eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
Is it cheaper to print a shipping label from paypal or just go to the post office. Or is it the same?

I want to ship an ipod touch case. Should I print a shipping label from paypal, usps , ebay, or just go to the post office. Which way would be cheaper?

Other Answers: 3
hunyuk14
Community Member
Answered
in reply to amyding2000

It would be more expensive at the post office.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to amyding2000

It is much easier and safer to print shipping labels from ebay. If there is an issue with the package, it is already registered with ebay. You don't have to prove that you shipped it. Information and DC is automatically loaded and you can click on the DC number to see when the package is delivered.

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to amyding2000

Printing it online gets you a discount that you do not get at the local Post Office.

IOnline - you get free Delivery Confirmation for Priority Mail or 1st Class Parcel/Package.  DC only costs a few cents for Parcel Post or Media Mail.

Plus, the actual postage is discounted online.

If you print from eBay or PayPal - the DC# is automatically uploaded to both eBay (buyer sees it) and PayPal (PayPal sees it) and your funds will be released faster when the DC # is uploaded to PayPal.  3-4 days after item is delivered to buyer, usually.   Otherwise you wait 21 days.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.