eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
What does APO/FPO mean?

What does APO/FPO in the exclusion list in the shipping area mean?  I also changed my exclusions in my account but it is not showing up on my listings.  Did I do something wrong?  I want to INCLUDE Alaska/Hawaii but it's not showing up in the actual listing.  Thanks!

Accepted Solution
hunyuk14
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nananumberone

Alaska/Hawaii are already included when you ship by USPS mail system.

Some sellers will not ship there only when they use UPS, which can be costly.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered

Dear kraloe,

You are so right---and that's exactly what I did 2 seconds after I posted this question.  Usually I google everything--;-)

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

You exclude Protectorates and APO/FPO (military installations) -- for absolutely no reason.  USPS serves them as well.

Community Member
Answered

Dear mrsmtn,

I did these exclusions when I first set up my account and not knowing what the heck I was doing I excluded the APO/FPO.  Now that I know I only will sell something that I can use flat rate postage, I will include the APO/FPO.  Thanks for your input!  My daddy (who recently passed away) was a purple heart recipient and served in the Bushmasters in WW2 and made many beachhead landings. I am very proud of his time in the service and have always supported our troops in any way I can.  Thanks for your input.