• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
she-sells
Community Member

Am I INSANE or are the buyers INSANE?

[ Edited ]

I get a message from a buyer asking if I will combine 2 purchases into one box. (sure not a problem)

BUT here is the Kicker!  They want reduced shipping cost on FREE SHIPPING.  (*W*T*F*)  items in bigger box is going to cost more!

What would you Sellers out here suggest besides me taking DRUGS like the rest of these crazy bueyrs? 

Oh boy I can't wait to hear from the usual board rippers that defend buyers!  :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

Re: Am I INSANE or are the buyers INSANE?

in reply to she-sells

Well then , I'll start!

I "ll  comment on your buyer by saying...........

Oh Wait a sec......I see that your last line reads...

Oh boy I can't wait to hear from the usual board rippers that defend buyers!"

& having read that I don't even think I want to bother answering what looks like a set up !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
she-sells
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to komokwa

KOMOKWA Then if you won't reply why do you HANG on this board??????

monkey_hanging_out.jpg

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

Not to talk with u ....that's for sure !

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

I was ready to rip into your nutty bidder........until I read that last line !

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Why would anyone defend that buyers request.......

Please use plain text.
the_plague_doctor
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

Set-up your "buyer requirements".....

"You can block buyers who:

Are currently winning or have bought 1 of your items in the last 10 days."

That should do the trick! You will never have to deal with buyers wanting 2 or more winnings/purchases shipped to them in 1 package again..........on the other hand, "DRUGS" would help make the current eBay experience a little more tolerable.....the choice is up to you!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

it could be that the buyer has a standard message set up to E-masil on multiple purchases assuming that here is a shipping charge.

And yes in my opinion you have bypassed insane for aking a mountain out of a mole hill.

Your time could be better spent trying to sell more stuff. 

Please use plain text.
bluemountainretailers
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

Just for the record, the original question isn't mutually exclusive, both *could* be true :smileyvery-happy:

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to bluemountainretailers

Yet another, of she-yells posts, that starts with a question

and ends with a sideways slap at the folks who post here.

Please use plain text.
kansas_gal06
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to she-sells

LOL, I get your humor, she-sells. And I saw the smiley face you put there to alert people you were making a joke.

I had a buyer ask me that, too. I wrote back pretty much what you said - now it had to go into a bigger box & weigh more, so the "free" shipping was going to cost more.

I can see asking that on some items - like perfume samples on a card, something like that. You could put several in an envelope & still have it cost the same to ship. Or maybe a dollar more.

On bulky items there is no savings to be had, though!

Please use plain text.
lorigrimmett
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

My environmentalist side says that shipping two packages to the same address is wasteful and makes me want to hug a poor defenseless tree!!!

My capitalist side knows that someone had to make that extra package, all the time labor materials = jobs and jobs = profit!

Great.. now you have the voices in my head arguing... thanks!

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to lorigrimmett

There was a whole thread not too long ago abut this same subject.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
topsetgarlic
Community Member

in reply to lorigrimmett

I would like to offer buyers a discount if they, say, buy two or three packets of seeds that can all fit in the same envelope and mailed with a 1st class stamp. Garlic seeds are kind of big and heavy though as far as seeds go so I'm not sure if the extra packet would require and extra stamp, but anyway...

I'm rather new to this game, but I have a question.

eBay suggests that I give a combined shipping discount if the buyer buys something within X number of days. Minimum choice is 3 days.

Well, if I ship right away, how in the world am I supposed to combine shipping charges by putting everything in the same package if the package was already sent and they order something else a few days later ? This makes no sense to me.

Anyway, technologically speaking, how would something like that be implemented ?

That is, how can you offer combined shipping if someone orders several packets at one time or whatever. I'm guessing that this is difficult at best with the ordinary ebay format and I would need to set up a store or something, but I'm just guessing.

Please use plain text.
kansas_gal06
Community Member

in reply to topsetgarlic

I have wondered the same thing on those shipping discounts, so I have them turned off. My listings say I will combine shipping if they message me first for a combined shipping discount. That's the only way I can make it work.

If  they pay separately first and later ask for combined shipping discounts, then I have to refund and PayPal takes 30 cents for each payment thay made.

Maybe someone with a store can chime in here, but I doubt it's going to be any different expect you'll be paying more ebay fees:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
topsetgarlic
Community Member

in reply to kansas_gal06

My listings say I will combine shipping if they message me first for a combined shipping dischat makes sense butount. That's the only way I can make it work.

That makes sense but...

The figures for price and shipping are fixed. They hit the "Buy Now" or whatever...  Like twice or something ?

You then have to give a refund and still pay a fee for both shipping charges ?

I mean I can see that working if they just want to mail a check or M.O. but is there any way to make this combined shipping actually work if they pay with Pay Pal ? Like providing an option to just hit a button and its done ?

I added the combined shipping option or thought I did, but I don't see any sign of it 's actual existance on my page.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to topsetgarlic

.for a combined shipping dischat makes sense butount. That's the only way I can make it work.

What ever works for you !

for me...........well I fell off my chair reading that....LOL !!

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

I know this is kinda late... But just say NO! 

Yeah... it may be cheaper for you to ship in one box.

But Shipping is Not Negotiable.  (evilBay sez that)

So, if there is a Buy It Now price... that is the price.

Don't like it?  Shop elsewhere.

Even if I really need the money, I won't let a buyer scam me like that.

Tell them NO!  Pay the full price or take a hike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy Ovation Legend Elite 1735

photo 90f90edb-1db0-4423-a53e-e4e41ad9762f_zps40ea60e6.jpg
Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to she-sells

she-sells wrote:

I get a message from a buyer asking if I will combine 2 purchases into one box. (sure not a problem)

BUT here is the Kicker!  They want reduced shipping cost on FREE SHIPPING.  (*W*T*F*)  items in bigger box is going to cost more!

What would you Sellers out here suggest besides me taking DRUGS like the rest of these crazy bueyrs? 

Oh boy I can't wait to hear from the usual board rippers that defend buyers!  :smileylol:

Drugs are great!  They are 1 of the few things in this world that help keep me sane, at least part of the time.

Just tell the buyer that, while you don't offer a shipping discount on items with free shipping, you can offer a bulk purchase discount of x% if they buy 10 or more items from you at the same time.  That works well for me.  And yes, I really do offer a bulk purchase discount, used primarily by schools and churches, if the buyer asks first.

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to topsetgarlic

topsetgarlic wrote:

eBay suggests that I give a combined shipping discount if the buyer buys something within X number of days. Minimum choice is 3 days.

Well, if I ship right away, how in the world am I supposed to combine shipping charges by putting everything in the same package if the package was already sent and they order something else a few days later ? This makes no sense to me.

Okay I'm going from memory here, so this info may not be exactly correct.

The way to offer automatic combined shipping in this case is to be very clear in your terms, saying that if you pay for your items all at once, the discount is applied automatically at checkout.  IOW, by your own policy, 1 payment = 1 shipment.

That wording encourages buyers to shop more, but pay only once, saving both of you time and money.

And yes, this also works with IPR listing, since the sale isn't complete until the buyer pays.

Please use plain text.