cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create and edit existing shipping policies, payment policies and return policies

Hi Guys,

I am trying to either edit and create a new shipping policy but it will not let me and displays....

You can't get started with business policies right now. We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you.

I don't think I've had this problem before.. Now if I go create a new listing, then the same thing occurs. Now then.. Is there any place where I can edit or create new shipping policies? How am I suppose to update my shipping costs if I cannot edit it. 

In fact, I cannot even edit Payment and return policy as well. The very same message appears.

If anyone could please enlighten me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Cannot create and edit existing shipping policies, payment policies and return policies

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

I opted out a few months ago, and haven't seen it since. This may help ^^^^

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Try going in to your BP's through a bulk edit of your active listings.

You should be able to get to them from there.

Select 2 or 3 listings and edit

On the top of the bulk listing edit page, in "Edit Fields" there should be a "Shipping Policy" option.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hi Flywelstore,

thanks for the reply. I've tried the method you suggested and I still cannot edit or create the policies The create and edit button is simply just black text.

Ebay.jpg

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Hi, sw ~ Unfortunately, fly, who is the be-all and end-all of all things to do with Business Policies will be gone for a bit.

I don't even have the option of using Business Policies as of yet, so I won't be much help, but have you done the tried and true CP screw up remedy of deleting cookies and cache?  I shudder at the thought of telling you to call Customer Support, but that may be the way to go.  If you find an answer, please come back and give us an update ~ good luck!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

I opted out a few months ago, and haven't seen it since. This may help ^^^^

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@hidy-hoo  Thank you for your suggestion! I am sure I will contact them very soon!

@loveyourimagination49  Wow thank you so much! It did solve my problem. I couldn't get in to the business policy screen because that very same warning poped up and I couldn't even see the opted out option. Then I tried going into the business policy section again via ebay.com.hk and it was there for me to turn it off. Now everything is back to normal! I can edit and create my shipping, payment and refund policies now! Thank you sooo much! 

Not quite sure how this I end up with this problem in the first place but the only thing that was changed recently was that my sell limit was increased.

So in the end.. what I did was simply going to My Ebay > Account > Business policies > top right corner and Opted out. 

Thank you everyone! Thanks for helping me to find a solution to my problem!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

You're Welcome. Glad we could help Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

HA HA HA It's now at the top of my summary page.

Simplify selling on eBayHide
  • Easily assign your payment, shipping, and return policies across multiple listings.
  • Reduce the amount of data you need to enter when listing.
  • They work best for sellers who list frequently, and you can opt-out at any time.
Get details

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I've followed the suggestions and I see no "opt out" button. I'm dead in the water. Can someone help?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

You can try on your my ebay page "summary" top right hand side shows opt out.

You can try my ebay - account- manage  top right hand side shows opt out

Couple options for ya. Not everyone has the same thing. If those don't work, come back here.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

NM

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Hi,

I am also stuck with no business policies. Clicking on it in My Account gives:-

---

You can't get started with business policies right now.

We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you.
---

Without the ability to create business policies, I can't sell an item either as it requires me to create policies for payment, shipping and returns.

I can't opt-in, I can't opt-out of business policies either, so I am stuck. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I have the same problem until a couple of minutes ago. I read every post in here, and tried the suggestion, and voila, now I can edit my shipping etc. Seems, the key is to login into the original ebay website you register, in this case, I register through ebay singapore, then the option to not continue using business policies will be there. Thank you very much guys!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I have had the same problem for over a month now, and whenever I try to access business policies I get the standard boiler plate.

Nowhere can I find a link to opt out of business policies, and never have I even asked for them.

The option button to delete my account is becoming more appealing.

I did call customer support yesterday but gave up when the CSR advised me to just list my $35 7oz item with $15 default shipping charges, and put in the listing that I can send a revised invoice.  This, of course, is totally unacceptable.

I'm dead in the water, and nothing I have read here appears to be helpful.

Any thoughts?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply