eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
How do I use Parcel Select now that the USPS has gotten rid of Parcel Post? Trying to figure it out is like trying to read the damn Tax Code

Can anyone give me a straight answer on how to use Parcel Select at the USPS?  I went to send a package yesterday that would have cost about $12.50 with the old Parcel Post, and they said it had to go Standard Mail or Priority Mail and both were the same price, $18.50!!

The woman at the P.O. didn't know how to send Parcel Post! 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Other Answers: 4
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to globalranger375

Standard Post is available at my post office, not sure why that clerk could not help you with that.

Sunny

Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving.
Erma Bombeck

frodobagginskennedy
Community Member
Answered

Go to a different post office...GEESH>....and they wonder why the PO is in trouble.....

You can go to Stamps.com and print a label for Parcel select.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Community Member
Answered

Parcel Post is now Standard Post.

Parcel Select is only available online, but not thru eBay at this time.

If the item fits, you can try sending in a PM flat rate box and cut your losses. Or ship Fedex or UPS ground.

Community Member
Answered

I think I understand your confusion here goes:  Parcel Select is offered by USPS for commercial use only, so if the clerk at the Post Office doesn't know you're a biz, which they can't know, they can't let you mail using Parcel Select.  Only through Ebay can you use Parcel Select.  If you have to go to the post office to mail choose Standard Post (that's just the new name for the old service). 

Hope that helps.