• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
psiluvu1
Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to xpalido

I've been selling for 11 years and they told me the same thing. My rating will fall next month. Sales for the last 3 years have been bad, but lately sales have fallen to almost nothing! Not sure what to do at this point.

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

in reply to mr_mens_wear

I just transfered $100 from PP to my bank. This was the first and probably the only PP to Bank transfer for August. Sales are picking up but it doesn't seem like a trend yet.

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

Went from 17-20 grand a month to 10-12. Worst ebay year ever. Very sad..

Please use plain text.
thegoodybag5278
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

are u doing drop shipping?

Please use plain text.
thegoodybag5278
Community Member

in reply to slocode111
Thanks Hope after labor day things will pick up
Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

in reply to thegoodybag5278

thegoodybag5278 wrote:

is this just this time of year, or do things get better?

I think that we have about reached the beginning of the end of the slow season.

Do or will things get better? Maybe, Maybe not!

"Trickle Down" encnomic policy may have worked in the 40s when money trickled down in the form factories & jobs & wage increases. The only thing that trickles down these days is debt. Debt in the form of collateralized debt obligations, predatory mortages, acquitions, & take overs. So far this year about 80% of all money loaned to home owners by banks was for re-finance loans and not for first mortages. The equity in peoples homes seems to be trickling up! Many smart people know that this is an insupportable economic model but many smart people are looking the other way and many are going broke. Thanks Mr. Greenspan.

----------------------------------------------------o00o---°(_)°--o00o----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
thegoodybag5278
Community Member

in reply to 2bastarr

is this just this time of year, or do things get better?

Please use plain text.
2bastarr
Community Member

in reply to treasures4everyone

I am reading post on ebay sales being low. I have been sellingn for 13 years and this is the WORST it has ever been. I do not know the reason as I have tried all kinds of marketing strategies to make sales but it just does not happen. I have moved my NIB inventory to Amazon and I am doing good. I would like to stay loyal to eBay but there is no money in this anymore. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ics101

Very slow sales the last few months! = Whats up 

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to xpalido
@xpalido 
xpalido wrote:
I started ebay selling about a year ago to have fun and maintain my hobby. I carefully built up my feedback, provided great service, reached top rated only to find out a year later that on August 20 that all meant Sh..** and I will be Below Standard. Go figure

I am responding to this message on a new topic which will be called eBay-and-goodwill.

Please use plain text.
xpalido
Community Member

in reply to zeronullity
I started ebay selling about a year ago to have fun and maintain my hobby. I carefully built up my feedback, provided great service, reached top rated only to find out a year later that on August 20 that all meant Sh..** and I will be Below Standard. Go figure
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zeronullity

I AM AN OLD GUY AND I REMEMBER NAMES LIK A&P,MONTGOMERY WARD, NATIONAL TEA,STUDEBAKER,PONTIAC,OLDSMOBILE AND MANY OTHERS.  YOU CAN NEVER GET TOO BIG TO FAIL.

Please use plain text.
viragoslide
Community Member

in reply to pugmation
Just checking in to see how everybody likes their new job working for ebay? It's great I get to work 80 hours a week and I get to pay ebay lots and lots of money. All I have to do is call in everyday and listen to them tell me everything's alright then once a month I just have to pay a thousand dollars. Best job I ever had. I also get to loose all kinds of stuff! I hope it lasts forever. They have this new DSR Dead Sales Review I think that's what it stand for that will take me from making thirty percent in eBay and paypal salary and kick in an extra 20% from ebay. Been a while since I've had a twenty percent raise! I've been so broke till you saved the day.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to pugmation

I can deal with slightly less sales.. what I can't deal with is this DSR, open case system, & high fees.. You can get dinged even though your feedback is positive or a buyer opens a case and you resolve it even though it's not your fault..  i.e. You ship a package it shows that it's delievered but buyer says he didn't get it, the shipping company & tracking # says he did. Buyers are not even required to message the seller to work it out first it's only "suggested" by eBay. Sure if you can prove it wasn't your fault or if a buyer did it for some reason they shouldn't you might get a CS to take the ding off.. but how much time do you have to waste for that?

And yes people who have deep pockets & high eBay income seem to have special treatment. You see a seller with like feedback of 95%-97% selling 100's of thousands, even millions of dollars worth of stuff. Yet a person with 100% feedback and a few thousand a year in sales almost has his account deleted or at least limited where he can't sell ****.  And then the next month he's top rated seller... seriously what the bleep bleep is that. Percentage wise & ethically it's bleepin bleep.

Please use plain text.
slocode111
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to z34ohio

z34ohio wrote:

ebay will not have any buyers if all the sellers quit selling !!

That's not likely to ever happen! Don't forget that there exists a class of favored sellers who eBay caters to, lots of back door agreements and negotiated terms with corporations and other players.

Please use plain text.
z34ohio
Community Member

in reply to therichards06

ebay will not have any buyers if all the sellers quit selling !!

Please use plain text.
magyar5615
Community Member

in reply to rajdomains

I checked some off eBay discussion boards... people are indicating plans to leave in droves to sell else where....

right now I have been jumping thru all of the hoops to be a good seller, and am wondering does it even matter???

If China is going to be eBays new baby, and they are spoon feeding it info on what people are searching for -- even FAKE VINTAGE, then what chance does a seller with actual vintage items have???

this is all very disturbring...

Please use plain text.
magyar5615
Community Member

in reply to 10191dune

I just noticed that I am paying fees on using ebay discount shipping.... literally just was going over my numbers and was like what is this???   Not pleased, esp. knowing sellers in China are being encouraged to manufacture fake vintage and other junk and sell it here in massive quantities with horrid feedback...and they get free shipping or close to it is US with eBay sanctioned and negotiated ePackets... having a moment here and wondering what the heck!!??

And slow is not even the word for it... this is like is eBay even showing up in any SEO results???? 

Please use plain text.
therichards06
Community Member

in reply to m60drvr

Along with the slow sale I am getting just **bleep**py buyers. What is going on. E-bay really don't seem to care as long as they have buyers.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to pugmation

And another serious question.. what happens if you can't login to your account for some reason. How are you suppose to contact customer service without the customer pin#? Can you dial the same # and speak to a rep without a pin #? (I personally haven't tried) And if so are they allowed to verify your account & help you without a pin#?

Please use plain text.