cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available for Pickup?

I shipped a package on Tuesday to New York - I just checked the tracking and it shows "Available for Pickup" - I've never seen this before and am not sure exactly what it means - anyone?

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

Available for Pickup

Sep-05-13, 08:57 AM, POLAND, NY 13431

Arrival at Post Office

Sep-05-13, 08:56 AM, POLAND, NY 13431

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Sep-03-13, 19:44 PM, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Available for Pickup?

Was it signature required?

If so, they tried to deliver and they weren't home, so they left a slip.

Otherwise, it's probably a glitch . . .

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei 😄
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

i never look at the ebay status.

enter the number on the USPS website.

it may be too big for mailbox and notice left.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@martoutlet wrote:

enter the number on the USPS website.

USPS website you should use.> https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, honda - that website did get me a little more information, but this is still weird - usually will have something saying "out for delivery".  This is what it is showing now:

YOUR LABEL NUMBERSERVICESTATUS OF YOUR ITEMDATE & TIMELOCATIONFEATURES

Priority Mail 3-Day

Available for Pickup

September 5, 2013, 8:57 am

POLAND, NY 13431 

Scheduled Delivery Day:
September 6, 2013 

$50 insurance included

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation

Arrival at Post Office

September 5, 2013, 8:56 am

POLAND, NY 13431 

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

September 3, 2013, 7:44 pm

WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Did you by some odd chance send it "Hold for Pickup?"  That is a USPS option.

I doubt you did. 😃

There is another thought that comes to mind.  The buyer could have their mail held if they travel.    I've had holds put on my mail while I was on vacation because I was expecting a shipment that I knew wouldn't fit through the slot.  I didn't check the tracking though to see what it said.

Also there are times when the post office won't leave a package if the neighborhood is known for theft, but I only know of "Notice Left."   Maybe it was postal error instead of Notice Left?  The time is screwy though for that.

When I've had some strange tracking things going on, I have requested email updates from USPS (there's a link on the tracking information page). 

Or - call USPS and find out??

- Suzanne -
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

hidy,i went through that just about a month ago.

my buyer lives in a high crime area,and he has it set up( dang,i should have ASKED how!) that his P.O. will hold his packages for 48 hours so he can go get them upon viewing the tracking,or choose to have them delivered to his apartment building.

i contacted him,he reassured me,and thanked me for making contact.

maybe you could contact YOUR buyer too,just to be safe? 🙂

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

USPS status is still showing available for pickup - Contacted buyer through eBay messaging - She has no idea why it hasn't been delivered and to make matters worse, she has not received any emails from eBay that the package had shipped.  I am a wreck over this - it is a very, very old piece of china - I shipped Priority, double boxed and insured, but the thought of it floating around for several days is putting me in a very BAD MOODmad emoticon.gif

We will both contact out post offices on Monday for an explanation

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

let me know it turns out,would you please?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Buyer was on an antique buying trip in Brimfield, Ma and gone for a week.  The post office was holding her mail.

When I sent the message to her asking about the "available for pick up" notice, she replied that she was annoyed that she hadn't received an email from eBay that the widget had shipped - which is another glitch that happened on the same day and same listing as the "your buyer hasn't paid" message - eBay was having a really bad day.

She finally got back to me today and told me about the hold.  And, BTW, if you ever get a chance to go to the Brimfield Antiques show - you should - it is absolutely amazing - acres and acres of people selling antiques or every kind and description!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Buyer was on an antique buying trip in Brimfield, Ma and gone for a week.  

And, BTW, if you ever get a chance to go to the Brimfield Antiques show - you should - it is absolutely amazing - acres and acres of people selling antiques or every kind and description!

Brimfield, MA - that's one of them places nawth of the Mason Dixon line ain't it?  Them folks scare me - they even talk funny.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

lol! i was raised in middleboro,mass,kansas mom,massachusetts dad,and most of the maternal family in wisconsin.

needless to say i havea rather strange mixed accent,lol!!

hidy,i've been there,LOVED the place!! i bought my then boyfriend a gigantic chalk owl,i mean this thing was FUGLY!!! he LOVED it,and we got married 6 months later. he still has that owl,after moving at least 10 times in 30 years.:)

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I am having similar issue.

Tracking shows "Out for Delivery" September 9, 09:57 AM, then "Available for Pickup" since September 9, 10:17 AM.

It has been waiting for 13 days now, in CA. Have sent 3 emails to Buyer, no response. 

Starting to worry about the item's condition - wax melts left for 13 days at the PO in CA... not the best odds I am afraid.

Not sure if calling the Buyer and interrupting his privacy/vacations is a god idea either.

I am new to selling on eBay and don't know how to handle a situation like this.

Pretty much afraid the Buyer will be disppointed when/if finally receiving something that used to be scented tarts... just hoping that in any case I will be contacted before receiving a "jelly donut". 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Hi urdi - I would call the post office that shipped your widget.  It is the sending post office's responsibility to update the tracking with information from the receiving post office.  13 days does seem like a long time - could be all kinds of explanations - but if you haven't heard from the buyer about not receiving the package I wouldn't worry too much.  

As for the buyer leaving you a "jelly donut", if you shipped the widget within your stated timeframe, you should be fine.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Thank you hidy.

Now I've learned something new, about whom to contact, thanks!

Glad I asked, these boards have been very helpful for a newbie. 

If the tracking doesn't move on Monday, I'll start from the PO you suggested and do a full time Sherlock operation 🙂 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply