eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

old_man_arthur
Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to eliteautomobile

eliteautomobile wrote:
Alibaba is 11 main and look at their site half the stuff is fake chinese knock offs

My HP computer was made in China.

My Dell monitor was made in China.

My HP printer/scanner was made in China.

My Vizio TV was made in China.

As was my alarm clock, microwave oven, and my coffee maker.

Define Fake Chinese Knock-off.

Just sayin'... :smileyvery-happy::smileylol::smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

It is VERY slow. I have had only  4 sales this month. I bet all the sign on issues contributed to this slump. I cannot get into my account now and have had many times this month this has happened. Of course, according to ebay, all the issues have been resolved and only lasted for a few hours. I want some of what they are smoking.

Please use plain text.
nsboysales
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

same here aug to sept sales off, way off.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jjt219

I have no idea whats going on, come Monday morning i use to have a car load of stuf to take to the post office, now i can carry it all in a Walmart grocery bag.  Even the guy at the post office asked me what happened?  Even the people with the lowest price for the same items isn't selling, but people are buying in record numbers on the Shopping channels like HSN & QVC.  Guess we are not selling items they want anymore?  Another thing is a lot of people i have spoken to, are afraid to buy items from Ebay due to experiences with bad sellers.  Just one bad experience can ruin it for everybody.

Please use plain text.
jjt219
Community Member

in reply to pugmation
Add me to the list. My sales are extremely slow. I don't remember them ever being this slow. Of course a ton of watchers, but I don't even care about that part anymore. I'm selling a thing here and there, but not anything like I'm sure to. I had a better July and August than September. Nothing we can do about it. Just joining the club
Please use plain text.
eliteautomobile
Community Member

in reply to caffine-kid
Alibaba is 11 main and look at their site half the stuff is fake chinese knock offs
Please use plain text.
caffine-kid
Community Member

in reply to slocode111

slocode111 wrote:

old_man_arthur wrote:

So, are we all gonna be switching to Ali Ba Ba soon?

Alibaba is an international business to business (B2B) website. Their new consumer to consumer venue is called taobao (means "buried treasure"). Should be here very soon to snipe eBay sellers and buyers alike.

They are soon to roll out their new IPO.......that's when the fun begins !

Actions speak louder than words........ just not here!
Please use plain text.
eliteautomobile
Community Member

in reply to pugmation
No sales in a week on ebay never had a flat week befor.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gorgom2000

I have lowered some of my items as well, and have the same results....O....This has been a very bad 2 months and I'm just wondering what the last 3 months will bring to us all. IF this goes on for the rest of the year, I will pull my items and close my account...One can not make money on this type of system. There will be no getting mad, or wishing ill will toward ebay,pay pal, or any other structure . This appears to be something that is to big to be corrected and I do not have the time to waste on these policy changes every few months. I had a good run for about 15 months and now it has dried up for me. I wish good fortune to those that stay and hope that it will change to the better for all.  I've made some good friends and will continue to visit every now and then, but unless things turn themselves around, then closing my auction sales is the only positive action that I can take.........very sad indeed......:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
myansar
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

this superbbbb true!!

Please use plain text.
myansar
Community Member

in reply to eliteautomobile

Problem it been at USA 3 week for what? 4 day to take from seller to KY is accepeted

But been at KY For 3 week ??? this nonsense at all like they want archived quota then ship it 

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to myansar

GSP will = less sales out of the USA....

oh...+ lots of frustration

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
myansar
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

I used GSP the shiping is turtle slow...
I dont know why my item stuck at Kentucky more then 8 days 16/09/2014 still now not outward from US 

Relly frustated buy so exp for shiping but get slow shiping like hell

Please use plain text.
myansar
Community Member

in reply to genursery

MY Item used GSP stupid program till today my ship stuck at KY don't know what heppen is been 8 days

Please use plain text.
eliteautomobile
Community Member

in reply to shooze4us
WE opened a sears selling account and sales are very good. Ebay has been flat hardly any sales over on the river they have slowed too. Only guess I have for sears is buyers may be useing sears and Kmart credit cards?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 123-fitnessgal

This is what I did according to this situation:

- I lowered my price

- I lowered my shipping (how? took some shipping cost from my item's price, so the buyer only pay half of the shipping..it hurts)

and this is what I got after a couple of weeks :

nothing..still the same zero sales like before. and then I wonder why.

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to old_man_arthur

old_man_arthur wrote:

Alibaba is an international business to business (B2B) website. Their new consumer to consumer venue is called taobao (means "buried treasure"). Should be here very soon to snipe eBay sellers and buyers alike.

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to old_man_arthur

Well.....we've all been asking for a new place to go...........................so?????

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to billyboyboo123

billyboyboo123 wrote:

I believe one of the reasons Ebay's buyers have left is because, the seller has to raise prices in order to profit off their items. Ebay isn't exactly cheap either. The fees can become ridiculous. I personally know several people who have stopped selling on Ebay, because they couldn't profit like they wanted. 

The buyers think the sellers are a bit expensive, but what they don't know is, the sellers have to be expensive, in order to pay Ebay fees, PayPal fees, shipping fees and still make a profit.

If I don't start picking up. I'm going to sell somewhere else. It's became ridiculous. Ebay's fees aren't helping at all either. 

Every month, I pay a whopping chunk of my money to Ebay. I wish they would lower their fees, but greed won't let them. Which, they only hurt themselves in the longrun.... sadly!

As far as being competitive on eBay....

I have mentioned in other posts that a Seller must account for the 14% that goes to eBay.

Unless you are selling items that you have gotten for FREE, it is hard to make a profit while keeping prices low.

------------

Alibaba

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
shooze4us
Community Member

in reply to damseldoll2
I'm seeing this too! Don't really know what to do however this is my only source of income so I'm worried. I have never relisted so many items before. I worked corporate for 30 years and might have to go back! I love running my own business I just wish eBay would do something to help us..... Lower the fees, something!!!
Please use plain text.