cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Filed a FALSE Item not as described claim... What should I do?

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Hi I am a new seller and I had a buyer file an item not as described claim against me but then messaged me and said they wanted a refund because the items did not meet their expectations and then stated that the item was worn, but i listed the items as used and posted several pictures plus I described them as they were and posted that they were sold as is no returns and to ask any questions before bidding but the buyer never asked any questions. Then the buyer took nine days to file the case? This seems like she had buyers remorse to me and is misusing the system but I am new to this so maybe I misunderstood it. The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

Scammer... PITA... Whatever you wanna call them...

All the person need to say is that it was not what they expected.

If the buyer is not satisfied, it is Significantly Not As Described.

Just Make them file a Claim. 

They will not receive the refund until you have received the item.

And like Honda pointed-out in another thread...

If they do this too many times, evilBay will pull their Resolution privileges.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 16 of 129
latest reply

BUMP

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 17 of 129
latest reply

Yes, but make sure you answer the claim correctly.

The default is for the buyer to keep the item and you refund the money, not good!

So make sure you choose the option that makes them return it.

I don't want any of the stuff I'm selling back either, but I'm not gonna give it away & pay for the privilege!

You might consider changing your return policy to 14 days. They are picking on you because you only have 2 feedbacks and a no-return policy.

Message 18 of 129
latest reply

usmc1957
Enthusiast

EBAY ALWAYS TAKERS  TH E BUYERS SIDE, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE FILING A FALSE CLAIM.

Message 19 of 129
latest reply

usmc1957
Enthusiast

TEL THEM TO SITION AS SHIPPED TO THEM YOU WILL INSPECTED IT TO INSURE IT IS IN THE SAME CONDETION IT WAS IN WHEN YOU SHIPPED TO THEM. YOU WILL THEN ISSURE A PARTIAL REFUND LESS SHIPPING COSTS, RESTOCKING FEES, TECH SUPORT FEES TO PUT IT BACK TO ORGIONAL CONDITION AS SHIPPED.

Message 20 of 129
latest reply

TEL THEM TO SITION AS SHIPPED TO THEM YOU WILL INSPECTED IT TO INSURE IT IS IN THE SAME CONDETION IT WAS IN WHEN YOU SHIPPED TO THEM. YOU WILL THEN ISSURE A PARTIAL REFUND LESS SHIPPING COSTS, RESTOCKING FEES, TECH SUPORT FEES TO PUT IT BACK TO ORGIONAL CONDITION AS SHIPPED.

This thread is like 5 months old....

And you have cap locks on....

And thats bad advice...

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Message 21 of 129
latest reply

OK OK OK let us get the process straight because these scammers are out there and the "process" works in their favor 110% of the time!!!

1. YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE TO WAIT TO INSPECT YOUR ITEM, PAYPAL REFUNDS THE MONEY THE INSTANT THE BOGUS BUYER POSTS A TRACKING NUMBER, IT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE TO BE A REAL TRACKING NUMBER, THE REFUND IS ISSUED AT 100% DESPITE WHAT ADD ONS YOU CLAIM FOR RESTOCKING ETC ETC.... THEY DID IT TO ME 3 times BACK TO BACK!!!

2. TWO of the cases , the hairball lying sack O dung buyer did not send the item back, because all they REALLY wanted was a significant refund. There was nothing wrong with the item per se, they JUST wanted to FORCE A DISCOUNT. AND THEY& ALMOST SUCCEEDED!!

3. The third BOGUS BUYER returned the item all right, with MAJOR parts missing, and a specific component the identified the item as vintage was missing.  By the time the item arrived here, in crappy boxing with NO insurance and all taken apart.  I had to spend 5 days at almost 6 hours per call, go to the local police station show the ruined itme to them file a police report and send all of this stuff to ebay & paypal.... they still wanted to argue the point!!!! and the PUKE BUYER HAD ALL OF HIS MONEY BACK for a week already and I had a handfull of dismembered crap, NO shipping allowanceNO re-stocking fee NOTHING ZIP ZERO NADDA.  WHEN I FINALLY GOT someone who spoke english, and we reviewed the circumstance for the 9th time and reviewed the pictures, he finnaly admitted that the buyer was responsible.!!!   BUT!!!! they weren't going to persue the buyer, they were just going to refund me the money that the auction generated and I lost ...INCLUDING shiping....  ON the surface this seems to be pretty cool, but remember it took NUMEROUS calls a trip to the police etc etc etc  and NOW no matter what anyone says if Ebay is doing this often enough the COSTS to list and sell here HAVE TO GO UP.

4. Neither ebay NOR paypal can guarantee the item will be returned to you, BUT they can for sure guarantee that they can & will refund the entire amount despite the return condition of the item OR IF the item is even EVER RETURNED.

BOTTOM LINE: There is NO way to even begin to protect yourself from POS buyers who lie & cheat & steal and you ALSO cannot be assured that your item will be returned packaged properly, insured or unmolested, if it is returned at all!!!!  WHEN I approached about how insane this concept was htat it simply INVITED THEIVES TO TAKE ADVANTAGE of sellers with ZERO REGARD to the seller at all!!!    YES they eventually returned my $300 and the guy who stole from me was allowed to walk away scott free with ZERO retribution ...they even removed my poor feedback!!!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE EBAY & PAYPAL REFUND IF YOU AGREE OR NOT, THEY REFUND IF THE ITEM IS RETURNED OR NOT, THEY REFUND if the item is intact or not and they SIDE with the BUYERS 100% regardless of the issue. YES EBAY GAVE ME MONEY TO COVER THE LOSS, BUT that does not address the principle, that someone was allowed to openly steal from me and get away with it scott FREE WITH EBAY & PAYPALS ASSISTANCE!!   The part that he claimed was missing "not as describbed" was clearly visible in no less than 6 of the original 12 pics included with the auction!!!    HOWEVER THE OFFSHORE person who initially reviewed the case had no idea what he was even looking at much less if the part was visible or not...IT SIMPLY DID NOT MATTER, the money ( and I mean ALL OF IT) was refunded & removed from My account the instant the buyer posted a tracking number!!!!!    STOP TELLING PEOPLE THEY CAN WAIT TO ISSUE A REFUND...NO THEY CANNOT< IT IS NOT ALLOWED OR DONE.....RETURN TRACKING NUMBER =INSTANT REFUND by thier hand regardless of item presence or condition!!

SURE THEY MADE GOOD THIS TIME....but do you really think THAT WILL HAPPEN ever again or with a higher ticket item??  WHO WANTS TO WAGER THAT???   NOW I ONLY LIST ITEMS I AM TOTALLY PREPARED TO EXPERIENCE A TOTAL AND COMPLETE LOSS on....because that is an OPTION potential that NO ONE will do diddly about!!!  DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU TOEHR SELLERS BUT I CANT AFFORD TO LOSE a vintage guitar or the money to replace  it.  Hence I have to think long & hard before I would list anything of that value level on ebay.

GREED has completely replace principle...... if they keep screwwing the sellers, what exactly will the precious BUYERS BUY? and from WHOM...... NO one can afford to lose money at that rate for very long......  I have to believe POLICY will be modified but until it is, ONLY list items you dont care if you take a total loss on....because all a buyer needs to do is accuse!!!  NO EVIDENCE NO PROOF is required or even necessary..... "it isnt like they said it was" is all that is required and from that point forward the seller is UP for a total LOSS!!

I am not whining I just think the playing field needs to be LEVELED. A LOT!!!..ebay should wait until the item is returned and confirmed intact before they refund a penny....if you are going to put that level of automatic power in the hands of the buyer, you must be prepared to arbitrate on behalf of BOTH parties....PROOF EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED to even OPEN a claim..... DECISIONS CANNOT REMAIN ARBITRARY and WHOLESALE....CONFIRMATION MUST ACCOMPANY DECISION and ONE solution fits all needs to be a little better thought out.  EBAY NEEDS A LOSS PREVENTION DEPT....  sure there are decent buyers and decent sellers and likely a number of POS in both camps....ALL the MORE reason to REQUIRE EVIDENCE.  ITEMS MUST BE INSPECTED BY THE BUYER OR SELLER UPON ARRIVAL and confirmed to be in acceptable shape then & there...NOT 3 or 4 or 5 or 10 days later???? if it arrives intact YOU need to SIGN to that effect within hours of receipt or lose your claiming privelidge.....   if an item is broken when it arrives that is what shipping insurance is for...we arent putting items up for  30 day test drives, we areputting items up for sale...if they arrive broken either turn them away or inform the seller to file a claim with the shipper THE SAME DAY...NOT 15 DAYS LATER.  buyers remorse needs a clear and strong definition!!  HOW I IMAGINE AN ITEM and HOW IT REALLY IS may be 2 different things....if the seller tells me its BLUE and I want it to be green and buy it...and it arrives BLUE THAT IS NOT AN ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED, THAT IS ME BEING AN IDIOT and the seller should not have to sustain a loss because I am ofrf the hook stupid.. The ad needs to be reviewed... the pictures need to be reviewed and if THEY MATCH the description... the only conditionb that would push this item to a not as describbed condition is breakage.   if it aint broke and the pics and verbiage match HOW CAN ANYONE CLAIM NOT AS DESCRIBED???  HOW?> and HOW can EBAY or PAYPAL NOT BE INVOLVED????  EVERYONE IS INVOLVED, YOU CANNOT WASH YOUR HANDS OF RESPONSIBILTY BY INSERTING WHOLESALE DECISIONS ON A ONE SIZE FITS ALL CONDITIONS BASIS.  You cannot force people to BE honest but you can limit the availability to be dishonest by requiring signature upon arrival and inspection within hours  to confirrm item intact as delivered. You can make the seller take a photo upon arrival and post it to the auction on the buyers side....if the phots match day ONE, they cannot mismatch on day 15 and still be eligeble for refund..... There are ways... and a lil thought could reduce a whole lot of stress and theft and anger and migration to craigs list!!

and that 4th grade logic of if ya dont like it dont play here just shows how really backward and idiotic and sophmoric, people who dont give a lick about helping or making things better just lkike to hear them selves talk!!  HOW infantile!!  HOW SOLOMAN LIKE!!! 

I am not just saying it sucks I am proposing IDEAS to STOP it from SUCKING....and make it FAIR for BOTH buyers AND sellers

Message 22 of 129
latest reply

correction: You can make the seller or buyer take a photo upon arrival and post it to the auction on the buyers side/sellers after sale side....if the phots match day ONE, they cannot mismatch on day 15 and still be eligeble for refund.....
Message 23 of 129
latest reply

Hi pjmd - By any chance did you happen to look at what you wrote after it posted?  Because to me it looks like it was written in wingdings - don't know what wingdings look?  I will show you - this is what wingdings look like..  OK, only teasing you, but your whole post is smooshed together and there are a lot of sentences in all caps which equates to yelling on a discussion board.

So, why don't you take a deep breath, condense your post to the most pertinent information, and let an experienced seller on this board see if they can help you, as there are lots of them that frequent this board.  And PS, you second post looks just fine!!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 24 of 129
latest reply

Hoo ???

u actually bothered to read all that ?

u're my hero !!!

Lord bless you and keep you safe !!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 25 of 129
latest reply

The OP writes...........

"  The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle."

I still think this is one of the all time funniest comments on this board !

Bless her heart & wrap her in the Lords eternal love !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 26 of 129
latest reply

Real Quick...

If the Item does not meet the buyers expectations... Yup!  That is grounds for a Claim.

@abelandlilysmommy wrote:

The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Since you think that it is too much trouble to accept the returns, just pay-up and get on with your life.

BTW-- I prefer dealing with people who don't accept returns.

If I choose to return... either evilBay will pay for the return, or I get to keep the item.

Either Way... I don't have to pay for Return Shipping.

Since you are "new to this" I would advise you to have a return policy.

You can still state in your listing that the item is "As Is" and you don't want any returns.

But you should still pick "Returns Accepted"...

That way anyone filing a "Significantly Not As Described" claim can expect to Pay for Return Shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 27 of 129
latest reply

A similar thing happened to me. Almost exactly. Buyer filed a NAD claim BEFORE even trying to talk to me. eBay says give refund..I recieved item back damaged with NO recourse!

eBay is a phenominal, huge corp.  As with most phenoms, in time they dissappear.  Try to make money while you can...then run!

I have had ANOTHER quasi-illegal (now, that is to say, if it had not taken place in eBay-fantasy-land) experience with eBay, and I am just going to keep plugging, and count the loss off to 'doing business', When they rip me once too many times...I am running.

You can't beat these guys, and they truly are a ruthless corp, soley intersted in their bottom-line. Money talks.

Hang in there...

Message 28 of 129
latest reply

So frustrating.
I have a buyer who wants a return for exactly the same reasons. Massive waste if my time. Don't think I will ever sell on ebay again. I would like to complain about her but don't know how......
Message 29 of 129
latest reply

If you mean complain here go right ahead, but if you mean a formal complaint to ebay about her you,I would advise not to wast your time.Unfortunately ebay will not do anything about it and the odds of you even hearing back from ebay is slim.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 30 of 129
latest reply