eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
USPS Shipping Delays December 2013?

I have had a few packages during the last 10 - 14 days take more than 5 - 6 days when using USPS Priority Mail. I'm in Wisconsin and one shipment was to Michigan, another to NY and a few to Illinois. My concern is the USPS is indicating USPS Priority mail shipments made by December 21 will arrive by December 24th.  I have not normally shipped during this time of year so any info would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ocgoods2013

We have had some nightmares this month with them.

I have a lot of outstanding shipments that show zero tracking updates, so buyers are panicking.

Also had a shipment from IL to MO that wound up in San Juan Puerto Rico for a couple days before being re-routed back to MO.

Identical problem to NH that went through San Juan.

Had a package going from IL to IL that went through CA!

Now I have a buyer who opened my first case against me asking where their package is.

It was supposed to be 2 days Priority Mail sent on 12/14 and it still has not arrived.

Other Answers: 2
thejeanthing
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ocgoods2013

I have had a few cases opned against me by buyers from Illinois. When I went to the post office, the manager told me that there have been delays during the holiday season to this region due to inclement weather conditions.

jewelkitty
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ocgoods2013

The USPS really puts in the hours and pulls it all together at this time of the year.  The bad weather a couple of weeks back messed things up for a while.  That week, it took 7 days for a package to get from Texas to Oklahoma.  Last week a package sent from Texas to Massachusetts arrived in 2 days.  Shipping is uncertain and something I can't control, so my personal cut-off date is today, unless it is in my state.