cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program..?

Anybody else receive this banner on their summary page?

My guess is I can ship internationally but my parcels go to a shipping center who then ship my parcel to the buyer?

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogramexport.html

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Its by invitation only.  You're one of the lucky ones!  I'd be interested, but was not invited 😞

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

rsto3129
Enthusiast

I wonder what it takes to get invited?

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

you have to be a trs and get dinged on your shipping costs.:^O

sorry mint...had to do it. 😉

Ignorance is bliss
Message 4 of 60
latest reply

I've looked at it, all I can say is careful... Buyers Terms & Conditions for eBay Global Shipping Program.

Your seller (“Seller”) has chosen to make certain items, which your Seller has listed on eBay.com, available for delivery outside of the United States through the Program (“GSP Item(s)”), along with certain parcel processing, domestic and international shipping, and customs clearance services (collectively, the “Services”) that are being offered to you by a third party global technology and shipping provider, Pitney Bowes Inc. (“Pitney Bowes”). The pricing that is displayed to you at checkout is inclusive of all shipping and import charges associated with these Services, as described further below.

So basically you are giving an eBay/PayPal authorized third party S&H service to act in your behalf... How's PayPal & eBay that you've given autorazation to act in your behalf been workin' for ya? The major issue I've seen with International S&H is late/non-delivery.

Pitney Bowes will arrange for the international shipment of your order from the U.S. Shipping Center by a third party shipping carrier (or carriers) to the delivery address designated by you. You and your Seller will be able to track the international shipment of your order from the United States to the designated delivery address within My eBay.

Finally... International tracking to the delivery address!!!!

So what's my issue? Read the following sections and you tell me:

3. Payment and Program Fees.

4. Lost, Damaged, or Undeliverable Items.

Way too much eBay/PayPal mubo-jumbo-legalese for me to believe eBay/PayPal finding in the sellers favor when their carrier charges the buyer a fee to get DC and it's not. I haven't had a single issue with USPS DC and I know some have, but it's cheap/free to US addresses.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 5 of 60
latest reply

rsto3129
Enthusiast

you have to be a trs and get dinged on your shipping costs.:^O

sorry mint...had to do it. 😉

Well heck, I should get invited then.

Come to think of it, maybe I did, and it was one of those messages I didn't read.

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

No, thank you.

I prefer to retain as much control as possible over the transaction, particularly where pricing and handling the item is concerned.  It's my money and reputation that's on the line.

I don't do fulfillment or drop shipping.  And so long as I have a choice, won't be doing the Global Shipping Program either.

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

My other seller account has it. I keep having to shrink it. It takes up way to much on the page. I wish I could give my invitation away!

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Hey, I get that banner all the time.

Also, when has evilBay come-up with an idea that was actually Good for You?

I'm sure it is good for them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 9 of 60
latest reply

rsto3129
Enthusiast

Also, when has evilBay come-up with an idea that was actually Good for You?

Uhmmm...Let me get back to you on that...when it happens.

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

And so it begins.

Announcement (08/23/12).> http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m11/i02/s03

Official announcement (11/02/12).> http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m11/i02/s03

First complaint I've seen on the boards 11/09/12).> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Global-Ship-And/5200116315

That didn't take very long.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 11 of 60
latest reply

I just spent almost an hour trying to opt out of this program, because I may have lost a sale to "Gibraltar", that country is not approved in this program.  The ebay customer service reps. don't seem to know much about this program either....I was finally able to revise my listings to remove this option, finally!....beware!

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

I just spent almost an hour trying to opt out of this program, because I may have lost a sale to "Gibraltar", that country is not approved in this program.  The ebay customer service reps. don't seem to know much about this program either....I was finally able to revise my listings to remove this option, finally!....beware!

Each individual listing has a option to lock or unlock the option. I bet however it can be very frustrating after you have already listed numerous items considering the "revise in bulk" doesn't support the removal option....once the items have already been listed.

Can you answer me a couple questions please Allierandy....?

1) Do you already have your buyer requirements set to block all non-U.S. buyers?

2) Do you have your PayPal set to block all non-U.S. currency?

This program only works efficiently if you have the above mentioned settings locked.....meaning even though the Global Shipping Program had the country "Gibraltar" sneak through...they shouldn't still be able to pay you if your PayPal settings are intact.

The Global Shipping Program is the only authorized subject to convert the funds into U.S. currency.....not your buyer.

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

No longer by invitation only, now pre-loaded in my listing..

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

that banner is the invitation.

some people have been opt in when they didn't opt in.

even when opt'd in,you don't have to use it or if you do,you can still sell to countries that the program doesn't ship to.

Message 15 of 60
latest reply