eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Viewing past orders beyond 60 days

Is there a way that I can see all my orders for the year 2009?
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Re: Viewing past orders beyond 60 days

in reply to kfcinnc
Hi kfcinnc

There isn't any way to do that on eBay at present. You can, however, go over to PayPal and look up your history.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
They removed my store except for two items...............[
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
[HOW DO I GET MY STORE BACK?
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Hi minnivin

Not sure what your issue has to do with the subject of the thread, but ....

What did eBay give as the reason for canceling all of your listings? If it was because they thought you were selling knockoffs, you won't be able to get the listings back.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Hi kfcinnc.

We are working on a new feature that will let you see purchases from the last three years. We are just now opening it to a small test group for feedback and are not yet sure whether we will launch it to a wider audience.

One of the feedback channels will be through this forum--in fact, I'll just use this thread!! The group from this channel will be limited to 25. If you'd like to be in that test group, please reply in this thread and I will add you assuming we are still under 25 (we are now).

Here's what you'll see if you sign up for the test group:

To see purchases for the last three years, go to either the Won page or the All Buying page. Then scroll to the bottom of the Won container. Under the pagination area, you will see the link called "Go to past purchases," like the one shown here.

The most recent 60 days are still shown in the Won container. The purchases from day 61 to the last three years are on the Past Purchases page. There are currently no item images available.

The feedback I'm looking for is:

- How useful is this feature?
- Do you have general comments about the display?

Like I said, we have a small test group started, but if anyone else would like to join (up until the 25 limit), please let me know in this thread. I will use the user ID from your reply.

Ceril
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
The link I posted is a little confusing. Here is a link directly to the image showing the "Go to past purchases" link at the bottom of the Won container.

Remember, it will be on the Won or All Buying pages if you're in the test group. It is not on the Summary page.

Ceril
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
I'm With You! I Would Like to SEE More of My Sold Items, Not just 60 Days.
Ebay really is Going down the tubes these days, with the No Negative Feedback for Sellers to Leave. I've Had 5 Sellers that didn't pay me in the past 6 mos. , of course I filed a dispute, But these Buyers get away with it, No warning to other sellers via Negative feedback.
Then there is the New "BUYER PROTECTION"...which Should not apply to Vintage or Antique Items, IF You Click the "Do Not Accept Returns" when Listing, What Makes Ebay think, You'll Give a Return to Someone Who Not Only Destroyed Your Item, But comes off as a bit out of wack. (spots that cannot be seen, unless you use a special lens on a Fifty year old Coat, Lining!)
I Lost My Item, AND had to Pay Ebay Back for Refunding her. I Had Photos on my listing that could be blown up, neither I or Ebay saw Photos of the Problems that she stated.

I Would Also Like to See More than 60 of my items that went "UNSOLD". I don't like to relist right away, as people have already looked. I like to wait, and then relist, but doing it my way, waiting, I have to Re-photograph and the whole nine yards.

No...Ebay is not what it used to be at the beginning.
Sad, but true.
That New Guy that Took over in '08 made it Worse instead of better; and alot of My SAVED SELLERS, that I have looked at, compared prices with and such...that have had Large amounts of listings, are Now "0 Listings" shown for this seller.
They Moved On to an Auction Site that Doesn't Tax you 8% at all times, 12% on Some Items, and OWN and FORCE You to use Their Credit Card Intermediate that Charges You Again.

I May go to Ebid like the rest are doing....No Insertion Fees, and No Taxes unless the item sells, and then it's only 2%.
I've been watching that one, and it seems to be doing well.

Do a Google Search, of On-line Auction Alternatives to Ebay........You'll See Where Some of Your Friends are.

I Have 4600 feedback, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

But to answer your question.....I AGREE with You.
You should NOT HAVE TO GO into Pay Pal to See Your Previous Sales, That was a Great Answer.

Tired of the Bologna of Ebay.

This New Tab on Your Sell Ebay Page....I don't remember what it's called, it Only Appeared Today....But it's there, so click on it.
They offer to put a map of all the places you sold to, riding across the screen of your auctions, Now get this...
This IS EBAY for ya....it's $9.99 for people with less than 500 feedback, it's $14.99 for people with 500~1,000 feedback....and so on, and Get this, for someone with 5,000 feedback it's $69.99 a month!
Well...That Sounds Fair Doesn't it?
Shouldn't the SAME Service be the SAME Price for Everyone? AND...Let's Hope Nobody Signs Up for it, Because it is About as USELESS a Service that I Have Ever Seen!

And Again I'll Ask???
WHAT IS EBAY DOING FOR THE SELLERS???
Anything? I Don't Think So.
Remember When the Gallery Photo Was Absolutely FREE? and that was without buying the picture pack?
Ahhhh....the good old days....when taxes were low....and fees were low....and You Could Actually Make Some MONEY on Ebay!
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Hi ceril@ebay.com,

My comments on the new section:

All in all, I like what's there in My eBay. It's been fun scrolling through the pages of items I'd won and forgotten about - and it's inspired me to go looking for more of them.

Discoverability needs to be worked on, seeing as the fact that it was difficult to find was supposedly the reason the module was removed from My eBay in the first place. :-) I presume ya'll don't want it as a link on the Summary, but maybe it could be pre-set as a Shortcut?

And maybe the text could be in the middle of the bar instead of on the far right, so it would be more noticeable.

It's going back 3 years, not "500 listings or 3 years whichever is first," as it did before, is that right? You might want to consider adding that to the line that says "Includes purchases prior to 60 days from today": "Includes 3 years' purchases prior to 60 days from today." Wow, that's a mouthful - maybe now I see why it doesn't say that already..... :-)

For consistency, since this is a "separate page" in My eBay, we should be able to display up to 200 items on each page. Instead, it's hard-coded at a maximum of 25 items - which means there would be a loooottt of scrolling.

I really like the layout and that the title, seller, price, date, etc., are all there. A picture would be great, but this 'round it doesn't look like it's missing like it did before.

I do see two areas I feel could be improved:

First, the "Sell Similar" link is going to be frustratingly annoying to people who want to sell the item they won, and to anybody else who wants to sell anything similar and clicks on the link.

The reason I say that is because all that happens when you click on the link is that you go to the Sell Your Item form, and that's it.

Most people who click on "sell similar" are going to presume that information will be pre-filled on the form for them - they and even the people who know better are going to be aggravated when they find that not only is the description of what they bought not being put in the form, but neither is even the title or the category or the price.

They'll get a warning at the top of the Sell form: "We cannot locate the item you are searching for. Items posted over 90 days ago are not available for re-listing."

I think it might be better to remove the Sell Similar link, honestly. The module is in the buyer side, and it shouldn't, IMHO, be promoted as 'you bought it, now sell it'.

Second, the options once you get to the "view similar items" search results page are:

Location ...
Distance ...
Buying formats ...
More choices ...
See completed listings

There's no way to narrow the results down by category, which could be important when the eBay search engine starts creatively interpreting what a person bought. :-) The only option is to scroll through all of the results.

However, it appears the system is now only displaying 25 similar items, which means the scrolling isn't going to be real painful.

But about that 25-item limit: I think you're going to have people complaining at some invisible line of demarcation, particularly because the method for choosing the items to display is invisible. I think there should be some way to see "the rest" of the similar items.

As for sorting of the similar results, I personally would prefer that it use my preferences. Whatever the sort is, it's invisible. And it's ALL Buy It Now, which is unfair to sellers.

I suppose this is the same way results are displayed/provided if a person searches on the web and comes to eBay, but I think since a person bought the item on eBay in the first place, the layout of the results page should be the same one that person was used to seeing, category- and sort-wise.
Please use plain text.
2886carol
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Here we go again! This time I would like to see more positive suggestions on the topic than against the idea itself. This will be installed, but hopefully after we get it fine tuned first. This present format of the "My eBay Past Purchases" through Ceril's link is just the worksheet. It's up to us to turn it into what we think our fellow members would like to see for information on all of their past purchases.

Ceril, a note about the link. It takes us from this tab off of the eBay site. I entered eBay by an eBates rebate link. Using the your image link at Photoshop violates my rebate. Basically, leaving the site cooks my cookies. Now if the link opened up another tab, then that would be fine for I wouldn't loose my cookies and am still able to use this tab in the event that temptation for shopping should take place. Another perk to another tab is that when chatting here we can peek over to the other tab to use it for references.

At this time I have tabs open for:
My eBay Won
My eBay Past Purchases
Photobucket's Won-Past-Purchases
This tab, Viewing Past Orders.

Please, I don't want to use it on the Summary! If I am at the Won page, I would like easy access to the Previously Won from there. At this time the mention at the bottom of the page looks like just another ad. I'm learning to ignore those outside the box. Please remember we are designing for all members, either with and without disabilities. I favor the link being on the Won page itself, but in a more bold or larger font.

Continuity - of the Won page should carry over to the Past Purchases.

Members are familiar with the set up of the Won page, they don't like changes.
View Similar Auctions, to save room, couldn't this be placed in the Actions, whoops, More Actions?
Options, whoops, More Actions - The More Actions are different. I tried to delete one of my old notes. There is no option for notes at all!

I like the seller information. I might want another or to sell mine. Both links give opportunity. "You won ..., sell it now!" is what I keep getting in my mail from eBay. Even from their other sites. It sounds similar, but is written in other words. i.e for Books - You bought... well you've had time to read it, now sell the used book. I don't like those messages.

This is confusing.
Past purchases (500)
Includes purchases prior to 60 days from today.

Suggestion:
Excludes purchases prior to 60 days from today. The previous 60 days can be seen from the Won page.
Past purchases (500)

Suggestion: Continuity again. Presently it is showing 25 per pg. I have 20 pages. I believe this is capped at 500. Is it 3 years or 500? Clarification equals no questions or complaints.

Suggestion:
The amount shown is without shipping, that should be mentioned for simplification.

Is there a way to post:
"Topics not appropriate to the titled Discussion will be deleted".
If it keeps up we may have to use a closed area.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Ceril, I feel like I'm in a Buster Keaton movie about training in WW2. All the inductees are lined up at parade rest. The commanding officer asks for a volunteer to step forward for a very dangerous mission. Every person in line immediately takes one step back except our 'hero' who is sent on the mission.

Still, I am interested in this concept and now that everyone has taken a step back, I will accept this 'dangerous mission'. Use the screen name sallyrandfan. And remember! I am a he-male fan of the late Sally Rand.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc

Still, I am interested in this concept and now that everyone has taken a step back, I will accept this 'dangerous mission'.

Great, SRF! So we're all on board. Ready, willing, and able. And hopefully, Ceril will get the 25 volunteers assembled soon. Looks like Glenda and Carol have already lept out of the starting gate with great ideas. Ceril - Should I hang out and wait for you to assemble the team, or have we officially started? I'm a neophyte guinea pig, but am looking forward to being part of the test group. I think this will be a very useful tool for a lot of eBayers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
I was just over at the Chat, and I see that Ceril wants us to communicate about the test on this thread. Carol has a good point, though, with her last sentence. In your previous test, did you have a "closed area" for the nuts-n-bolts comments?
I'm a good soldier...I will go wherever you tell us to go, and I'm understanding that this is the place.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Ceril - Right off the bat, I like it a lot. Here are some things I notice:

At the risk of repeating things already brought up... As Glenda & Carol mentioned, there should be a way to set the number of items viewed per page for a number greater than 25. I just scrolled my rear end off trying to get to the end (beginning) of the 3 years. When I thought Page 8 might be the end, I clicked on Page 8, only to find that it wasn't the final page yet; it truncated at Page 10. When that wasn't the end, it went on to page 11, and so on.

When looking at a long-ago purchased item, I found:

To the right, in blue, under "other actions", one choice is "contact seller", which I clicked on. I thought of a question I'd like to ask my long-ago seller. There was an immediate red message saying "invalid". Yes, of course, because it's a long ago ended auction. Perhaps the message could direct the user to click on the "blue" seller's name in order to contact them. Those red messages can be unnerving.

One last thing, and it might sound silly. I'm concerned that my number of "posts" might rise dramatically as I continue this survey. Since my feedback points might remain pretty static for awhile, I don't really want to look like I post every minute, and don't buy or sell anything. I get concerned about appearing to be a board junkie! On other threads, PayPal mostly, I'll see people with 39,000 posts, and 300 feedback points. It just looks strange, and I see that other people notice it, too. Should I just not worry about it? :smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Don't worry about it Toni. Look at Glenda's numbers. If someone wants to take potshots at you, any and all reason(s) will (and are) used.
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Hi Ceril@ebay.com

I can bring up a Contact Seller screen going back to Dec. 9, 2009, which is 3 months. After that period of time, I get the error message Toni is talking about. Would it be possible to remove the link to Contact Seller after 3 months? Or perhaps it would be better to remove it completely, and let people review other listings from the seller, then click on Contact Seller from their pages.

FYI, it brings up a Contact Seller page for a seller who has been NARU'd for a couple of months now.

-----------------------

Toni, I think you should just not pay any attention to your message count.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
OK, sallyrandfan, your volunteering is duly noted. You're in; let your mission begin...

Ceril
Please use plain text.
2886carol
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
I agree about the confusion of "Contact the Seller". It would be less confusing to delete that option. By "Viewing seller's other items", (or " Viewing seller's items", one can contact them there. This way it's easy to see if the seller is still selling. A member can always use the contact link found in anyone's Feedback page.
Please use plain text.
2886carol
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
Items per page - Compacting space

I see two places to shorten the boxes of information to make more room on the page. 25 per page is not acceptable. I don't want to scroll my 20 pages as presently shown.

First, the listing will not show since it is over 90 days, the item number is no longer important or is it? If eliminated, it saves space.

As I posted the image on post number 9, moving See similar items into the More actions box would save space.

Can we get that down arrow killed? It's ineffectual! Sometimes the actions box goes upwards.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kfcinnc
I have quite a few ideas, but they'll have to wait until tonight when I have more time to write.

I dunno, Carol...I like the little blue down arrow for some reason. To me, it implies "hey - there's hope! Maybe something will be hiding in there that's exactly what I'm looking for". Yes, it is redundant, because after all, that's what "more actions" means. There's just something comforting about it. :-) Maybe what I'm saying is that it makes things more intuitive for dummies...moi, perhaps?

I definitely would like to be able to "add a note" as an option under "more actions". By the way, I love seeing my original notes displayed. It really jogs one's memory. But having the ability to go back into notes and add things would be great. Like, "wow - this guy turned out to be pretty lazy - took him a month to leave feedback." Or, "Just wrote to her - she's going to be listing more such-and-such in June".

Yes, these things can be added in the notes on "Saved or Favorite Sellers", but how many times have you forgotten the Seller, and identify much more with the object you bought?

Just thoughts...more later, especially about layout.
Please use plain text.