eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Shipping labels won't print.

I've been trying to use the usps shipping labels via the sold item screen and after repeated attempts, only the 'Instructions' and 'Online Label Record' actually prints on the lowest 1/4 of the page.  I'm using an HP deskjet 5550 inkjet printer.  Is there some printer settings needed?  This seems like a simple fix and I've tried calling ebay for tech. assistance and they don't seem to know what the problem is.  Would be greatful for help.

Other Answers: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oceanviewsahead

I had the same problem.  I downloaded Mozilla FireFox Browser and printed from there with no problem.  I think IE can sometimes get their print settings messed up but FireFox always works for me.  Good luck.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered

If all else fails, get a new printer, not an HP.   I had tons of problems with my deskjet printing labels, finally scrapped the printer and bought a new one, an Epson.   no problems now.

auntella
Community Member
Answered

If you need to Void a label, go to My Ebay, left side of the page, Sell>Shipping Labels. You have 120 hours or 5 days to Void a label. The money will be put back in your account in 2 to 3 weeks. You don't have to Void a label unless you pay for two of them. You can print several for the same item but you can only use one of them.

You can also, Print Another Label for the same item. Did you try that? There shouldn't be any special setting on the printer that need to be set.

If you are using IE, try using Firefox. Empty your cache, history, and cookies. Sometimes that works.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered

Before you print your label, is the selection for the printer on 8-1/2 x 11 ?

What happens when you use the REPRINT option in the PRINTING LABELS section?  I would try reprinting, and if that doesn't work, then try voiding.