eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
catknif44
Community Member
OK I purchased a set of Redding 223/5.56 reloading dies and the were shipped and show delivered to my mail box and I did not receive them??

Ok so what avenues do I have if any . The seller did not insure my purchase 59.99.

Other Answers: 5
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to catknif44

If Delivery Confirmation states the item was delivered to you, you then have no recourse with the seller!  The item WAS delivered!

Instead, talk to your post office people, or determine who has access to your mailbox.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to catknif44

The seller is no longer involved since the item was delivered to your mail box. Obviously, someone else has them. Ask around your household, neighbors & postal carrier. Call your post office and possibly the law enforcement to report the theft.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to catknif44

You need to contact the Post Master at YOUR local Post Office. Let them know that your carrier for that day seems to have miss-delivered the package. They will do an investigation which will inlcude speaking to that day's mail carrier.

The sooner you do this the better. The longer you wait the less chance your carrier is going to recall anything.

The seller cannot help you. Even if they had insured the package there would be no claim as DC shows "Delivered." Insurance is for lost or damaged packages.

itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to catknif44

Just as an additional comment here there's a reason I suggest always calling your local Post Master.

My mail carrier is dumb as a brick, can't really sugar coat it. He screws things up daily here. I am on a first name basis with my Post Master, lol. 

If people make sure to contact the Post Master then the Post Master might start seeing patterns, i.e.; consistently miss-delivered package reports in one area (indicating a particular carrier) or theft in a particular area. It is the Post Masters job to monitor this. They cannot monitor it if they do not know about it.

Keep in mind, the mail carriers are NOT going to volunteer to tell on themselves.

gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to catknif44

I am a seller, and one of my buyers had this happen to them. They were also under the impression if I had insured the package, then a claim could have been made. WRONG! Since the DC shows delivered, the PO will not open a claim, insurance or no insurance. Insurance is only if the package get lost in the mail, or damaged.

The seller did their job, so you can not blame them. Ask your PO, neighbors, and family members. Then call the police, and report items stolen out of your mailbox.