eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
dizzilizz
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Why does the Ebay Shipping label give an option for Sunday Shipping?

My Ebay auctions are set to ship at least 3 days after auction end.  Normally I ship out next day...but there are times when I need that 3 day cushion.  I always thought that the 3 days was Business days.  After all my Post Office is NOT open on Sunday or Holidays. 

I was currently trying to print out an ebay shipping label, but it's giving the option of Shipping on Sunday as the Final 3rd day option.  I cannot get this package out before Sunday and my Post Office is not going to be open on Sunday or Monday (due to Holiday).

Could someone please clarify the Ebay Shipping Label Sunday shipping to me?  Why does Ebay Shipping Label give an option for Sunday Shipping?  Is it considered 3 days even on weekends and holidays?  Or 3 Business days?  And would I get dinged for shipping later than that?

I'm shipping a photo which is being processed at a shipping lab and it will not be in my hands until after Sat.

Accepted Solution
avsmomee
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dizzilizz

Mailing date ?

Click the ? for More information: You can select today or the next three days to ship your package. Example: You know you can't make it to the post office until Saturday, so you select that date as the shipping date.

Since your handling time is 3 business days, you can print a shipping label as late as 10/10 for an item that sold 10/04. Weekends and federal holidays do not count.

Of course the buyer may not appreciate your mailing so late and although eBay won't ding you, the buyer may ding your stars.

Other Answers: 4
johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dizzilizz

You answered your own question, it is an option, if you can't do that then the option is obviously a bad choice for you, if you do not take the option then Sunday will not count as a business day.

There are places (mostly regional centers) that accept mail 24/7 every day of the year like here in northern Virginia we can go to the Merrifield processing center any time and mail a package same is true with many airports around the country.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dizzilizz

Sunday has to be an option because some of us DO live near sorting centers that accept mail 24/7. If you can't ship on Sunday, then don't choose a Sunday shipping date.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dizzilizz

This is the only place I could find the statement about holidays & weekends:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

Handling time is measured by business days. Weekends and holidays aren't counted.

For example, if you specify 1-day handling time and a buyer pays for an item on Tuesday, you have until 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday to upload a tracking number. For a buyer's payment on Friday, Saturday or Sunday a tracking number must be uploaded by 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on Monday.  (me:  ...or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday.)

I don't use ebay labels, but why can't you print your label on Sunday or Monday to be dated for Tuesday?  The label system may not be set up to be dated that far ahead.  Are you trying to upload tracking today?  You don't even have the item in hand & ready to ship yet.

“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” - Coco Chanel
ilovegrandkids6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dizzilizz

When I print a label on Sunday it shows MONDAY'S DATE as the shipping date.  But it will show SUNDAY'S DATE  as the day I printed the label.  I have not seen the SUNDAY SHIPPING option.