cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Filed a FALSE Item not as described claim... What should I do?

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Hi I am a new seller and I had a buyer file an item not as described claim against me but then messaged me and said they wanted a refund because the items did not meet their expectations and then stated that the item was worn, but i listed the items as used and posted several pictures plus I described them as they were and posted that they were sold as is no returns and to ask any questions before bidding but the buyer never asked any questions. Then the buyer took nine days to file the case? This seems like she had buyers remorse to me and is misusing the system but I am new to this so maybe I misunderstood it. The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

Afternoon AbelAndLilysMommy and welcome to The Part Timers Forum. Sorry this happened to you.

"This seems like she had buyers remorse to me"

Unless you can prove this, in eBay messaging, you haven't a leg to stand on.

"The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle."

And it's the same for the buyer.

"I would really appreciate any advice that would help me."

eBay Seller Protection offers buyers 45 days to return items. You have two choices, accept them with a smile or don't sell here. Sorry if that sounded "snarky", but that's the way it is!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 2 of 129
latest reply

Yep, Honda's right.  With buyer protection set up the way it is, you ARE going to give refunds,  whether you want to or not, so you might as well take returns so at least you get your product back.  If you refuse to take returns, they will still get their money back and get to keep the item too, so taking returns is 100% in your best interest.

Message 3 of 129
latest reply

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

yes I understand this now I guess its a learning process I just think its so wrong for the buyer to make false claims but all I can do is take it with a smile I guess. Thanks for the advice both of you.

Message 4 of 129
latest reply

You needn't accept false claims. It's just eBay cannot sort through every "he said-she said" claim so finding in the buyers favor is in their best interest. Not our's as sellers I know.

Hang around, ask questions, read helpful threads. We can help you wade through the minefield eBay has given sellers with a much higher sucess ratio than you currently have.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 5 of 129
latest reply

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Thanks Honda again for the advice these discussion forums really help 🙂

Message 6 of 129
latest reply

You're welcome. Is the Cargo Net being returned? Do not refund any money until it arrives. If possible, open in front of PostPerson. If it is on it's way back did buyer give you a DC #?

Message 7 of 129
latest reply

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

sorry honda I was off ebay for a while but no the cargo net was fine it was the two fur items, actually I did some digging on my own and found out the buyer has a store and has in fact had my items for sale in her store but can not sell them for what she wanted so this is why she wants to return them she waited about 2 weeks before wanting to return them because she was trying to sell them. I decided to escalate to ebay and will no  longer sell on ebay anymore.

Message 8 of 129
latest reply

abelandlilysmommy,

I am really sorry you've had this problem so early in your ebay selling experience.  Trust me, based on all my years here, this kinda thing is not the norm.

Rather than stop selling here, something you may come to enjoy as much as I do (and find a little profitable, too), why not contact ebay.  You can talk to a representative in person and hopefully get this taken care of. Seems you have done well in your investigation (seems you have in fact escalated this case, as well-- good for you!)

Pat the kinds on the head for me. I love children.

Message 9 of 129
latest reply

I'm sorry you got youself a scammer,but from your feedback it looks like you were doing quite well selling. Try to take a breather for a while and come back. Not to sound too negative,but even the best sellers on ebay have dealt with problem buyers sometimes. My only Neg & Neutral were both scammers. Yes I was very insulted & angry,but I also learned a few things from each of those experiences.

Like anywhere else in life there's going to be bumps at times.Try not to let it deter you from selling.As you saw before your two returns,you can make money. When a bump does come along 99.9% of the time the people on this forum can help you thought it.

Hope to see you back selling soon!  🙂

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 10 of 129
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

I decided to escalate to ebay and will no  longer sell on ebay anymore.  

The vast majority of us have encountered a Buyer who has proven themselves to be a Pita, or a scammer... sell here long enough and it is inevitable. Do not let such an experience chase you away, keep doing what you have been doing... keep selling. 🙂

Message 11 of 129
latest reply

kmark2294
Enthusiast

I had a buyer falsely claim my item as not well described too. The label was missing from inside the shoe which showed clearly in my pictures on the listing. I steady try to stress to buyers to look at the pictures carefully and read the description thoroughly before making a transaction .. The dispute is now escalated to a claim? Do u think ill have to refund the buyer? 

Message 12 of 129
latest reply

Unfortunately yes,but never say never. Almost all disputes favor on the side of the buyer,but if that is the one thing they are claiming against and can be seen in the pics I can't help but wonder how ebay can favor for the buyer? This was is a poser for me.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 13 of 129
latest reply

this 'one'

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 14 of 129
latest reply

printedtshirts
Enthusiast

Have them return it to you first before you refund.

Message 15 of 129
latest reply