eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Organize My eBay with Lists

We've introduced a new way to organize your information in My eBay beta! Here's a short thread to tell you all about "lists."

Ceril

-------
What is a List?

eBay puts items into containers based on your interaction with them. When you bid on an item, eBay knows to put it into the Bidding container. It then moves to Won or Didn’t Win, depending on the auction outcome. When you watch an item, eBay knows to put it into the Watching container.

What eBay does not know is how critical each item is to you. For example, of the 50 items in your Watching container, do you intend to bid on all of them (i.e., time is of the essence)? Or are you hoping some of them simply hurry up and end because you’re watching them only for research purposes (i.e., you plan to buy or sell similar items later)? Without knowing the intent of the particular member watching the item, eBay errs on the side of urgent and tells you when each watched item is going to end--regardless of why you are watching the item.

If you ever wished you could create groups or lists of items in My eBay that are organized in a way that makes sense for your individual intentions--now with My eBay beta, you can! Lists help you do this. Lists put some of the "MY" into "My eBay."

Why use lists? To organize your items in My eBay according to containers you name yourself. Items continue to appear in traditional containers such as Watching, Won, and Sold. But now you can also group them into lists such as "Research," "Wish List," and "For Ceril’s Birthday."

You have two empty lists to start with:

• Research might be useful for items you're watching for market research purposes. Whether selling or buying, most everyone does research from time to time. Put items in this list so you can accurately price an item you're selling or so that you know what your high bid should be.

• Wish List might be useful for items you wish you had--which may include items from your Didn't Win container (so you can view similar items); items from your Watch container on which you forgot to bid (so you can see if they get relisted); and, of course, active items in your Watch container that you don't want to miss out on.

You can create more lists, too--up to 100 of them.

(continued)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ceril@ebay.com
How do I add an item to a list?

To add an item to a list:

1. Click the Take Action menu next to the item.
  2. Click "Add to list."

You can also do this in bulk by selecting multiple items (click the checkbox to the left of each item) and clicking the "Add to list" button.

A layer opens and asks you which list(s) to add it to. You can add it to one or both of your starter lists (Wish List or Research), or you can type the name of a new list.

For example, when you select two items in your Watching container related to Mr. Toad, of Wind in the Willows fame, click the "Add to list" button and add them to a new list you create named "Mr Toad."

You can add items, saved searches, and saved sellers to a list.

(continued)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

How do I see what’s in my lists?

To see an index page that shows all of your lists:

• Click "Lists" in the Organize menu in the left column.

Click this link to see a bigger picture: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/ListIndex-db.png

To see the items in a particular list:

• Click the title of the list and you’ll see a list details page.

For example, click "Mr Toad" and the details related to the Mr Toad list appear--items, saved searches, and/or saved sellers.

Click this link to see a bigger picture: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/ListDetails-db.jpg

Note that this mockup should say 2 items are in the list, not 3--the same item appears in both Watching and Bidding!)

You can easily see other lists by clicking a list name in the carousel at the top of the page.

(continued)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

How do I manage my lists?

Of course, you can delete items from a list.

For example, to delete one or more of your list items from the Watching container in that list, select the item(s) and click the "Delete from list" button.

Click this link to see a bigger picture: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/ListDetails-BulkButtons-db.png

Notice, also, there is a "Delete from My eBay" button. If you want to delete the item only from that list, click "Delete from list." If you want to delete the item from wherever it appears in My eBay (e.g., the traditional Watching container, the Won container, and/or other lists), click "Delete from My eBay."

You can delete an item from your list if it is in the Bidding container, but you cannot delete it from My eBay. That is, it will continue to appear in the Bidding container on other My eBay pages. Why can you not delete an item your bidding on, especially if you have been outbid and don’t intend to bid again? Because the high bidder may cancel his or her bid (or the seller may cancel the bid), and you could end up being the high bidder after all.

You can also add items that are already in a list to other lists.

That "Add to list" button isn't redundant. Select items and click the "Add to list" if you want to add those items to other lists. For example, you may want to select an item from your "Mr Toad" list and add it to your "For Ceril's Birthday" list also.

(continued)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Can I see my lists from other pages on My eBay?

You can show up to two lists on each of these pages if you "place" them there:

• Summary
  • Watching
  • All Buying
  • All Selling

To place a list on a page:

1. Go to the list index page (click "Lists" in the Organize menu in the left column).
  2. In the "Take Action" menu next to the title of the list you want to place, click "Place on page."

Click this link to see a bigger picture: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/PlaceListOnPage-db.png

A layer opens and asks you to specify the My eBay page(s) where the list should be placed.

This is what a list looks like when it's placed on a page such as Summary:

Click this link to see a bigger picture: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/PlacedList-db.png

Use the carousel at the top to switch from Watching to another view.

If you decide you no longer want the list on the page, just click the "Delete from page" link in the upper right corner of the list container.

(continued)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

What if I have questions about Lists?

This discussion thread is meant to provide a quick introduction to lists. It is tacked to the top of the My eBay discussion board for easy reference.

Lists are available only in My eBay beta. If you have a question about them, please join us on the "My eBay beta" thread. It is also tacked to the top of the My eBay discussion board.

-----
See you on the My eBay Beta thread! Enjoy!

Ceril
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Organize My eBay with Lists

Hi
How do I delete a list previously created by me in my lists?
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to dancerkendo

Bring up the list.  

Click on Edit for that list.

Choose Delete this List.

Please use plain text.
p-allen_01
Community Member

[ Edited ]

What happend to "Your lists" ? Im only able to add to Watch list.  thanks

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to p-allen_01

You don't have the little drop-down arrow to the right of "Add to Watch List" when you're looking at a listing?

Please use plain text.
p-allen_01
Community Member

in reply to glenda

I didn't for a couple of days, but now it's working again.

Thanks for your time

Please use plain text.
p-allen_01
Community Member

in reply to p-allen_01

Not working again. I believe it has something to do with the collections option. (after clicking on collection the drop arrow disappears)

Please use plain text.
p-allen_01
Community Member

in reply to glenda

Not working again. I believe it has something to do with the collections option. (after clicking on collection the drop arrow disappears)

Please use plain text.
qualitydisc
Community Member

in reply to p-allen_01

"Add to List" option is not appering for me on a lot of items. Only a few.

I hope that ebay is not discontinuing this feature because it was useful to me, and NO, I do not want to publicly share all of my lists as "collections"

Please use plain text.
a-tsak
Community Member

in reply to qualitydisc

Wish List option disappeared! I too agree that it was really helpfull because of the way all the information was displayed, for instance shipping costs, time left, quantity available, etc... Will ebay remove this feature completely?

Please use plain text.
a1_dvds
Community Member

Can I use 'My Lists' to save my Unsold items, ready to relist at a later date?

e.g. If I have Unsold items that are about to disappear because they were last listed 2 months ago, can I add them to a list called 'My Unsold Items' and be able to relist them from there? If so, how long would they stay in my list for?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
sk8er_pr
Community Member

in reply to qualitydisc

I agree with qualitydisc.

Please eBay don't remove this option and please do not replace it for the "collection" option.

I also do not want to make my lists public. Even I already did a few collections I put all of them as private and then I deleted them again once I notice the regular "list" option was available again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Can no longer take my ended items in my Watch list and move them to my other lists. "Add to list" button is gone. Forced to delete items (or go to Ebay.ca where it still works) Another case of the ebay programmers making foolish changes. (to create some additional work and job security, I guess) Why do they keep changing things ? (mostly making the "ebay experience" worse)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to packsurplus
and my post was nice with paragraphs. Guess I'll try the HTML tab. (new boards really stink too)
Please use plain text.
jenniferw705
Community Member

in reply to packsurplus

Trying so hard to be able to put items into specified lists, but they are not available!  Cannot find a way to add to anything other than Watch or Wish Lists - I had lots - they still show up in all lists, but I cannot add to them - is there some setting I've missed? Had to redo firefox and lost lotsa bits, but trying to sort out all the other items.  Now eBay won't let me add to any of my custom lists [Research, Gifts, House stuff, etc ...] making it very difficult - the two I can add to will run out of space very soon [200 is too few items to save].  Any hints as to how I can get to see my custom lists again - specifically in the drop down box - I can't keep creating a new list that only allows one entry into it!  How silly is this all getting?  Is it the end of eBay functionality?  Sad in Australia.   :-(

Please use plain text.