cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching photo to an eBay message

Has anyone been successful at attaching a photo to an eBay message?  I tried twice today:  Both times the message was something like no response from server, try again.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Attaching photo to an eBay message

Yes on my iPhone 4S but not until I updated to the latest Version 3.3.0 (I think that's the number. I can add to a New Msg that I have Not received a Msg from, or a Reply that I had received a Msg from a Seller.

In either case you must scroll to the very bottom of the Msg Box. There you will see a Camera Icon with a "+" sign inside of it. Click on that and you will get Three Buttons:
Take a Photo (takes you to ur Camera)
Choose a Photo (takes u to ur Photos)
Cancel

That shud do it. This new capability (with this latest App Update I just added today) may also depend on the type of phone you have and may or may not work on a PC or laptop as I have not tried it as yet. Maybe others can answer these new questions.

Hope this helps!

NOW My BIG Question now is:

If I use this capability and select "Choose Photo " will:
--- ALL MY Photos be available on eBay to copy/ use?

--- The Photos I SELECT be available on eBay to copy/ use?

--- NONE of my Photos wud be available on eBay to copy/ use?

Help Please!!!!
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

More Info to Clarification to my Comments above.

--- I am a BUYER ONLY & don't know how it applies to a Seller.

--- Before this latest update to my Mobile App I could not attach any photos to my Messages/Reply's. To do so I would need to go to my Laptop & the Full eBay Website.
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

It's all good....this thread is over a year old. Last year the photo option was added to the messages between buyer/sellers....on the PC version. The day of this thread, there was a glitch...but it works great now.
Just now..(a year later)...the eBay mobile app has caught up to the feature.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

As of today, there is no "Add photo" button or option when responding to a seller's response to my case in the resolution center.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Uh, oh ~ Wait until tomorrow and check again ~ eBay has been flooded with glitches this past week and a half ~ options and features disappearing, reappearing ~ shipping options changing, etc.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 20 of 44
latest reply

for the buyer - go to email sent from a buy or anyone, - and instead of 'responding' the orange button - look up a ways, and find the 'REPLY" button  between teh ARCHIVE and FORWARD tabs - and it opens up to 'reply' to their message and attach photos. you can send up to 5 photos, and/or 5MG -   and note from ebay says "Remember, when you upload your photos:

• Your photos will be stored and shared on eBay servers, and can be viewed by eBay Customer Support representatives.
  • All uploaded photos must comply with eBay's image and text policies."

But the buyer cannot initiate this, it has to be in 'reply' to someone else's message.  I don't know how the seller attaches a picture, but it does show up under the text and it can be saved to the desktop - on my computer that's how it worked. 

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

@angelgreen8749 wrote:

for the buyer - go to email sent from a buy or anyone, - and instead of 'responding' the orange button - look up a ways, and find the 'REPLY" button  between teh ARCHIVE and FORWARD tabs - and it opens up to 'reply' to their message and attach photos. you can send up to 5 photos, and/or 5MG -   and note from ebay says "Remember, when you upload your photos:

• Your photos will be stored and shared on eBay servers, and can be viewed by eBay Customer Support representatives.
  • All uploaded photos must comply with eBay's image and text policies."

But the buyer cannot initiate this, it has to be in 'reply' to someone else's message.  I don't know how the seller attaches a picture, but it does show up under the text and it can be saved to the desktop - on my computer that's how it worked. 

Nice info.........but you just replied to a post from the fall of 2012 !!!!!!!!

Read the thread before jumping in........and notice the dates

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Original post is from 2012. Its 2017, and it still **bleep**s out periodically. sometimes I can attache a photo, sometimes I can't. I've tried it on different browsers (Chrome and Firefox). I've dumped my caches before making the attempt. Its still iffy, at best. As I've said before, eBay's website programmers have minimal skills. These are not top notch programmers, but a bunch of rookie script-kiddies. Also, eBay's customer service department is next to useless. eBay might as well cut the cord, since they are incabable of fixing any problem. This is looking like the online version of Sears/Kmart. Spiralling down to bankruptcy. 

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

There was a time, when the exciting aspect of eBay was looking for the amazing auction items listed.

For some years now, the exciting aspect is looking to see what parts of eBay are still working today.

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

@bronx-dog wrote:

For some years now, the exciting aspect is looking to see what parts of eBay are still working today.

what-jennifer-lawrence_zps1rbujhqx

What-3

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

14894863720871616210075.jpg

I received the wrong shoes they should have been the ones with the wings

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

You need to contact your seller.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Hi there, I just did. I use my phone app. So just scroll down to classic site and it let you do it there! Best regards.
Message 30 of 44
latest reply