eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
bmit4922
Community Member
Why am I getting so many pop-ups on my e-bay?

I keep getting a lot of pop-ups on my e-bay.  They are very dis-tracting.  How can I stop them?

Other Answers: 3
whiskertail
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bmit4922
  1. Firefox browser
  2. AdBlock Plus addon for Firefox
  3. NoScript addon for Firefox
  4. Request Policy addon for Firefox
  5. a HOSTS file, such as from mvps.org
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bmit4922

1.  Use a browser with a popup blocker.

even better ...

2.  Run FULL malware scans on your computer!  It is probably infected.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bmit4922

Are you talking about pop-ups or advertisements?

The window that appears, such as the Browse feature for uploading images or the Enlarge feature on listings, those are pop-ups.

You can't stop eBay from advertising on their own web site, but if you receive intrusions from third parties, you can stop that practice.

Install and run Malwarebytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

And, there are several web browsers that won't allow advertising. Firefox with the Ad Block Plus add-on works well.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.