eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to spdrwb52

ebay is soon to become NO BAY  when you lose all the sellers you will also lose all your buyers

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

spdrwb52 wrote:

I

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to glamshoetique

I agree, nothing from nothing is still nothing.  The big zero is what I have to show for this year. Each month I keep going further down the rabbit hole.  I must say that I have never seen it this bad. I feel your pain and others who are trying so hard to bring something in the door. Watching the events worldwide is going to be the best resource that you can give yourself when it comes to future sales. I really don't see much action (for myself only) over the next four months. Yes the market is going up,but the Bull will come to be the Bear, or the Bear will become the Bull. Either way as it's been stated many times before, the "sellers", "consumers" and the "workers" are the main life lines to the world events. Erase one or all will have very negative results. As always I wish you good will and good auctions and hope that each and all of us will one day have more than 1 auction per month. Take care..:smileyhappy:    

Please use plain text.
glamshoetique
Community Member

in reply to collectibles8899

yes, for the past 10 days or so traffic  has been zilch really. On a normal Monday, I ship anywhere from 10-20 items out (last summer it was more like 40-50 on a Monday). Last Monday I shipped 2 ebay packages and 1 for an amazon customer. Ebay has always been my main source of income as opposed to amazon. But this is killing me. I have depleted my savings to pay bills over the past few months. I really do not understand this.

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

in reply to collectibles8899

It may help, in the future, to put a "Contact Me" or "Ask me a question" link into your description that opens a blank eBay message screen. That way shoppers & buyers would be able to contact you directly  without having to go through the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of the page which has many pre-set options that often, accidentally, open cases. 

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
collectibles8899
Community Member

in reply to z34ohio

Sellers are eBay's buyer. Has eBay ever treat ebay's buyers as good as eBay treating your buyers ?  SELLERS ON EBAY ARE THE ONE PAYING EBAY . NOT BUYERS ON THE EBAY.

Please use plain text.
collectibles8899
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

Yap . Has been on eBay over 10 years. This time is really feels the death of sale . Specially after AUG 20TH 2014 this week.

Please use plain text.
collectibles8899
Community Member

in reply to tbestco

6 cases from last year were opened by mistake, all resolved perfectly with my happy buyers but just defected my top rate this month.

One case just opened , which buyer opened by mistake as he was just looking to contact me to learn about how to operate the item. Then , I finally found out if my buyers want to contact me , the eBay website will automatically ask buyer to open case before thay can contact me. One case just opened by the buyer. Buyer hurried and closed the case for me , he even contacted eBay not to punish me. I called eBay and waited forever to finally talk to someone. THE ANSWER IS : SORRY , CAN NOT DO ANYTHING. CASE HAD ALREADY BEEN OPENED AND CLOSED. So , another defect counted.   Well ......... Good Luck to every sellers on eBay.

Please use plain text.
glamshoetique
Community Member

in reply to theguitarpartsguy

I too tried Bonanza...no traffic...horrible.

Please use plain text.
glamshoetique
Community Member

in reply to lavishskincare

Your situation sounds identical to mine...down 50-70% since last year...can barely pay my bills and I have tried to one by one edit all of my listings to be sure item specifics are added and all of that **bleep**...to NO AVAIL...something has to give.

Please use plain text.
glamshoetique
Community Member

in reply to psiluvu1

My top rated seller status will be lost next month too. My sales are barely enough for me to pay expenses and my own bills. I use the ebay app and it is rare that I ever hear the "cha-ching". Summer is my best time to sell and even give away prices and markdowns arent bringing buyers. At the advice of some sellers in regard to cassini, I went thru and re-did all of my listings...I spent a week working 8 hours a day only revising and relisting items....for what?? Nothing. I am beyond frustrated. I have a warehouse I pay rent and utilities for as well as my own bills and ebay and amazon are my only source of income since my position was eliminated 2 years ago. But on the home page ebay loves to boast about the family who survives on ebay to support their family...I wonder how they are doing at this point and how old that story is

Please use plain text.
glamshoetique
Community Member

in reply to sunrise0072013

I called Ebay twice about the slow down and twice about the new rating system. I questioned them about the cassini search and why we weren't told what it enatails, I also questioned slow sales. I am literally down 60-70% from last year and I have MORE inventory. They did admit the securtity breach hurt but denied an issue with google which is bull. Anyone can google a common item sold on ebay and see it doesn't come up in google! I have been told conflicting info between different reps and the ebay facebook page responses. I am in bad shape as far as selling goes. I tried bonanza out and it just isn't working. Their customer service is lacking as well as buyers. I have been top rated for a while now and am about to lose that only because of the new stupid rating/defect system. Ebay just keeps pushing sellers away. I do believe they are gearing up to gradually only have big sellers. Such a shame because after my position was eliminated at my job, I invested my entire savings into selling on ebay...granted, not overnight, but the potential WAS there and now here we are...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

There are quite a few reasons that I have read about this. First and foremost almost a few hundred million accounts were compromised because of Ebay and now there is a huge class action lawsuit against them. They decided to wait a few months before they told anyone. That lost them ALOT of buyers. It also did not look good that the CEO had dumped all his Ebay stocks recently which has alarmed both sellers and buyers. I just read that Bonanza is trying to heavily compete with Ebay and is putting much more money into their advertising than Ebay has. And perhaps some of the biggest news is that sellers who were scammed by buyers (and Ebay sided with the buyers) and lost alot of money, as of now were clearded by a few judges in seperate lawsuits both in July and August to sue Ebay in class action lawsuits. This is HUGE for sellers that have been scammed by Ebay (it happened to me on another account) because if these people win their lawsuits everyone and I mean EVERYONE who was scammed by a buyer and Ebay sided with them will be able to sue and bankrupt this company. Yes, they are very frightened about this. The other reason, try googling in an item that would pop up on Ebay under google. Doesn't happen anymore nor will it. Same CEO's that run Amazon run Google. Good way to kick off your competition.  All of this has happened to Ebay since March and it is having a Domino effect. Some sellers have been successful at taking Ebay to small claims court. Google in the fellow who was scammed by selling a buyer his wife's Iphone and the buyer sent back something that wasn't what he had sent the buyer. Of course Ebay sided with the scammer, this guy sued for the money he lost and court expenseds and won. You can sue Ebay in any state (Long Arm Statute) that they do business in which is all of them. If you sue I don't think they would be stupid enough to send a lawyer to your state over a thousand dollar item when they know they are wrong. Ebay is going the way of the Roman Empire.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to pugmation

One of my biggest issues is that they have no online contact.  I found a issue with a group of listing.. clearly a ebay issue not a seller issue.. which causes a top-rated seller with the lowest price item to get overlooked by buyers.. (only for certain categories/search methods) Yet I have to call them to report it... so I'm not calling & wasting my time.  They've had the same issue for a few years now.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ellsworthpratt

My sales have been virtually nothing all summer. I see many E-bay sellers who come into my brick and mortar store to drop off boxes and get supplies. They are all saying the same thing. Everyone I talk to is disgusted with the new rating system. How can someone like me who has had 100% positive and not a single negative feedback and 5 stars  all the way across for a full 7 years now be in danger of being restricted? This system makes no sense. E-bay wants to get rid of small sellers. I have news for them. I am also a buyer and if they continue this I will end my E-bay store and I will also stop as a buyer as well. I will NEVER use PayPal for anything. Also as a stock investor I would never put any money in their stock because they will be going down the tubes. We as good sellers need to move to other venues like Amazon, E-bid, Etsy, and Bonanza to conduct business. One large local E-bay seller is working on making a local selling website just for our city. If the good sellers band together and move elsewhere E-bay will be left in our dust.

Please use plain text.
sweethomealabama112011
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to thegoodybag5278

Ebay and Paypal fees are so high also for sellers. Yes it has been slow for me too.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
psiluvu1
Community Member

in reply to xpalido

I've been selling for 11 years and they told me the same thing. My rating will fall next month. Sales for the last 3 years have been bad, but lately sales have fallen to almost nothing! Not sure what to do at this point.

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

in reply to mr_mens_wear

I just transfered $100 from PP to my bank. This was the first and probably the only PP to Bank transfer for August. Sales are picking up but it doesn't seem like a trend yet.

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

Went from 17-20 grand a month to 10-12. Worst ebay year ever. Very sad..

Please use plain text.
thegoodybag5278
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

are u doing drop shipping?

Please use plain text.