• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
fantasmajnf
Community Member
Accepted Solution
New USPS Parcel Select Service

Just saw the notice about USPS new Parcel Select replacing Parcel Post and that it won't be available for eBay labels until March !!

Now for our P/P shipments we will have to go to the PO and stand in line to get postage AND pay full price for postage and DC.

That will hit us hard. Especially for part time, lower volume sellers like myself. We either eat the additional cost (can't afford that) or pass on to buyers. Our buyers surely won't like that which will probably result in lower DSRs for ship cost. A Catch 22 either way.

Any thoughts / suggestions ??

Accepted Solutions: 6
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

I haven't used parcel post in years. In most cases priority mail is cheaper and WAY faster than PP if you purchase it with ebay shipping (not paypal shipping). Check it out.

lynnscollectiblesnstuff
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

I usually get low DSR on parcel (The few times I used it) because of the long delivery time. And the packages required GOOD packing cause the box was usually all beat up.And they were the only packages that got lost (or stolen)

bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

Those jigsaw puzzles won't cost much more to ship via Priority Mail, in fact Priority might even be cheaper.  At current rates, Priority is cheaper if you are shipping up to:

1 pound to Zones 1-7 
2 pounds to Zones 1-6
3 pounds to Zones 1-5
5 pounds to Zones 1-4
6 pounds to Zones 1-3
8 pounds to Zones 1 & 2

In some cases, the savings when shipping via Priority can be significant. For instance,  shipping 2 pounds to Zone 3 costs $6.05 via Priority but $6.72 via Parcel Post (including 19 cents for DC).

Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

You can always go to usps.com and print out postage from there.  The post office has discounted postage when you purchase it online. It will be more time consuming than ebay shipping since you have to type in the address of every customer for every package but at least you don't have to stand in line. I use usps.com for shipping to family members and have never had any problems. Hope this helps.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

USPS.com does let you purchase Parcel Post/Select online.

gosimus
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

< which will probably result in lower DSRs for ship cost ... Any thoughts / suggestions ?? >

Yes.  Roll your shipping cost into the purchase price, and offer free shipping.  With free shipping you can always automatically get five stars.

read all the way to the bottom:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/free-shipping.html

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

Well that's great if all your money's in paypal and have to ship 20 packages. And I have to keep track of more by keeping receipts from the post office. Maybe I missed it in an email, but this would've been great to know ahead of time - I wouldn't offer it. Why March? They didn't see this coming? One more way to spit in the face of your own customers.

fantasmajnf
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

I use priority whenever I can, but some packages are just too heavy therefore too costly. As for cost increase, I just saw on the discussion group that increase is 20% !! Also, that Parcel Select is actually for commercial and we won't get that rate. You may want to see the thread under "Shipping".

aj9200-us
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fantasmajnf

I never used parcel post either. I know the rates are suppose to go up Sunday the 27th. I'm not sure exactly how much though. I am hoping ebay will be up to date on the postal rates so packages are not getting sent back for postage due.