eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
I have a delivery confirmation number showing that I printed a label but no other info. is available. Buyer hasn't received the item yet.

I can show I made the label with the delivery confirmation number but the tracking info. stops there and the buyer has not received the item yet (way late).  Is it just lost?  Am I responsible?

Other Answers: 8
house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

Hi

As a buyer, I frequently receive items that only have had the label creation notice.

As a seller, you are responsible for refunding the buyer if the package does not show delivery.  Assure the buyer that you WILL refund if the package doesn't arrive to encourage patience on the buyer's part.

inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

Until the OP responds with the information requested (which was when was it shipped, how, and to where) there is no reason to advise him to take time out of his busy day to travel to the post office to have someone look up a DC # in the computer or to contact Consumer Affairs to have a package tracked.

(I haven't been inside a post office in years and I ship daily. In almost every case, it just isn't necessary...) ;-)

Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

Try the USPS website as one responder suggested and also go to your PO and ask to have the DC# checked in the USPS system, USPS has a system that they can check. Very often the USPS system will show scanning that doesn't appear on E-bay shipping or even on the USPS site.

Parcel Post is slow and it is not uncommon to take 10-14 days for delivery. Shipments that go to HI and AK (Alaska) via PP can take even longer since they go by ship. Call 1-800-ASK-USPS and enter a claim. Better still ask for the phone number of the USPS Office of Consumer Affairs. Call them and report the shipment.

Good Luck 

stormwatch60
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

I would start by asking how you shipped it. Was it taken to the PO or left at your door for a carrier pickup. It's not unheard of for items showing no record until they are delivered. How long has it been and what type of shipping? Parcel post, priority?

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

Sounds like you are using parcel post. When you print a parcel post label the only thing that comes with that is DC. Tracking is not available. DC rarely gets scanned until it is delivered.

I stopped using parcel post when I figured out that we get a 23% discount on regular priority mail (regional) when using ebay shipping. It usually is close to the same cost as parcel post... way quicker, looks better, AND comes with full tracking free.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

You can also try going to the USPS website and putting the tracking number in there.  Sometimes it shows there and not on ebay. 

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

If the package never arrives, you are responsible. But how late is "way late?" How long has it been, what class of service did you use, where was it going? Hurricane Sandy has had an impact on mail being shipped all over the US.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rawhidegirl

The USPS often does not scan until Delivery.

That is why they call it Delivery Confirmation not tracking.

Depending on where it was going from where, it may not even be late yet.

Not having any other scans is not in itself a red flag....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!