eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Get a $25 eBay Gift Card For Trying FreeShipping? NOT!

in reply to hondamedic

hondamedic wrote:

free.jpg

So, do you think I signed up for a 25 buck eBay gift card? Read on:

free2.jpg

Not without reading the fine print!

free3.jpg

So, if I sign up, buy items online in their 1500 store directory, pay S&H, and submit that charge I'm eligibile to get it reimbursed. Count me in! 

Not!http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.freeshipping.com

After the "free" trial period..... You guessed it! Wonder what eBay's cut is as they do nothing for free.

I found hidden charges on my credit card. I wonder if there were more. I called for a credit and to this date they have not refunded my money.

i never joined ,and ther in my bank account,they are steeling from me.

I don't recall joining. In fact, I'm sure I never would have. I NEVER ship anything, so I'd NEVER give my credit card number for a free 30-day trial nor any other such offer for "free" shipping. The credit card in question is a joint card, so it took 4 months of $12.97 charges to raise an eyebrow. My only possible method of recourse: This... review. And I'm not alone.... I quickly found several similar stories online by searching "freeshipping.com scam".

Free trial period is a scam - no refunds unless you are a paying subscriber. Don't do it!!!

Signed up for this site, sent in all the required paperwork, waited and waited, still nothing. Called the company and they refused (Crystal a supervisor) quite nastily, that it was my fault and that they would not refund my money, even though they never held up with their end of the bargain. SCAM!!! Don't use this site! Didn't even want my... rebate, just my money back for their scam of a website! Don't do it or you can be an unwilling fool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid the monthly fee and they cancelled all my cash back as the time they should pay for it. No monthly fee back, not cash back bonus back, no response.

I found a charge on my credit card from Freeshipping.com and had no idea what it was for or who they even were. It looked on the internet and found them. I have no idea how I got sighed up with them but I must have because they had my Credit card number. But when or where I signed up I have no idea. There definitely is something shady about... it so beware. I'm not a stupid person and I am a sober person and I can not figure out how this happened.

That being said, it's not worth it. Doesn't really save you that much money, takes forever for most checks to get back... to you, and the responsibilities are put on you. There are much better services out there.

THIS SITE IS A HUGE SCAM. You will unknowingly sign up for a charge thinking that you are making an online purchase. They are highly unethical.

I was offered $10 rebate after placing an order on rakuten.com IF I opened an account with freeshipping.com. Doesnt say ANYWHERE that it costs money or how much money it just asks for a credit card number!?!? **bleep**! How can you ask for a credit card number from someone before you EVER mention a charge/cost/fee or the amount????? to me that sounds... like a scam!!!!

I am a retired Police Lieutenant who just got ripped off by this scam. I am looking for someone to file a class action suit against this company. If I do not get my money back in full I am going to bring an action against these thiefs.

I am having to change my single bank account card so these idiots can not charge anything to me. All this will be done prior to me attempting to cancel before the 30-day subscription is over. Take that! Dirty Rotten Scam Artists!!

Horrible! I am suprised anyone actually likes this website! ITS BOLOGNE!!!!

Too expensive. Also, I hate auto-renewal sites. Wasted a lot of money with them. Would never sign up again.

Not worth it. After paying the fees each month, you barely save $2. Plus, you have to stay on top of them. They take forever to send checks. Customer service is poor. Amazon prime is the way to go.

Clearly, this is a SCAM website. Never got my advertised rebate. Stay away!

I signed up for the free trial and they charge me $12.97; When I called them, they answered me in a really rude way. 

Absolute scam!!!!!!! Does not work. I signed up for a free 30 day trial. At the first day made a purchase thought their web site and claimed the shipping refunds, as they advertise you should do. 30 days ( 4 weeks) past by, I did not get anything they promised !!!!!! I canceled my membership. Garbage website.

Horrible service. Lost over $100 in rebates for shipping I could have done. They offered a 25 gift card for signing up but never gave it to me. 

I was charged 5 times by this company (IC FREESHIPPING.COM, May also appear as: IC *FREESHIPPING.COM) at $11.97, my total is $60 the company without my authorization kept my credit card on file and charged me every month! I used free shipping only once. I asked to reimburse me, the company refused to do it. 

They are keep charging to my credit card. I don't know why and I don't say to do it

SCAAAAAAAAM. Totally no bueno. Looked totally innocent at first, but then they tried to get my credit card info. Red flag alert! I did some research before I gave them anything else, and I'm extremely glad I did. Forget this place!!

I had an awful experience- I thought I would give them a try- but after spending over an hour on the phone today to get my lousy $10 - it definitely was not worth it.

FRAUD. What a waste of money...you are tricked into thinking you are getting some free promo, then you get billed the $12 per month. For what? Most websites offer free shipping. Case in point.. today, 12/16/11 offers free shipping and 

We have received multiple charges from "IC freeshipping.com" which we never signed up for. We have no idea how these charges ever first started appearing on our credit card. They are for 14.97 each and were missed a few times by us since we use our credit cards for everything. This company is a total SCAM stay away from them!!!

I had charge on my credit card from the website listed in this review; when I questioned the charge, I was told via an email that I had signed up for a membership for FreeShipping.com for an offer to get a free shipping rebate for an order placed with SportsFanfare.com - I told them I had never placed an order with or visited the SportsFanfare.com,... and I asked FreeShipping.com to refund the $95.88 to my credit card. THEY NEVER RESPONDED. I HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD BECAUSE OF THIS.

This is the biggest SCAM on earth! My mother thought she was getting a rebate of $10 for shipping from a high end clothier instead was charged &89 for a service she didn't even know existed. Shame on the clothier for even putting this information on their invoices implying that the customer is getting a rebate from them and not a third... party scammer. We need to stop these kine of internet traps.

DO NO SIGN UP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! Be warned. Do not fall for their free shipping gimmick. They just sign you up for an automatically recurring monthly fee "service" called freeshipping.com. A total gimmick. They ask for your credit card information to "refund your shipping" and then after you enter it they tell you you'll be charged... monthly for some lame "service" you'll never use. BTW their monthly fee was more than even my one time shipping charge would have been. I still haven't been able to stop them from charging me!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ldsjohnny1

when you go to check out on ebay before you get to paypal there is a box for giftcard and promo codes. enter your giftcard number in that box and apply it. it will save your balance for later too when you buy something else.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to elliebean12

hi I got the 25 gift card too, but how do I use it? :-)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

This is not a scam. you just have to make sure you cancel your trial membership. you do not HAVE to buy a bunch of stuff. i get stuff on ebay all the time so i just had to prove that i bought SOMETHING (even if it was only a couple bucks) and then i cancelled my membership and i got the giftcard in the mail about 3 weeks later.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

I followed their directions and immediately submitted the proof of  purchase required for the claimm of the gift card. I then waited about two weeks before cancelling the actual membership ... that was about a month ago , yesterday , I got a true and legit ebay gift card for 25 dollars in the mail just as promised...

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to lentil-beadcaps-and-mink

Welcome to The Part Timers Forum lentil-beadcaps-and-mink, neat ID! Glad we could help!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
lentil-beadcaps-and-mink
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

WOW! Read your post...THANK YOU! I thought..."thought"...eBay was giving me a $25 gift card for OFFERING free shipping on my eBay sales. (?) WONDERED why I had to provide credit card info while just signing up for something free. Hugs, Jani

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to komokwa

They joined the forums today my friend...See the pic in my post..

I've been an eBay member since '98, I've been an eBay forum member since '05...

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

what do you mean he joined today?

Feedback rating: 294
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Jan-25-05 in United States

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to old_man_arthur

dustin87nc wrote:

I also go my gift card.  I tried free shipping during Christmas and after the trial I forgot to cancel they charged my credit card but I emailed and they refunded the monthly charge back to my acct.  A short time later I received a check for shipping I had paid and a day or so later I received the $25 ebay gift card. I had no idea they did that.

Hi Dustin and welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

So let's see, you joined today:

Dustin1.jpg

And you jumped right in five minutes later to tell us you got your $25 gift certificate you had no idea about on a forum you never seen on a thread you never read? FANTASTIC!

Turnip_Truck

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

I also go my gift card.  I tried free shipping during Christmas and after the trial I forgot to cancel they charged my credit card but I emailed and they refunded the monthly charge back to my acct.  A short time later I received a check for shipping I had paid and a day or so later I received the $25 ebay gift card. I had no idea they did that.

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Always remember, If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

My experience tells me that ANYTHING that looks like a good deal here is a SCAM.

Be Warned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

hi

how did you get yours

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Another freebee!

free

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to empressofthestarz

Find Post #12 and follow instructions.

Please use plain text.
empressofthestarz
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I never received my eBay gift card.  They are saying it was sent out on the 11th but it never arrived

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to hondamedic

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

& don't think for a second that the info they gather will not be used at some point to target market to you thru your mobile device.

Attention K-mart Shoppers......on yer phone or tablet !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

Wally World?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lordsboy

ok this is a different promotion for this one you have to make a purchase at walmart.com or kmart.com or elsewhere (no minimum) to get the card sorry

Please use plain text.