eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
ahall1276
Community Member
I bought an item and shipping was not paid in full by the seller. I paid $2.99 for shipping and recieved item and had to pay $1.15.

The seller is telling me he doesn't know how to refund through paypal. should I take this to ebay or try and work it out. Also he only paid .92 out the 2.99 I paid for shipping.

Other Answers: 7
*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

All the seller has to do is to click on "send money" in Paypal, and enter your email address in order to send you the $1.15 extra you had to pay above what you already paid.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
nowibuystuff
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

All the seller has to do is to click on "send money" in Paypal, and enter your email address in order to send you the $1.15 extra you had to pay above what you already paid.

If the Seller were to do the refund that way

OP would only get about 81 Cents

PayPal keeps 30 Cents per transaction + 3% for 34 Cents of a $1.15

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
nowibuystuff
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

On his PayPal transaction page there is a Refund link towards the bottom in the center

When this happens to me

I ask the Carrier to hold the package for a day and contact the Seller to get a refund of the postage due

If the Seller refuses

I just won't pay the Carrier the postage due and after awhile the package is sent back to the Seller

I then open an INR claim

Item Not Received

Instant win for you the Buyer since the Seller does NOT have a DELIVERED scan

So you get a FULL refund

Item price + what you paid for the original shipping & handling

After you have your refund

Be sure to leave appropriate Feed Back >> NEG and ding the DSR Stars 

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

Tell the seller to open his paypal account and find your payment. There is a refund tab right on the payment. He can refund you any amount of the payment you sent very easily, and it will show up within seconds.

If he doesn't do it quickly, file the case in ebay resolution center for item "not as described" and state what happened.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

The $2.99 you paid for shipping includes handling as well and is not out of line; also, you agreed to that shipping price when you bought the item, so you have no claim there.

However, the seller does owe you the $1.15.   tell him to open the transaction in Paypal, click on the refund link, and refund you $1.15.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

Sorry, my bad. I have used the "send money" feature to send money to my daughter and she never said that she had to pay a fee

If a person has a personal Paypal account, or the sender selects GIFT or SERVICE, the person receiving the funds pays no fee for receiving the money.

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ahall1276

"If the Seller were to do the refund that way

OP would only get about 81 Cents

PayPal keeps 30 Cents per transaction + 3% for 34 Cents of a $1.15"

Sorry, my bad. I have used the "send money" feature to send money to my daughter and she never said that she had to pay a fee.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*