eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How do I get ride of the "Awaiting Answer" number? There isn't a link, or drop down option to mark them as answered, or any way to remove.

My item(s) are already "Sold". I've sent messege(s) to the buyer(s) thanking them for their business. Buyer(s) replied. Now I have "Awaiting Answer (2)".

If I send back a reply, won't this start the process all over again? - Whereas they (the buyer) now has another "Awaiting Answer" because of my reply?

Also, I was unable to locate any type of Mark as Answered link on My Ebay page. Perhaps I missed it. Can anyone tell me where they put it? OR if it even exsists?

Other Answers: 3
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fuzzybuttbernie

Go to that item in your sold list. Open the drop down box {other}, click on mark as answered.

Stop using ebay's messages / contact buyer to say thank you.

Either place a thank you message in the email sent with your shipping label notice or click on reply when you receive notice from paypal that they have sent you money thus using your personal email and theirs.

Nobody says thank you anymore, but you are welcome anyway.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.
nscarlett1450
Community Member
Answered

I just had a question from a buyer the other day and after I answered it she replied with a "Thank You".  I couldn't get it to go away either without answering her.  I could have sworn that I got rid of it by going to the item in my active selling area and clicking on the drop down box and then clicking on 'mark as answered'.  I really don't remember so I could be wrong.  Check there and see if it's available. 

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered

You see that when buyers use the "Ask a question" link on your listing to ask you a question.

If you reply to them via your private email - and not through eBay's message system - eBay doesn't KNOW you replied - so that message stays there.

And no - there's no way to remove it EXCEPT by answering through eBay's message system.

So from now on - when you get questions about item - go to your eBay MESSAGES and answer from there.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.