eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How can I hide my purchase history from view by other members?

Hi, new to eBay, recently I found that my friends who are fellow ebay users can see everything I've purchased (and presumably my watchlist etc also).

Surely there is a way I can make this private for my view only, short of deleting the items from my purchase history...?

Thanks

Other Answers: 6
shopwithaclickdottcomm
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fifilebon2011

This is the worst privacy violation I have ever seen!  Seeing feedback from other members is one thing but no way to hide my purchase items from the entire world is just ridiculous!!!

qrckireland
Community Member
Answered

Only you (or anyone who you allow to use your ebay account) can see your watch list & things you bought. If the seller/you leave feedback on items-that info people can see. If that (feedback) is what you are talking about, you can make it private.

http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CustomerSupport

Thanks

Everyone can see the purchase history from the feedback profile. Is it possible to remove links to bought items from the feedback profile, but leave the profile itself as a public? 

Community Member
Answered

OK cheers - I just dont want my husband knowing how much I spend on clothes haha! Also makes it tough for me to buy him a surprise...thought there would be a way to hide these details but I suppose its to do with transparency of feedback etc...oh well, might have to update the username!

Thanks all

Community Member
Answered

Only you (or anyone who you allow to use your ebay account) can see your watch list & things you bought. If the seller/you leave feedback on items-that info people can see. If that (feedback) is what you are talking about, you can make it private.

http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CustomerSupport

lacemaker3
Community Member
Answered

The only way to prevent anyone seeing what you have purchased, is not to let them know what your eBay ID is.

Deleting your purchase list will not prevent anyone from seeing what you have purchased. However, no one can see your Watch list except you.

If this is a problem, you will need to start a new ID and not let anyone know what it is. Changing your ID will not help, because your new and old IDs will be linked for 30 days.

Community Member
Answered
Please I need purchased history three months help !!!