eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

donnabean42
Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to auctionlister

I agree, I used to do decent and now you are lucky if you sell anything. So frustrating just terrible and usually this time of year they used to be pretty good. I think they have lost lots of ebay sellers/buyers with all the changes they made that turned a large portion of  the buyers/sellers away. What a shame

Please use plain text.
auctionlister
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Honestly I belive that EB is pushing out all the mom and pop sellers. We rely heavily on our income from EB. We have accepted the high fees and the non support for sellers. We are no longer relevant on EB. In the last 30 days with over 100 items I have tracked less than 800 views. We also have an account with Etsy...as of last night 10/23 we had nearly 3000 views on our items. We have branched out to other platforms to sell on the internet. 

I think EB is going to loose a huge income base when the mom and pop shops all close up. I believe these shop owners will no longer sell or buy with EB. I firmly believe that its not our fault folks...I believe EB is to blame for poor to nothing sales...

Sincerely,

Bummed out....

Please use plain text.
dr-pal-x
Community Member

in reply to pugmation
What happened to eBay. My sales has dropped from £600 a day to around £50 a day. Meaning from around 100 orders per day to now only between 5-10 orders per day. It will be making me bankcrupt soon. Any idea what is going on. Not to mentione i am a top rated seller as well.
Please use plain text.
dinwirand
Community Member

in reply to hiddentreasureseverywhere

You cant GIVE away new dvd's right now. What happened in the past 6 months so significat that you cant sell them? Has everyone went to high priced internet movies?

JETT-LOGO.png
Please use plain text.
hiddentreasureseverywhere
Community Member

in reply to slocode111

I heard my phone go ka-ching last night and looked at my girlfriend (who sells too) and said "What was that?". Thats how long it had been since I made a sale. 

Please use plain text.
hiddentreasureseverywhere
Community Member

in reply to annespremierskincare27

Within the last month I saw a post from someone who tracked a cycle of five days good and then a sharp falloff. This poster believes that ebay "feeds" us leads for a certain time frame and then we are bumped for a time. My sales have been abysmal for three days, but they were "off the chain" for about 10 days running. All of my items are BIN w FREE shipping. I am not unhappy, but always get a bit distraught when one of these "cycles" begins. Take heart! Things will get better again if you give great CS and are grateful for the good days!

I used to sell around $200 per day, consistently. Maybe one day $125 and the next $250 but an average of around $200...consistently. Now I am all over the place. I have 3-4 days of $60-$125 sales and then BOOM $700 and then right back in the toilet. It's ironic that others are seeing the same cycle. You can't tell me that this is a natural buying trend or related to the economy. This is because our listings are tucked away and hidden from those who are searching/buying and then all of the sudden we get massive exposure.  

Another poster mentioned how weekends now suck for them and used to be good. I too have found that over the last month or two the weekend has been dead but weekdays are better....which is the exact opposite of years past. I have been selling on here 6 years full time and over 12 years total and don't know what to make of this.  I have come to the conclusion that the search algorithims ebay uses are flawed or this is an intentional move on their part, to what end I don't know.  To say I am frustrated would be a major understatement. Is it too much to ask to have my listings displayed when someone types in a keyword in my title? This best match business and their majorly flawed search algorithims need to go, lets get back to the original Ebay where you typed in a keyword and you saw all the listings with that keyword in the title. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to pugmation
Within the last month I saw a post from someone who tracked a cycle of five days good and then a sharp falloff. This poster believes that ebay "feeds" us leads for a certain time frame and then we are bumped for a time. My sales have been abysmal for three days, but they were "off the chain" for about 10 days running. All of my items are BIN w FREE shipping. I am not unhappy, but always get a bit distraught when one of these "cycles" begins. Take heart! Things will get better again if you give great CS and are grateful for the good days!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to designerawesome

"and eBay's never-ending war on seller ratings has sent us running" - amen to that. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beachandfaith

Your not the only one having the same issue (s). Many of us have been delt the blow of the economy and this is what's left. If your just selling off things that you don't need, then remain calm..IF your selling to support yourself or your family then remail calm.:smileywink: Keep your head, work smarter not harder....Try a different approach to selling and see where that will lead you.. I've had to change my selling style many times and will continue to do so.  Always ask on this board and you will always get help from someone . I for one have enjoyed reading many articles from full time and part time sellers across the country. Each brings a little bit of knowledge to the table and hopefuly you will walk away with a better idea on what is happening to you .  Good Luck with future buyers...:smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beachandfaith

Are you a part time hobby seller?  Then you shouldn't sweat.  If this is your full time business then you need to fret.  I am a part timer, working, and doing this as a hobby business.  I can't live off of Ebay.  I don't sweat it anymore and just sit back and enjoy.

My issue was/is how do I sell things that are NOT selling (like leather coats). 

beachandfaith wrote:

I am so discouraged. It seems there is no exposure and it seems to happen mostly on weekends which used to be so busy for me on ebay. Is ebay having problems with this? Am I the only one?

Please use plain text.
beachandfaith
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

I am so discouraged. It seems there is no exposure and it seems to happen mostly on weekends which used to be so busy for me on ebay. Is ebay having problems with this? Am I the only one?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to argsarasota

I agree.  We shouldn't be so hard on EBAY because all retailers & banks are fighting a cyber war.  WHERE is the consumer going to buy stuff if they don't want to use their credit card because of cyberattacks?

argsarasota wrote:

Has anyone considered the fact that American businesses are being pounded right now by DOS and other cyberattacks?

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

in reply to argsarasota

I just sold something but it's been so long that I'll have search the community to figure out how to mail it.

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
argsarasota
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Has anyone considered the fact that American businesses are being pounded right now by DOS and other cyberattacks?

Please use plain text.
glotery3
Community Member

in reply to salmondu3

JUST GOT THIS EMAIL FROM EBAY

OUR BIGGEST GLOBAL
CAMPAIGN IS LIVE
And it shows consumers that whatever inspires
them can be instantly shoppable on eBay
The campaign even features Electronics
It is designed to drive more traffic to eBay sellers
Get ready for more buyers—start listing now

Then they give you a link to watch the ad

http://pages.ebay.com/shoptheworld/

i am not sure if this is TV or internet ad but seems ebay is investing money to bring in new shopers

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to liw48

Well we are specifically talking about sales in the last week.  It was really good and normal about a week and a half ago.  Now somethings up.  I'm not even getting hits to my ads

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 123-fitnessgal
All retailers sales are down. Walmart, Penny, Sears, all of them. I have a theory that more working people are rediscovering thrift stores and dollar stores. I was at thrift stores this past week and they were packed with people. The biggest competition to the big-name retailers & EB/A*Z are the thrifts and rummage sales.
Even A*Z is feeling hurt because look at what they're doing now: they're going to start opening stores.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 123-fitnessgal

If you notice, all the retailers are "down".  It should explain why things are slow online too.  Look at A*Z, they're going into manuf'ing phones and other devices and even opening stores.  Gotta get those sales up.

Here's my take on it: Thrift stores.  People have re-discovered thrift stores and/or the Dollar Store.  I was in the thrift stores the past weeks and they are packed.  I mean people are spending money like crazy, and I don't mean Salvation Army stores.  In Chicago we have Unique and Village Outlet and they are packed with people. Rummage sales also are packed with people.

The Dollar Store has long lines.

So, we just have to suck it up for the moment and hope things turn around and people will start making money (higher wages) and go into the retailers.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to glotery3

They are crazy slow!!

Please use plain text.
glotery3
Community Member

in reply to salesabration

Sales are so slow that i will not be able to pay my seller fees this month. We are in the middle of Oct things should be picking up at least they were last year at this time. So as far as i am concerced i think we are all in trouble

Please use plain text.