly what they are doing and are

pocketing a staggering amount of money from unwarranted charges that

they know they don't have to pay.

There are three US Sellers, who I used to buy from on a regular basis. They

opted for the Global Ripping Program... I have found new Sellers to give my

business to, who don't participate in GSP. I get the same items shipped into

Canada, with no Duties and no Taxes and no Brokerage Fees, as it was prior

to the introduction of this lousy program.

If I see an item offering GSP, I pass it by in a heart beat.  

Message 38 of 60
latest reply

I would recommend this program only if you're up to date on Ebay Policy, which means you do things the Ebay way and you like it.

fiftysevenvintage wrote:

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with this program. I'd love to hear.

I have had nothing but good experiences but I also qualify as TRS bronze.

Message 39 of 60
latest reply

Feedback from a UK buyer:

I ignore any listing offering GSP. As many items I purchase are not subject to import duty I simply inform US sellers of the correct information needed on the package for UK customs officials and I've had no problems. Using the GSP would mean I'd automatically be charged inappropriate customs duty with (as far as I can tell) no attempt being made to ascertain the correct amount. The same % appears to be added to all listings for UK buyers. For the privilege of paying these phantom duties I pay an admin fee to Pitney Bowes, have my shipment delayed and risk further handling damage.

No thanks

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

You are joking right?? Good expericances?? Good lord. I paid way over the top for shipping, plus duty and import fees tha were incorrect. I was not, am not able to track my package. It has been 3 weeks yeserday, that I placed the order and the seller confirmed shipping. WTH?? 

You must be an employee of ebay to think there is nothing wrong with this program. 

Message 41 of 60
latest reply

The GSP is a joke! The first item I sent arrived with the buyer smashed to pieces, I refunded her the money she had paid me but I'm still trying to get her the extra postage, this has been going on for 3wks now, I've been passed through 5 different departments & have been waiting for the GSP dept to get back to me for 6 days. This is a disaster for buyers & sellers I would not recommend this service to anyone.
Message 42 of 60
latest reply

I just realized that when I relist Ebay puts the GSP option back on even though I opted out when I iunputted originally! How insidious is this? My Australian buyer is quoted more than $25 by Epay and I was going to charge $5 you clowns who think GSP isnt costing you  business BIG TIME are just smoking something I know not what! Peter  

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

NO NO NO NO YOU DONT BHELP AT ALL!!! it should be an opt in for the seller NOT an opt out, when I relist the GSP shows up again buyer are being overcharged monstrously and it is costing you a SIGNIFICANT chunk of business!!!! GET IT?

Message 44 of 60
latest reply

One thing the buyer has to remeber once the seller has confirmation that the item has been received by the shipper the seller is not responsible for anything, this is becasse the final shipper is responsible how is the seller to know what the final shipper is doing? You can ship a dead rat in the box and you CANNOT be held responsible.    

Message 45 of 60
latest reply