eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
gddluckchuck
Community Member
How do I log out of My Ebay that is logged in from another computer?

I logged into my ebay account at a friends house a week ago and when I went over there today and she went onto ebay she was able to view the items I was looking at at home and I didn't appear to be logged out.  How can I clear or close these login's from my home computer?

Other Answers: 6
*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

When you log off your account, you are logged off everywhere.

Ebay uses cookies to remind the computer which items were recently viewed on that computer, even if you are not signed in to your account. If I look at items on my work computer, I can log off, and then when I go back to work and just go to the ebay home page, those items may appear as recently viewed items even if I am not logged in to my account.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
october_paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

Hi, On any page go up left you see your name like this "Hi, your name" put you mouse over beside your name, you'll see it says "Log out or Sign out".

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

You left your friend's house without logging out of your ebay account.  That could have been dangerous - someone could have ordered on your account.  Happens all the time.  But to log out, you go to where it says "Hi" and your name on the top left of the page and hover over the arrow on the right of your name.   A drop down box will appear with the log out option.

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

If your friend has an ebay account and knows your ebay user name then she can view the items you have listed, also, you would have to log out at that computer. But even if you do, if she has an ebay account and knows your user name it really wouldn"t help.

gddluckchuck
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

Actually, I don't have any listings, but the items that I am viewing or considering are showing up on the left hand side of her Ebay... Like I wasn't logged out of her computer... I changed my password and my secret question, changed my email password... Is this enough to get her off my ebay account or is she just going to be able to stay in there until she closes it?

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gddluckchuck

No.

On HER computer - you need to clear / empty the browser's HISTORY.  Also delete cookies and clear temp internet files.

how-to w/screen shots
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

AFTER you do that - she won't see that stuff any more.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.