cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create and edit existing shipping policies, payment policies and return policies

Hi Guys,

I am trying to either edit and create a new shipping policy but it will not let me and displays....

You can't get started with business policies right now. We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you.

I don't think I've had this problem before.. Now if I go create a new listing, then the same thing occurs. Now then.. Is there any place where I can edit or create new shipping policies? How am I suppose to update my shipping costs if I cannot edit it. 

In fact, I cannot even edit Payment and return policy as well. The very same message appears.

If anyone could please enlighten me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Cannot create and edit existing shipping policies, payment policies and return policies

Hello, patsy ~ Did you read the link that lovethose49ers supplied in post #5 above?

I have read that this is an ongoing and common problem ~ seems that some sellers that received the policies have noticed that they have been taken away ~ poof, they just disappeared.  Others are caught in a limbo state, they are still there, but the edit feature won't work.

Wish I had a more definitive answer for you, but I don't.  I have never received the Business Policies on my seller ID.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I had actually tried that page before I read the posts in this topic.

I have no manage my business policies link, and I could only find a way to opt in, not out.  When I followed the opt in link, I just got the boiler plate.

Thanks!

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Woops, I am using my friend's computer and didn't realize I had his login.

Last response by hankbates was mine.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I appear to have solved the problem by changing my account type to a business account.  When I started having this problem, it was neither, and when I made it "individual" it didn't help.  Once I changed to business, I now have access to change the defaults.

Too bad the CSR I called had no knowledge of this.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Glad you were able to get it fixed. Thanks for the new info, hopefully it will benefit others.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.co.uk/businesspolicy/policyoptin

For those who could not opt in or out or change anything and had the error message: Opt in using this link and then you can opt out immediately after selecting "try now"

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

SOLUTION: Call eBay. I ran into this same problem. eBay would not allow me to edit or create new shipping policies. When i went to business policies under my acount, I received  a message that business poicies were not avalable to me. So after reading numerous threads of this issue with no help in a resolution I decided to, wait for it.....pick up the phone and call eBay. At first i was told that i was not opted into the business policies program and that is why i could not edit or create a new shipping policy. So im left thinking ok that is great ebay but then how in the world do I specifiy my shipping rates?? There was no longer the option to choose calculated or flat shipping. I was stuck.  

After some back and forth the representitive was able to figure out that i was indeed opted in to business policies on the back end, but i was not finished being enrolled on the front end. eBay emailed me a link to follow and like magic I was opted in to business policies. I can now edit existing policies or create new shipping policiies for each and every listing! So for everyone else who is stuck in limbo and cannot edit already existing shipping policies  or create new shipping policies please pick up the phone and call eBay.  

Also a fun fact I was infomed of was that business  policies (which also means shipping poiicies ) come November will be required for all ebay sellers. Long gone are the days where you couId simply input flat or calculated shipping rates direct in the listing. so for all you complainers out there who dont like the change, get on the ball now because you won't have a choice in the very near future . 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I also suddenly can not edit any of my existing listings shipping charges. I only get a blank screen when I try. What is with this?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Brilliant reply - looked all over for the real reason - their software is really so very ordinary. So easy to add an explanation rather than a box in red with no as the caption, so negative. Anyway, your post made immediate sense - one of those "of course moments" thanks so much.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Thread from 2014.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply