cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program..?

Anybody else receive this banner on their summary page?

My guess is I can ship internationally but my parcels go to a shipping center who then ship my parcel to the buyer?

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogramexport.html

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

some people have been opt in when they didn't opt in.

Thanks mart, it's kinda like how some sellers have

their funds held... even though, they didn't opt in. ?:|

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

fiftysevenvintage
Enthusiast

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with this program. I'd love to hear.

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Global-Shipping-Program/5200130902

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 18 of 60
latest reply

I have had what could of easily turned into a NEGATIVE experience with it!

I had a buyer from Canada message me interested in a shirt (weighed around 5 or 6 oz) - she asked if I could just ship it FC International - she had bought previous items with shipping for $5-6. I said sure - as I could not see what she was seeing for the shipping cost (she did say it was high). I told her to go ahead and buy it and I would change the invoice to FCI $5.50 (cost per USPS website). She bought it and it was charging her $15 for shipping! I tried to change it, but it would not allow me to. So I had to have her cancel the transaction & I relisted it for her with the shipping cost changed. I immediately removed GSP off all of my listings. Thankfully, she received it quickly and left me great feedback & all 5's on DSR's!

I think (personally) this is going to open up a lot of negatives for HIGH shipping cost & Shipping Cost DSR's DINGED!

The weird thing is I don't know how they came up with the $15 charge for shipping - I did not have it as a calculated price - just a flat shipping (domestic) cost.

Betsy 🙂

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
Message 19 of 60
latest reply

The weird thing is I don't know how they came up with the $15 charge for shipping - I did not have it as a calculated price - just a flat shipping (domestic) cost.

Betsy 🙂

The shipping prices for the GSP are based on what it would cost you to ship the item out to the Global Shipping Center plus the Global Shipping Center's price to send it to the buyer. 

On top of that, there are "import charges" as a separate line item which are taxes/duties owing on the item plus various customs processing charges.

There have been quite a few threads on the GSP on the International Trading Board recently, although they've been pushed down by threads from sellers who were taken off-guard by the recent USPS international price increases and service changes.

In a nutshell, it's been concluded that the GSP appears to be best suited for items that are large, expensive and/or fraud-prone.  It's not a way to make international shipping any "easier" for anybody.  My impression is that the work involved in getting the item to the GSC is no less than what it would involve in sending the item under your own steam through the postal service unless getting the post office to pick-up your items is a big issue for you.

Something else to keep in mind with the GSP is that right now the list of eligible destination countries is quite limited and most of the countries on that list aren't ones that many sellers are going to see a lot of business from in the first place.

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

Betsy....are you saying that the shipping cost including the cost in the GSP was on your invoice? Or was your basic shipping cost there to ship the the shipping facility?

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

It would not let me get into the invoice (to the buyer) to even look at it - it has been several weeks since that happened. We canceled the transaction so I was not billed for the fees.

I have always been willing to try something new, but after the last to things I am done. I tried the auto returns - had a return almost immediately (item did not fit) and she had no idea how to do the return & I could not help her as I was not sure what she was saying. I opted out of that right away too - to me that is opening up a door for more buyers remourse. I am generally an optimist, but when it comes to E-bay I tend to be a glass 1/2 empty kinda gal.

Betsy

PS Did I answer your question Mint? Sorry, my brain has been on overload - I went back to work full time last week and I am learning a thing.

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
Message 22 of 60
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Chat/Has-Anyone-Had/5200131844

Who heads this warehouse?  Whose in charge down there in Kentucky?  I SOLD  some makeup to a canadian who bid on my listing i printed the postage to the address provided  to me which was  the warehouse in  KENTUCKY , what happened from there i do not know. but a month later i  get the item back, with no explanation, no thing, i had to return the buyers money back to her , for the postage and the item, and i paid money out of my paypal to ship it , and paid listing and final value fees. heres the bottom line< are they not responsIble ?  I did my duty i sent  it to them and then its their responsibility to get the package to her. the buyer had no clue and neither to IO what  HAPPENS WITH GLOBAL SHIPPING. I SHOULD BE REIMBURSED  AND THIS IS ABSURD IT TOOK A MONTH

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 23 of 60
latest reply

guyfromcanada
Enthusiast

This whole program should be shut down.  It's a joke.  Any seller who thinks it's an advantage is completely wrong.  

Just a way for the rich to get richer!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

Let me say something from a buyers view. This adds extra fees and charges  if we buy from the usa. I have not purchased items  using this money making scheme. To all sellers who wish to lose sales then keep this service. I have spent alot of cash  in the past,,but with these extra charges added ,,then will think twice.

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

I'm located in Canada.  This sounds like a FRAUD to me!

I've just cancel a purchase made in the USA on EBAY.  I make purchases from the USA for over 25+ years, member of Ebay since 1998 and importing from the USA most of the time...

GSP is FRAUD to me, it tries to charge for none existant duties!  First, there is no "DUTIES" on most of the things between Canada and the USA, thanks the the Free Trade Agreement of 1988...  Importing to Canada is simply the GST (general service tax) plus a few $ for Canada Post for providing the clearing house service.

EBAY GSP was calulating over 100% over the REAL cost!  On top of that, most of the time I get something by mail (USPS from USA) Canada Post won't even charnge me a thing...

SO WHY GSP?? BECAUSE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS MAKING $$$ FOR CHARGING MORE THEN NEEDED!!

All EBAY items I purchase on EBAY that offers this I will cancel my purchase.

I feel EBAY is doing something VERY BAD to their reputation, I would not have expected this from them!

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

MY BUYER NEVER GOT AN INVOICE FROM THEM.  I WAS UNABLE TO SEND MY BUYER AN INVOICE BEC. MY ITEM WAS ENROLLED IN THIS.  IT TURNED INTO A BIG MESS.  I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW I WAS GOING TO GET MY MONEY, MY BUYER WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE COST OF THE ITEM AND THOUGH IT SEEMED POSSIBLE IT WOULD NOT BE AS HIGH AS I HAD CALCULATED, OVERSEAS SHIPPING, WHEN I REALIZED HOW THIS WORKED, I KNEW MY BUYER WAS GOING TO FREAK OUT IF THE COST WENT EVEN A TINY BIT OVER WHAT SHE WAS ALREADY UNHAPPY ABOUT.  SINCE I HAD NO WAY TO GET THE SHIPPING COST MYSELF AND REVIEW IT FROM GLOBAL SHIPPING, AND OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS, AND EBAY WILL JUST TELL YOU IT'S ANOTHER COMPANY AND GIVE YOU A PHONE NUMBER, I'M OPTING OUT ALL AROUND UNTIL I KNOW MORE.  SPECIFICALLY IN SHIPPING OVERSEAS, IT'S SO EXPENSIVE ANYWAY, BUT TO GET A THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN THIS...MY FEW BUYERS WOULD LEAVE IN DROVES.  I WILL CONTINUE TO READ WHAT OTHERS SAY UNTIL I HAVE SOME SORT OF COMFORT ZONE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM.  UNTIL THEN, I'M OPTING OUT.  LYNNE IN FLORIDA

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

YOU DON'T EXPECT THAT FROM EBAY?  I EXPECT ANYTHING FROM EBAY.  I SUSPECT THEY ARE GETTING A PIECE OF THAT ACTION FROM THE GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM, TOO.  ANY COMPANY THAT CHARGES ME A COMMISSION ON POSTAGE IS A COMPANY THAT'S GOING TOO FAR TO MAKE THEIR SHAREHOLDERS HAPPY AND TO KEEP THEIR EMPLOYEES THINKING UP MORE CRAZY FINANCIALLY-DRAINING IDEAS FOR SELLERS.

Message 28 of 60
latest reply

IT'S A MESS, OPT OUT.

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

As others have pointed out that I am sure lots of American sellers do not realize , That lots of items that have taxes/duties collected from using the GSP (  now called ISP ) ,these items are not taxable .I just brought $100 door panels across the border (i live 20 minutes from the US border) and I was not charged duty or taxes , so the $10 item you list has no duty or  tax to be claimed .Basically by using this shipping service you are making Canadians pay for non existant taxes and duties.

I don't do normal.......
Message 30 of 60
latest reply