eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

delete button in purchase history

where is the delete option in purchase history formerly known as won items? I like to delete after receiving
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: delete button in purchase history

in reply to amy48085
where is the delete option in purchase history formerly known as won items? I like to delete after receiving

This is a huge issue! The secondary page is frustrating and not user friendly, but now we cannot even manage things. I'm done leaving feedback as a buyer. It's just too much hassle and I will never remember I need to go find this other page to do so. Ebay is very odd. No longer my friend and no longer has much value. If they lose the users they will go out of business.
Please use plain text.
itscreamsgucci
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
Another here trying to find out how to "delete" won items after I have received them and left feedback. I buy a lot, I don't want to look at completed transactions! this is annoying! Any help out there am I just missing the new set up for how to delete???? thanks
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
It is not possible to delete from Purchase History.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
you can leave a note as to the date received, its highlighed in yellow at least you can see whats come in and what your waiting for.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
DID THIS JUST START ON THE 9TH? I SWEAR IT WAS THERE ON THE 8TH.
I JUST SPENT QUITE A BIT OF TIME THINKING I CHANGED A SETTING, BUT EBAY DECIDED TO JUST ELIMINATE IT. I AGREE WITH EVERYBODY'S COMMENTS. MAYBE AFTER THEY MAKE THEIR CHANGES ON THE 10TH THIS ISSUE WILL BE ADJUSTED. AMAZON IS GETTING BETTER TO USE THAN EBAY.
Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
Hi hanksack

Yes, it started earlier today, the 9th.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
luckily, rolled back. for now.

but just awful. awful awful awful.

of course, i wish to delete items won after the purchases are completed. i delete them after i have left feedback. that is the flow i've used for at least five years. it makes sense.

i bitched & moaned when My eBay 2.0 was rolled out. But within a year, they ironed out most of the bugs, which meant they gradually made some parts more like what they'd replaced.

they continually design the place for the casual user. i am not a casual user. i buy a lot of comics here. now as many as some, but still a lot.

these changes blow.
Best Match is The Devil!

The DEVIL !!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
How do you restore the delete box for purchase history items? I buy a lot and do not want to look at items once recieved. Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085

Glenda, this is probably just one of the dumber things eBay has done recently. Let me know if you agree.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
Unhappy with your new eBad "My eBay", so am I. Reading the board, I have noticed a few people with the same displeasure. We all need to politely express
to eBay that we are worried that people within their organization, have moved
up the ladder, and made decisions that have taken us backwards. But what is
more concerning and disturbing, someone approved it. I would like to take the same drugs that eBay management gets because I do not see, or can hallucinate, as to how their recent changes are an act of wisdom. Us eBayers need to walk away from eBay for some time (no buying, no selling, no watching, no surfing), and let their profits drops. However, based upon their superior wisdom, they will conclude the problem is us and not them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
I'm not saying this is true, but It is possible that eBay is doing this so states can enforce payment of sales tax for online purchases. I know that in my state this year, there was a new question on the tax forms about the value of your online purchases. I was able to go to other sites and get correct values for purchases I made so I could enter it on my taxes, but I wasn't able to get any valid information from eBay. I really haven't purchased much at all on eBay in the last several years anyway, so it didn't matter too much for me.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
Once again FEEbay makes a change. I agree with everyone who stated that they want to delete items from the history after feedback is made. Why is FEEbay forcing us to not manage OUR purchases. When I buy something at the store and unpack it, I throw away the bag and the receipt. FEEbay wants us to keep these things.

Another way corporate America is controlling us. GRRR!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
Our family shares the account but I am the primary user. Sometimes I buy things that are supposed to be a surprise (Birthdays, Christmas, etc.) and delete them from the history as soon as I recieve them to help avoid the surprise being discovered. I will now make thes type purchases elsewhere since the ability to delete has been taken away!
Please use plain text.
powerspcrepair
Community Member

in reply to amy48085

That's balony glenda! amy and itscreamgucci, click here to get back on track of what you need to do. Read Carefully. Here it is: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/My-Ebay/Hey-Yall-Anyone/520284369#1306216709504
Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
I'd like to add my 2 cents -- I also use the "delete" feature to remove items that I have received. I can no longer do that.

eBay has gotten progressively less fun over the past 5 or 6 years, starting with the elimination of the visibility of other bidders. As a buyer, I can also tell that fewer people are using eBay -- a lot less for sale as compared to 5 years ago.

I also am an eBay affiliate, and the people actually buying items that I promote for eBay has dropped over the past year. Too bad their VPs obviously don't read these boards, maybe they'd know why.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
i dont like the change a ii cant delete purchased items after feedback
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085
I also agree. I like to delete items once feedback is left by both parties. I don't like this that this feature is missing.

Chris
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to amy48085

An excellent question. And on the amazingly slim chance that someone actually in charge of something important @ Ebay reads these forums.......
I would like to say:
Please CHANGE IT BACK!!!

I'm a fairly regular Ebayer. Where the heck was the "We're changing things, let us know what you think!" feedback form?
Please use plain text.
kkatz3
Community Member

in reply to amy48085

Delete button is gone! How stupid is that? Sometimes I let my kids buy from my account now I have to worry about what they see there. What if I buy b-day or Christmas gifts? Now I have to supervise 20+ yr olds so they don't accidentally see what I have purchased? EBAY YOU BLEW I AGAIN!
Please use plain text.