eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
adwinwalker
Community Member
Accepted Solution
I have pressed an item on "commit buy", but I don't want the item, do I really need to pay for the item?

I have pressed an item on "commit buy", but I don't want the item, do I really need to pay for the item? is it just a list in the purchase history? or i really need to pay for the item?

Accepted Solutions: 4
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to adwinwalker

When you go to confirm the bid you placed, in the pop up box it says.................

"By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder." 

So, yes you are supposed to pay.  You'll have to contact your seller to see about getting out of the sale - they don't have to.  When you bid on ebay, you are expected to pay for the item - that is how ebay works.  From now on, make sure you want the item before you confirm your bid. 

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to adwinwalker

When buyers don't pay, they get a strike.  If you get 2 strikes, you will be blocked by most sellers.  Then when you find an item you really want, it'll be too late coz you'll be blocked from buying or bidding.

If you aren't sure about something, add it to your watch list.  Then when you're sure, so can go back & buy or bid on it. 

If you're buyer won't cancel, you're obligated to buy or get a strike.

=^^= Save a stray today.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to adwinwalker

You need to pay for the item. That is what "commit to buy" means. Or you can try and convince the seller to agree to cancel the transaction.

the_right_stuff99
Community Member
Answered
in reply to adwinwalker

Your  grasp of English seems to be quite good, so there should have been no problem understanding the meaning of the word "commit".

Either pay, or get an unpaid item strike on your record. That strike allows sellers to automatically block people who don't pay from bidding/buying their items.

Your choice.

Other Answers: 1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to adwinwalker

You've been a member for 6 days and you already want to try to get out of your commintments?

Not a good way to start out here.

I suggest you go read all the information regarding buying here on ebay before you proceed any further.

And yes Pay Your Seller.