eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
5osisters
Community Member
Accepted Solution
why am i receiving packages with postage due when I have either already paid postage or item was 'free shipping?

Twice in one week I have received packages for ebay purchases which have arrived with postage due.  One item was 'free shipping' which cost me .70.  Not alot of money but if it is free shipping I didn't expect to have to pay anything,  This additional amount was due to the fact that the seller paid for a standard sized padded envelope but used a legal size.  Yesterday, I received a padded envelope of clamps purchased with $1 due.  Again it was due to the postage paid by seller was not enough to cover the package that was shipped.  I had already pd $30 for expedited mailing which did not come in the expedited shipping timeframe and it cost me any extra dollar.  Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Accepted Solutions: 2
frodobagginskennedy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 5osisters

you need to contact the seller and let them know you had to pay additional postal fees.  They need to send you the money and ay closer attention.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
kpost-2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 5osisters

Always message the seller, most lkely they are unaware of it.  I have seen a case recently where seller took box to post office had them weigh and print postage...... when it got to the buyer the post officee there charge several extra dollars.  Post office makes errors also, so message seller and send them copy of the post office receipt charging more.  I am sure they will do the right thing.  Good Luck

Other Answers: 1
misstomoyok88
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 5osisters

If you're lucky, you'll have good sellers who will actually refund you the money. I had a seller recently who sent a package to me short $3.21 in postage. Sent the seller 3 messages about it over a time span of several days. They responded to the middle one, saying how sorry they were and that they'd refund the difference in 15 minutes (after I threatened negative feedback). Messaged them again the next day to ask about it again because I never received a refund. I didn't receive any answer, and the next day I left them neutral feedback and explained exactly why. That was a week ago and I still haven't been refunded the difference.