eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Baseball Cleats Vs. Soccer Cleats

Hi. I am selling a pair of Rawlings Boy's baseball cleats. A clerk in the shoe store told me that baseball and soccer cleats were identical, but football cleats are different. In my listing I called them baseball cleats, and I said they could be used in soccer. A potential buyer asked me if they were "approved" for use in soccer. I'm not knowledgeable enough about footwear for either sport to know the answer. We have been "cleat shopping" quite a bit before baseball and soccer seasons for our young kids, but I just ask the salesperson and we buy cleats that fit. I didn't realize that the shoes are approved for one sport or another? Does anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to moochiesmom16
Make that "CAN" anyone shed some light on this? Haha!
Please use plain text.
unclekipsy
Community Member

I'm not an expert ( I know just enough to be dangerous ), but if a kid playing soccer wears baseball cletes or a kid playing baseball wears soccer cletes there is no "approved" shoes needed, unless the baseball cletes are metal. Obviously metal baseball cletes are not for soccer...but otherwise they are readily interchangable. I suspect soccer cletes are lighter and more streamlined...better for the running required and the type of turf you run on.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Soccer cleats do not have a cleat at the toe, our kids are checked before every game. Anyone with football cleats is not allowed to play, or the cleat is removed with a pocket knife.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Is this the same as the football cleats? Hope the photo is clear enough to see the black horizontal cleat at the toe.
Please use plain text.
iwant4less
Community Member

They are NOT the same. In addition to the toe, spikes (cleats) may be a different length. Some leagues restrict the length of cleats as well as the placement
Please use plain text.
Community Member

My two cents - In our leagues soccer cleats can be worn for baseball but baseball cleats can not be worn for soccer. When my son was starting out I would buy soccer cleats in the fall so he could wear them for both. Now that he is older, he has a pair of each! Ouch!
Please use plain text.