cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching photo to an eBay message

Has anyone been successful at attaching a photo to an eBay message?  I tried twice today:  Both times the message was something like no response from server, try again.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

no problems here... so many peaches, so little time.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

I think she means the message system 2m. I saw today for the first time a buyer who had bought a Halloween costume for his baby sent me a pic wearing it.Made my day,,was so cute,,,but then I wondered how he sent me a pic like that.When I responded to him I saw we can now add pic to messages.Not wuse when they added it,but a good thing to have now.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Oooooh, my bad... I'll tell the Dido to put the peaches away. 😮

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Thanks, taadaa:  At least it worked for someone today!

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

I just had one of the best laughs in weeks. 2m I googled Dido. I only know that as a singer,but knew you meant something else.

I'll give you one guess what word came up under 3 diff search engines and it wasn't Dido!!  :^O:^O:^O

marcia I never would have know that's what you meant either if my buyer had not sent the pic.I haven't tried to send one,but it looks simple enough.

That's the first time in all my sales anyone has ever sent a pic of the item they bought from me to thank me.It made my day. 😄

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

my guess is this only works if you are communicating with your buyer but not with everyone.

I saw attaching pix button with one of my buyer but I couldn't find the same button when I was trying to do it with the other seller.

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

I was trying to communicate with my buyer:  Alas, it didn't work.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

If you want try to send me something and I'll let you know what comes through.Just pick any one of my listings.Do you want me to try to you also?

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

I was able to send pictures yesterday but not today.  Guess they still haven't worked out the bugs.

Happy 10-11-12 everyone

ps Thanks TaaDaa and 2M2M for sticking up for me.   You guys rock

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

I was able to send pictures a few days ago. It was really a time-saver and I was glad to see it there.

Maybe it flits in & out.

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

I was trying to communicate with my buyer:  Alas, it didn't work.

You cannot attach a picture to an eBay message, it accepts text only. If the buyer used PayPal their eMail addy is in the "Details" about the transaction and you can with that.

Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

I should have said potential buyer, as I didn't have her email address.  I did ask for her email when I was unsuccessful with the new photo attaching process, but she never responded to the request.  I was trying to answer a question she had that I only felt comfortable answering by comparing the auction item to another in a photo.  No way was I going to put that photo in the listing and have someone assume they were bidding on both items.  Tink, thanks for sharing your experience:  Maybe it was just a 10/11 glitch.  I'll assume that's the case, but thank you taadaa for your kind offer.  The item sold for the opening bid to someone else, so I'm left wondering if I could have had a bidding war if the glitch hadn't occurred!   

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

You cannot attach a picture to an eBay message, it accepts text only. If the buyer used PayPal their eMail addy is in the "Details" about the transaction and you can with that.

Hope this helps!

honda you can now send pics with ebay messages.I had a buyer send me a pic with him and his toddler 2 days ago. It has to have been after they have sent you a message already and you respond.You can't send one from the first message you send to a seller,but once they respond back there is now a way to upload up to 5 pics.Not sure when this was added,but it's relatively new.

If you want to see send me a message from anyone of my items I have for sale.When I respond back I will add a pic to show you.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 14 of 44
latest reply

jual60
Enthusiast

I came here looking for answers, but:

There sure is a lot of chatter about “Attaching photo to an eBay message” but no one seems to have any viable answers.

I have had potential buyers send me photos through eBay messaging but I have never been successful sending anything attached to an eBay message rather or not the intended recipient had sent me an eBay message.

Yesterday I received an eBay message with a picture in it.  The picture wasn’t an attachment like with a regular email, it was just there with the text.  Below the picture it said  “Do these photos violate eBay policies? Let us know”  I clicked on it hoping to get some information but it automatically filed some sort of...

Thinking I may have gotten him in trouble with eBay I let him know what I had done.  He said I didn’t cause any problem and went on to say:  “In the first paragraph of the policy, it plainly states that I can't send photos that I didn't create. Also, under "What are the Guidelines" ? ALLOWED, Photos and text you created yourself. So there isn't any problem. Also, they are related to the items I questioned you about.

I have been unable to find any policy about sending pictures or about anything else.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply