eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
mybaysidecollectibles
Community Member
error 9998

I am unable to print a shipping label from any browser.  Keep getting error message 9998.

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mybaysidecollectibles

So here is the problem.  One of the address lines has too many charactors.  If you click the "change" link next to the buyers address you will see the error (why the error message itself couldn't just do that, who knows?)  Then just take a portion of the line that is too long and cut and paste it to the next line.  Problem solved.  This was a nightmare for me too; even now I sometimes forget and have to go to my handy "error number reference book" that I created!

ca_blacklab
Community Member
Answered

I tried updating all and it didn't resolve my issue. I still can't print labels from ANY computer I try. I've shut down my store till they can figure it out. There is NO ETA on resolving this for me. I've called every day to see if there is an update and still no resolution to my issue.

ca_blacklab
Community Member
Answered

I keep contacting them and they still have NO ETA or work around. I have put my shop on vacation until they resolve this. Actually, this has put such a bad taste in my mouth with ebay and their lack of any type of fix, I'm thinking of just closing down for good. I do this on the side and don't have time to stand in line at the post office to get this stuff shipped out.

All I have to say is any member who gets this error (Good Luck) contact ebay or it will never be resolved, it's an issue with your account.

Community Member
Answered

ca_blacklab, did they fix your account yet?  I have the same issue.

sewinspiredllc
Community Member
Answered

Mine says it's due to an invalid address.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered

Since you seem unable to print from any browser, do you have the latest versions of JAVA and FLASH and ACROBAT READER?

Community Member
Answered

Please excuse the typos, in a hurry

714ark
Community Member
Answered

none of these were fixes in my case.  i have all the latest updates, i was in the middle of printing a number of orders, and the addresses weren't too many lines.

ebay was having internal errors or unannounced down time due to maintenance and inconvenienced us.  it had no problem billing the amount to my paypal, but could not print the label

Community Member
Answered

My thoughts are our computers have been hacked, I say so, due to I have received info, email as to my paypal account being given limits...though did not respond and called paypal direct themselves...it was bogus.  II aslo have received info to my gmail accoun tha tsomeone from china has tried to access my gmail account twice.  From ebay...trt to print labels and a pop up takes over the area where you click to print labels, then all these other thingspop ups all over my ebay page start happening.  this is only happening to me on ebay though . Received a msg as to MOZCRT19.dll file missing.  If you receive this...do NOT install it!!!

Link to read

http://www.2-spyware.com/file-mozcrt19-dll.html

I work on my own computers, though am not the genius of sorts as my partner who passed last year, but will update as I find things out. I will be looking into this further and will update as I find things out.